Re: Sharing your Battlez experiences

by CCMark2013

Original Post

★★★ Guide

@Humplemann wrote:

@CCMark2013 wrote:

@lawmfw wrote:

Great.  Almost x10 multiplier.   Noticing improvement in your World/Premium plants already ?

OH yes!

Make the most of your high multiplier while you still can. After April 30th it will be gone. (Mutter, mutter, mutter).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I definitely am - have gotten my snow pea, grapeshot and shadow peashooter up to mastery levels so far
Message 1031 of 2,542 (608 Views)

★★★ Guide

Make that four plants up to mastery - Dandelion today.

The one thing that I have noticed about this particular week - in the first 30 seconds, there can either be very few or a lot of zombies.

When my scores is only say like 8K the first 30 seconds, I know that it's a lost cause.

But if it's near 100K, then I know I'm fine.

Anyone else notice this?

In addition, the last 10 seconds becomes a major SHOOT OUT - especially if you are able to save PF!

Message 1032 of 2,542 (585 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@CCMark2013 wrote:

The one thing that I have noticed about this particular week - in the first 30 seconds, there can either be very few or a lot of zombies.

When my scores is only say like 8K the first 30 seconds, I know that it's a lost cause.

Anyone else notice this?

In addition, the last 10 seconds becomes a major SHOOT OUT - especially if you are able to save PF!

Congrats on getting number four. :eahigh_file:

I've also noticed that there's occasionally hardly any zombies coming out in the first few seconds, but I've not had it last for as long as half a minute. (Yet).

If I think things are moving a bit too slowly, I'll deploy a Reinforce-mint to make my Chard Guards in column 9 do their leaf flapping thing. That usually gets a few zombies that have yet to make it fully to the lawn and seems to wake the rest up. (Can't help wondering - do zombies sleep?)

You're spot on with keeping back some Plant Food for a big finish. I make a habit of doing that for every match. Most of the time I'm far enough ahead for it to make little difference to the outcome of the match. Other times it's been crucial.

I'm lucky in having my Reinforce-mint at level ten, so I'm able to hold three lots of PF for the final 20 seconds. Doing that has saved my bacon on a few occasions when the opposition has been a bit too close for comfort.

Message 1033 of 2,542 (577 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Humplemann wrote:

@CCMark2013 wrote:

Anyone else notice this?

Congrats on getting number four. :eahigh_file:

I've also noticed that there's occasionally hardly any zombies coming out in the first few seconds, but I've not had it last for as long as half a minute. (Yet).

If I think things are moving a bit too slowly, I'll deploy a Reinforce-mint to make my Chard Guards in column 9 do their leaf flapping thing. That usually gets a few zombies that have yet to make it fully to the lawn and seems to wake the rest up. (Can't help wondering - do zombies sleep?)

You're spot on with keeping back some Plant Food for a big finish. I make a habit of doing that for every match. Most of the time I'm far enough ahead for it to make little difference to the outcome of the match. Other times it's been crucial.

I'm lucky in having my Reinforce-mint at level ten, so I'm able to hold three lots of PF for the final 20 seconds. Doing that has saved my bacon on a few occasions when the opposition has been a bit too close for comfort.

Thanks!

I'm finally in the 10x category, and man what a difference that makes for upgrading plants and mints!

My streak is @ 891.

Message 1034 of 2,542 (569 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

What a journey eh ?  Reap the rewards for the next two weeks.

Message 1035 of 2,542 (564 Views)

★★★ Guide

@lawmfw wrote:

What a journey eh ?  Reap the rewards for the next two weeks.

It's been a blast!

I'm NOT looking forward to starting my streak over again, though Frown

Message 1036 of 2,542 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

No one 'looks forward to' restarting !!    All that hard work, patience, and persistence...never forget the luck factor

Message 1037 of 2,542 (526 Views)

★★★ Guide

Today has been a strange day...my scores seem to be lower overall, and I'm struggling against opponents with much inferior plants.

I've tried mixing it up a bit - especially after facing consecutive bots.

Currently @ 5 master plants - Starfruit just joined the club, along with Snow Pea, Dandelion, Grapeshot and Shadow Peashooter.

But honestly - except for maybe Shadow Peashooter, I don't really notice any obvious differences using the other mastery plants in my scoring.

Message 1038 of 2,542 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Noticing a difference in scoring is just about impossible since the 'improved' strength is achieved so slowly....compare how easy it is to be rid of a BucketHead Zombie or even Giga now as opposed to before your streak began.

Mastery plants make a joke out of Adventure mode.  World/Premium plants that are now in Mastery are so much stronger than when they were at Level 6 or 7.

Create a new level 1 profile and replay Adventure mode...you can really notice the difference in your plants !!

Go to Big Wave Beach day 3 if your Repeater and Peashooter are much higher than a few months ago and try that challenge...see the difference once you do.

Message 1039 of 2,542 (505 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’ve always felt Mastery plants make a massive difference as I haven’t got any and I usually can’t maintain a winning streak, but this week although I’ve only played 18 times every time has been a winner. Is this because there’s been a tweak that means Mastery plants are no longer making much difference, or is it just this weeks game or am I just having a lucky streak getting players with mastery plants but no idea of tactics?

5F0E3184-1B9B-4F7D-B74A-18CFDF9178D9.jpeg

Message 1040 of 2,542 (497 Views)