Should we be looking forward to the 7.1.2 update?

by Humplemann

Original Post

Should we be looking forward to the 7.1.2 update?

★★★★ Guide

Or should we be trembling in abject fear over what they might have c*cked up this time around?

Message 1 of 12 (691 Views)

Re: Should we be looking forward to the 7.1.2 update?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The last update cost me a streak of 912? and got me soiled.

It caused huge problems with EA's spangly new registration system (since removed), bugs seem to be breeding at an alarming rate and i can only remember getting one bug fixed, Nastery was sprung upon us like it's a good thing and i suspect it was done in a hurry do meet a 🇺🇸 holiday deadline.

EA just don't seem to be listening to us.

All i can suggest is you cross your fingers, if you have multiple devices get them ready and update one at a time (check each one has your streak and league data), if you do lose your streak reinstall it immediately before it can update your old streak to zero on the backups.

Wear a tinfoil hat.

Keep packet of jaffa cakes nearby.

Message 2 of 12 (684 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My feelings are that instead of EA/Popcap rolling out new stuff they should be concentrating on sorting out their earlier c*ckups first. It's like they don't realize (Or perhaps don't care) that bringing more stuff into the mix before sorting out existing problems stands a high percentage chance of compounding things.

It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to understand that creating a stable platform should be prioritized. Only once that's been achieved should they start adding things, one step at a time. Despite this, I saw somewhere on Reddit that Haem has said they've yet to find a cure for the duplication bug that's been blighting the game since early November. In other words the bug is still there and spreading like wildfire yet they've gone ahead with an 'update' that doesn't address the problem.

I'm still unaffected as yet by the bug, but the longer it goes without the cause being eradicated the greater the chances are of everyone getting infected.

I know someone who has been hit and they've said how bad it is, with Gems and Coins etc resetting to zero and frequent instances where the game tries to drop them back to Soil League when they try to enter Battlez mode.

EA/Popcap knows about all this, yet they continue to give priority to adding what often turns out to be totally unnecessary fripperies.

Message 3 of 12 (666 Views)

★ Guide

"EA just don't seem to be listening to us."

I popped up into Jade league last week - what a huge mistake.

My plants are generally level 7 or 8 and now instead of EA cheating me with a forced loss every sixth match, the chEAter bots are killing me every third match.

Its not fun, it is frustrating and I get angry at myself for even playing the game.  I mean - EA is going to treat their customers like * and screw them over with forced losses - OK, but I'm the one who kept playing the game, so at that point I only have myself to blame for letting myself be treated that way.

This week has taken all of the fun out of it and I've put the game down (again). 

I think the reason I haven't deleted the game off of my phone is that I'm thinking maybe EA will get their * together and make it a fun game again - but each chance they have to do that, they just make it worse instead.

Message 4 of 12 (650 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have not put the game down yet but I have the same thoughts as you do !!

Some BattleZ weeks are not enjoyable and I did sit out the Level 10 experience and will do so again if ti pops up in the future.

Message 5 of 12 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

It seems to me that EA/Popcap have become so intent on creating 'challenging' tournaments that they've almost completely lost sight of the fun element.

I've done pretty well in the tournaments overall, getting on average 1,000 to 1,200 crowns most weeks. I even did quite well in the, I believe universally hated, 'All level 10 fixed plants' nightmare. Despite winning my league that week by close to 500 crowns, after a friend came up with a more successful strategy than I'd been using early on, I still found the fun side had all but disappeared.

There are times when playing the matches becomes a chore. Instead of thinking "I'll have a bit of fun by getting in a few Battlez matches" it's been more like "I suppose I'd better grind out a few more Battlez matches to maintain my league position."

This week's Electric Blueberry tournament is a case in point. Players can get good scores and win plenty of matches, but the game-play is so intense that you don't dare relax, even for a split second. That makes the matches a chore rather than being fun.

Just when you think you're pretty much on top of things, a tidal wave of All-stars comes pounding in and virtually wrecks everything at the front of your defenses. Once those defenses are in tatters, in comes the hordes of marauding Modern Day Gargantuars to shoot out the plants at the rear. (Not to mention the Super-Fans and Imp Bots.) You then have to try to rebuild and attempt to survive until the end of the match while hoping your opponent's score won't overtake yours.

I've found that the key to this week is to concentrate mainly on ensuring you kill the Cardio Zombies. Their combined scores of 1,125,000 (Jade League) often makes the difference between winning and losing.

If anything, this week's tournament has completely exposed the overall weakness of Electric Blueberry and shown it's totally unsuited to Battlez. Okay it's an 'instant kill' plant, but it takes forever to refresh between plantings and its firing rate once planted is abysmal. Also, it doesn't even target the Cardio Zombie. Where's the sense in that? A 'Plant of the week' that ignores the highest scoring Zombie!!!!

Message 6 of 12 (618 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I agree with you on all points !!  RNG makes the battle a crap shoot as to how well you can do.  My scores, with the same exact plants every time, can vary from over 2M to barely breaking 1M.  Which will it be this time and how will my opp fare since I know that we are not playing against the same RNG !  The lottery has better odds.

I am also disappointed with Electric Blueberry.  I only use a few each round and rarely is it a benefit on the lawn.

I only wish I could figure out how to kill the Cardio...nothing has worked yet.

Message 7 of 12 (608 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@lawmfw wrote:

I only wish I could figure out how to kill the Cardio...nothing has worked yet.

The way I'm doing it is through using Laser Bean as my main weapon on the whole arena. I then use Squashes in the area where the Cardio comes in. I put one down in column 7 as soon as the Cardio appears and then another as soon as I can. I can sometimes get three working on it together and back them up with as many Laser Beans as possible in row three. I also deploy Spearmint to boost the LB's while the Cardio is present.

Don't forget that you can place another squash on the spot vacated by the original when it jumps to smash the Cardio. That way you get two of them on the same square.  You can also plant one directly on top of the Cardio's treadmill to get three attacking if you get time. The Cardios stay on the field for 40 seconds, so it is just possible to have three squashes working together. After the first Cardio dies, or leaves the field, try to keep three Squashes in place ready for number two and then three. 

The caveat to this is you need a fairly high-powered Squash. Level 9 or 10 should just about be able to do it with the help of Laser Beans in columns 1 thru 5, but Mastery would make life easier if your Squash (Assuming you have it in your arsenal) has Mastery. It also helps if your LB is in the Mastery range.

Both of mine are in the Mastery range thanks to grinding each tournament for 200+ matches and getting lots of seed packets through being on the 10x reward multiplier.

Give it a try in the Practice Room if you've got any slots left.

Message 8 of 12 (600 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

ty for the explanation.  I have tried that with no success to date.  My Squash is level 9 and LB is Mastery.  I will try again the next time there is Cardio.

tonight I am being crucified much more than I had been earlier in the week; losing twice as much as yesterday

Message 9 of 12 (590 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Humplemann wrote:

... Give it a try in the Practice Room if you've got any slots left.

It is no use as I found out the hard way that practice and real Battlez are not the same.

I can kill all three Cardio zombies with my level 1 plants in practice but in real Battlez, EA has changed its health points thus even with level 9 plants I can only just manage to kill one.  

My current profiles are working and have all the ads for gems and coins, so I have to admit (it is selfish for me) I fear that with the updates thing may change.... (and knowing this is from EA.... normally it is not for better...)

Message 10 of 12 (580 Views)