Sharing your Battlez experiences

by eieio_31310

Original Post

Re: Sharing your Battlez experiences

Champion

@Cogakhoaisan

I do not believe this week's Battlez is designed for low level plant players. While I can get over 1 mil with high level plants, I could not even manage 300K with level 1 plants. Disappointed

I am starting to wonder as what selection of plants the game designer was thinking to be the correct choice for this Battlez.....

Aloe-275k.png
Message 71 of 2,542 (3,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310

I don't believe the designers put very much thought at all into plant choices or combos for the various arenas they come up with.

Virtually every tournament they have set up favors those players with Max level plants.

I realize that Max level players will, or should, do well in any tournament, but on most occasions EA have seemed determined to make life difficult for those players with low level plants.

It seems like they don't even realize that players with high level plants can make far better preparations when it comes to planning the start point defences. That's because the Max level plants are much cheaper and so they can put out more than the low level players can. They then make matters worse by giving low starting sun, or restricting sun production. That again favors the Max plant players and makes life even harder for low level plant players.

I don't know if it would be possible to implement, but wouldn't it be good if some form of handicapping was built into the Battlez matches. EA's systems must be able to detect the general rating of individual player's plants, so it should be possible for some form of sliding scale where players with lower level plants get to start off their matches with proportionately more start sun than the Max level guys.

Message 72 of 2,542 (3,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Humplemann wrote:

... some form of sliding scale where players with lower level plants get to start off their matches with proportionately more start sun than the Max level guys.

I think this is already in place (not sure if this were intentional), take this week for example, because low level Tall Nuts are at higher sun cost so low level plants player can get more sun by digging them up, but to me, I thought the whole purpose of the game is to be entertained or making player feeling good to have achieved something -- I have to confess I even enjoy losing a game if I can gain better knowledge on the better strategy from my opponent. 

This week's Battlez design seems to be making most low level plant players feeling bad as they are not able to protect their own base (mower without being triggered),  It is true that I still win most of the games, but it does NOT mean I am good at it, it just means my opponent is having an harder time with the zombies...  Disappointed

Message 73 of 2,542 (3,038 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310 wrote:

@Humplemann wrote:

... some form of sliding scale where players with lower level plants get to start off their matches with proportionately more start sun than the Max level guys.

I think this is already in place (not sure if this were intentional), take this week for example, because low level Tall Nuts are at higher sun cost so low level plants player can get more sun by digging them up

Good point. There were also 3 Electric Peashooters in place a few tournaments back that could be dug up. Maybe EA could/should have the start point of every match with a few plants already in place so players have that option. (I somehow doubt that was the intention on EA's behalf.)

I dig up the Tall Nuts in this week's tournament (I also dug up those Electric Peashooters) and that assists with having an improved initial defense in place. If it means lower level players getting a bit more benefit then I'm all for it.

Message 74 of 2,542 (3,013 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@eieio_31310 I think Battlez is designed for players with premium plants as it should be for any games that allow in-game purchase. 

But I find it challenging and interesting for low level players like us. I think the most interesting part of Battlez is finding your own way to win a match and climb to Jade League. And I am enjoying it.

Message 75 of 2,542 (2,984 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310 wrote:
  It is true that I still win most of the games, but it does NOT mean I am good at it, it just means my opponent is having an harder time with the zombies...  Disappointed

Kinda feel the same way.
For some unknown reasons it seems that the matchmaking makes me play against player with lower plants this week, dunno if it is my imagination or not, well I'm not complaining about this.

Else, would be nice if EA would put an alternative Battlez mode as we discussed days ago with a pre selection of few plants (let's say 10) for each game, same level for everyone, and same "setup" of zombies waves. It would be really about which one is getting the best strategy.
(yes I can keep dreaming)

Message 76 of 2,542 (2,973 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Not sure if it is worth it to go to Jade league. You will spend lot of gauntlets to get there and if you get in, it will be even harder to go to the first places.
Message 77 of 2,542 (2,970 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Cogakhoaisan    I like your spirit.

I tried again last weekend and have found a way to break the 300K mark. I used the Shrinking Violet to clear the imps.

(I do feel sorry for my opponent as it seems to be quite a low score with all the level-up premium plants)

IMG_3331.PNG
Message 78 of 2,542 (2,928 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Na congrats for the score,& the wins against higher opponent like this are always the best @eieio_31310 :eahigh_file:

Message 79 of 2,542 (2,910 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I'm with eieio on this- I'm no.1 (i love saying that), in brick league and so far I've won 54 and lost 6 which is well above my normal win rate (4.3 -1).
My highest score was 344,700 using 5 plants totalling 13 points (i never used aloe but he's level 4 so i didn't count him. and i only broke 300,000 twice this week.
I do use premium plants as i got fed up of losing to players using them.
Yes i would prefer it if i didn't have to buy them (with real money or gemz/ mintz ) and would have been sooooo much happier just paying a one-off payment like i did with the first plants vs zombies instead of being bled white by EA's department of bleeding people white. As you will probably tell me that i don't have to buy premium plants and it's my choice to pay for them or not.
ANOTHER VICTORY TO MEEEEE!!!!!!🇬🇧

Message 80 of 2,542 (2,892 Views)