Signing in to Google Play

by AuntySocialite

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Signing in to Google Play

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

... so I don't lose my progress if there's a power cut, which we have unexpectedly because of cows. (Honest.)

Following instructions, which only go so far as 'sign in', I get the page below, then the next page wants me to create a Gamer ID.

Do I use my PvZ2 username? Or should I circumvent that bit? I seem to have read somewhere that if you give yourself a Gamer ID, you lose your progress/gems/gauntlets/league etc.

Many thanks in advance for assistance, from Aunty, in the Land of Confusion (are you old enough to remember that Genesis music video?).

SCREENSHOT FOR QUESTION RE SIGNING IN.jpg

Message 1 of 17 (1,999 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Signing in to Google Play

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Google Play, if I remember correctly, the first prompt is for your email account associated with your profile.  For you, one choice it seems, Aunty Social

Then it will ask you to choose the correct identity (why there is a first false identity I can not fathom at all) which is the one with all your plants and resources !!!!

The final screen will prompt about user name (profile) and here is where you can type in the correct one, create a new one, or just hit ENTER.

Hit ENTER and you then have to use Google Play button again when the main screen shows up in order to retrieve your playing profile ! (user name)

edit:  hopefully this explanation makes sense   :-)

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (1,964 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Google Play, if I remember correctly, the first prompt is for your email account associated with your profile.  For you, one choice it seems, Aunty Social

Then it will ask you to choose the correct identity (why there is a first false identity I can not fathom at all) which is the one with all your plants and resources !!!!

The final screen will prompt about user name (profile) and here is where you can type in the correct one, create a new one, or just hit ENTER.

Hit ENTER and you then have to use Google Play button again when the main screen shows up in order to retrieve your playing profile ! (user name)

edit:  hopefully this explanation makes sense   :-)

Message 2 of 17 (1,965 Views)

★★★★ Guide

That was the bit that made me nervous, was the second screen that came up was 'choose a new identity' - I'll try to to get a screenshot - thank you so much, Law, you Superstar

Message 3 of 17 (1,949 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yep, just tried again, this time with email associated with my EA account, and when I signed in, this screen came up. No option to choose. Unless I'm supposed to put in my PvZ2 player name where it says LegalGrocery5. (LegalGrocery? Huh??)

Just to clarify where my gamer identity is and the controller icon, I've put in another screenshot below this one. Thank you so much!

2nd SCREEN THAT COMES UP AFTER FIRST WHEN TRYING TO SIGN IN TO GOOGLE PLAY.jpg

ICONS QUERY.jpg

Message 4 of 17 (1,937 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You are on a PC or laptop right ?

I have never seen the Gamer ID screen when signing in via a Smartphone !  This is asking you to create one if you do not already have one for use with all games online !!

Where you marked "my identity" is what I call a profile name since I have multiple profiles (original and Level 1)

"attempt to sign-in" is the Google Play 'game controller' button for logging into your Google Play account (Google user name/email address)

Message 5 of 17 (1,922 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

If I'm reinstalling to my Android smartphone i open the game from the pvz2 google play store, it installs then when it opens i tap the little gamepad at the bottom right, this then gives me the option to pick 1 of the 2 gmail addresses i have.

I tap the correct one and then EA gives me two options of either a new id number with a profile starting from scratch or the id with all my profiles, plants etc..

I select my correct id and get an are you sure screen, i confirm and then it takes me to the profile selection screen.

It's been a while since I've done it so i might have forgotten something. 

The lost profile solution thread needs to be updated.

Message 6 of 17 (1,914 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I am indeed on a PC, as my mobile phone is practically an antique. Plus I'm nearly legally blind, I could never see the game on a small screen. I use an emulator, Bluestacks.

At the moment, not being able to work out the sign-in, I avoid playing Battlez on a windy day. The cows are another matter; one lives in hope.

Apologies for my obtuseness.

Message 7 of 17 (1,887 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I shall try that, thank you, MagicD. And also thank you, Law. Superstars, both.

Message 8 of 17 (1,888 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@AuntySocialite wrote:

Apologies for my obtuseness.

Blame it on the cows🐄

Message 9 of 17 (1,881 Views)

★★★★ Guide

True. These lot give a whole new meaning to word 'obtruse'. Still, beats living next door to ASBO-collecting chavs, our former neighbours.

Message 10 of 17 (1,864 Views)