Sharing your Battlez experiences

by eieio_31310

Original Post

Re: Sharing your Battlez experiences

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

This is the reason why I'm having second thoughts on grinding this tourney; these packets are wasted on me since my Gold Bloom is already maxed (while my Solar Tomato is not getting much love 😥):

Week 44 - Seed waste.jpg
Message 681 of 2,542 (541 Views)

Champion

This is good to know as my gold bloom is currently at level 9 so maybe able to get it to 10 this weekend.  Standard smile

Message 682 of 2,542 (528 Views)

Anonymous

Good to know my Solar Tomato is not getting much love? How cold of you...

🤪

Message 683 of 2,542 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Old McDonald is an insensitive clod !!

Your Solar Tomato is welcome in my Garden Salad anytime !!

Message 684 of 2,542 (505 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Week 44 with the set, standardized configuration is by far the most mind numbingly boring ‘innovation’ since I don’t know when.

already bored one day in :-(

Message 685 of 2,542 (487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Anonymous

My Gold Bloom is also overflowing with surplus seed packets, as are the only other useful plants that topped out at the old Max level - Tile Turnip and Power Lily. (There are others, but they're so useless that topping out at level 10 isn't of any consequence.) 

I fail to see why those three have been excluded from Mastery. Gold Bloom's sun output could have a boost, or its refresh time could be reduced. Tile Turnip could get additional free tiles, with 4 at M100 and 5 at M200. Power Lily could refresh faster.

I'm also reluctant to play Battlez very much this week. This is partly due to the same reason as you, but also because I consider the nightmare idea of forced plants makes it far too much of a lottery when it comes to whether you'll win or lose.

I'm not about to unnecessarily put my long reward streak at risk under such circumstances. I know we risk losing our streaks with every match we play, but IMO this week's format makes losing much more likely.

I've already experienced worryingly huge fluctuations in my scoring. I have Mastery on all the plants for this week and my high score is just under 1.9 million, but I've also dropped as low as 650,000 and barely won.

I've played 15 matches this week and I'm currently 4th in my Jade league with 75 crowns. I think I've already pushed my luck far enough, so I'm now going to spend the rest of the week monitoring my league position and I'll only play again if I need some more crowns to retain my Jade status.

Message 686 of 2,542 (484 Views)

Champion

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know my Solar Tomato is not getting much love? How cold of you...

🤪

I do not have her so there is nothing to love but I am sure she is a stunner! 

Message 687 of 2,542 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm deliberately getting demoted this week so am playing the minimum number of matches.

I'm currently 14th with 29 crowns (5 wins, 4 losses).

I really don't like this week's challenge so I'm voting with my feet.

I have no objection to a set selection of plants but there's not a lot can be done with those provided.

Unless of course you have mastery then your scores can sail through the ceiling.

Message 688 of 2,542 (443 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm joining MagicDave on the sidelines.  Scoring is too much "luck" versus skill in my opinion.

Message 689 of 2,542 (426 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:

I'm deliberately getting demoted this week so am playing the minimum number of matches.

I'm currently 14th with 29 crowns (5 wins, 4 losses).

I really don't like this week's challenge so I'm voting with my feet.

I have no objection to a set selection of plants but there's not a lot can be done with those provided.

Unless of course you have mastery then your scores can sail through the ceiling.

You have to have very high levels of mastery. I have low levels on all of these standard plants, and the rigged ‘can’t win’ rounds are still sent through - usually around round 10 but this time mostly around round 7. In these rounds my own performance is suppressed with very few zombies being sent through and the ‘fast forward’ button resets itself every few seconds. It is clearly being manipulated by EA so that I lose the round and pay gems to extend the streak, which I am refusing to do while their manipulation is so clearly evident. Over this money grubbing enterprise.

Message 690 of 2,542 (426 Views)