Sharing your Battlez experiences

by eieio_31310

Original Post

Re: Sharing your Battlez experiences

★★★★ Guide

You can see in the game that next ones should be Enchant-mint or Pepper-mint since the info is added on the almanach on every plants of theses 2 families (while there is nothing for plants that don't have any Power-mint yet even if we know the upcoming Power-Mints and their families).

I though it was only for Enchant-Mint family but it also appears for Pepper-mint family so maybe Pepper will be first. Standard smile

Good point for the recharge time, did not notice it was the same for every PM.

Message 481 of 2,542 (464 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOM  a écrit :

@BBnot8 wrote:

@MAGICDAVESHROOM  a écrit :

I also did 3 million IN TRAINING and so far my scores in tournament haven't come close to my training scores.

You can get 6 moonflowers in a block which means they all are generating at maximum from the start.

Except if you put your moonflowers on the first lanes, you can't put more than 4 MF in a block (+3 next to it but they will not be fully boosted...)

That's what you think.

My bad, I did not take that power tile into account Zipped lips

Message 482 of 2,542 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm not 100% certain about it, i usually rely on fandom for figures but spearmint and shadow peashooter don't yet have detailed tables so i looked at reinforcemint, and that turned out to be correct when i upgraded mine.

Message 483 of 2,542 (464 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Btw, that two weeks in a row that we don't have any World or specific Pinatas (with many different plant seeds) but just Pinatas for the plant of the week...
Are they nerfing Pinatas reward in Battlez ?

Message 484 of 2,542 (449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've just had a Homing Thistle Tournament match that I barely won. I fully expected to find the opponent had similar plants to mine, but I was wrong.

I scored 14,701,265. My plants were Lvl 10 Homing Thistle (Which I didn't use) - Lvl 13 Laser Bean - Lvl 10 Power Lily - Level 10 Gold Bloom (Imitated) and Lvl 10 Spearmint.

The opponent scored 14,676,410. Their plants were Lvl 10 Homing Thistle - Lvl 8 Cherry Bomb - Lvl 10 Power Lily - Lvl 10 Moonflower - Lvl 10 Dusk Lobber and Lvl 10 Explode-O-Nut.

The thing is, I had already tried the MF/DL tactic in the Practice Room. The best score I achieved was 7.8 million, and that was while I was using Spearmint to deal with the Hamster Balls. That was why I went for the Laser Bean/Spearmint strategy again. Laser Bean is buffed again. And the Spearmint puts them on steroids for a while.

I tried a few practice matches using the opponent's lineup, which had only the Homing Thistle buffed. (My Cherry Bomb is level 10, so my overall lineup was slightly stronger).

I used various methods, both with and without bringing the Homing Thistle into play, but the best score I got was 4.9 million. I found that it takes a Cherry Bomb and an Explode-O-Nut to destroy a Hamster Ball, but you are then left with the zombies inside it to deal with. (Spearmint both destroys the Hamster Balls AND deals with the zombies.)

Towards the end of the practice matches, the Lobbers dealt with those zombies, but without both a Cherry Bomb AND an ExplodeO-Nut, the Hamster balls were virtually unstoppable and got midway on to the field before finally breaking.

I just CANNOT see how someone could get such a score with that particular lineup. 

Anyone else got any ideas how they might have reached such a score - other with than them being a bot or someone using 'Non-standard' tactics?

Message 485 of 2,542 (448 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I just did 5M2 and tbh I do think that most of my points came from Spear-Mint.
Does seems a bit akward indeed, maybe it made a good use of the power tile + DL.

Message 486 of 2,542 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@BBnot8 wrote:

I just did 5M2 and tbh I do think that most of my points came from Spear-Mint.
Does seems a bit akward indeed, maybe it made a good use of the power tile + DL.

As well as using Spearmint, I also made use of Plant Food on the Power Tiles (Twice). I had Laser Beans on the 3 that are further back and a Spike Rock on the one closest to the front. If I hadn't used them I would have had my a-s-s kicked.

Message 487 of 2,542 (436 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Humplemann 

I have seen players using maxed out spearmint and double power lily combo and getting over 15M quite consistently.  Maybe you want to give this a try instead of double gold bloom.

Message 488 of 2,542 (400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

New pb.

Screenshot_2018-09-26-20-14-00.png
Message 489 of 2,542 (381 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310 wrote:

@Humplemann 

I have seen players using maxed out spearmint and double power lily combo and getting over 15M quite consistently.  Maybe you want to give this a try instead of double gold bloom.

I have already tried that combo, but found I was constantly running low on sun in the middle of the match. That kept holding me back while trying to get out the total of 27 Laser Beans I like to have in place with about a minute of the match remaining.

My setup keeps me well supplied with sun at the cost of not quite so much plant food from the Power Lily, but I still usually have one or two of them in hand for the final 30 seconds. (That's one for another Spearmint and the other for using on the power tiles that have 3 Laser Beans and one Spike Rock on them.)

My best score so far is just over 17 million, and I'm averaging 14 to 15.5 million. (With a few of the dreaded inexplicably lower scores thrown in occasionally.) 

If I had level 15 Laser Beans that cost 100 sun, instead of level 13 that cost 125 sun, I can see that your suggested lineup would work better. That's because you get 20% more Laser Beans for the same sun, plus they refresh in 3 seconds instead of 3.5.

Message 490 of 2,542 (355 Views)