Re: Sharing your Battlez experiences

by badbee34

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

@Humplemann

I definitely get progressively worse scores as I play. I don't have a very high level laser bean  (9) so don't get the scores you're getting but even so I normally score 1.5M+ until I get to around the tenth game then it starts to drop and I usually lose scoring less than 1M. 

Message 461 of 2,542 (567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@rackman70

I guess what you experience is the dreaded 10th game curse, when you're confronted by a terminator bot. (You know, the ones that don't exist.) That's something I've not been troubled by all that much since my plants reached high enough levels to allow me to win through.

My situation is something that usually seems to set in during the third or fourth day of a tournament, when I start to see a general falling off in all of my match scores.

That's why I'm now wondering if the replays used are from early on in the various weeks, before the nature of the zombie load-outs seem to change.

One thing I noticed was this weeks scores for killing individual zombies. It was easier to spot because there are fewer different types of zombies. I've seen scores of 6,000: 7,800: 10,500: 11,750 and, less commonly, 14 thousand and something. (14,500?)

Early in the week I seemed to be getting an even spread between those values. Now, there seems to be way more of the 6,000 scores and far fewer of the 11,750 and 14,500 scores. (Except on rare occasions.)

Message 462 of 2,542 (559 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Humplemann wrote:

Has anyone else started to get consistently lower scores now than those being scored earlier on in the tournament?

I have found this on a lot of tournaments, I can't speak for this tournament because I stopped playing it because my score is too low and not stable . For example day 1 -2 I would score let's say 3 mil day 3-5 2.5 mil then day 6-7 2.2 mil . Another thing I noticed is that every 7-12 games I would get 1 game where mostly low scoring zombies would enter the board . i Have also experienced the no zombies for 15-30 seconds, this mostly happens to me during the middle of the game. I took screenshots of that a while back I will have a look if I still have it then post it here. The scores I mentioned obviously vary with tournament but the drop is always constant so I always mainly play on day 1 and 2 the other advantage of playing on day 1 and 2 is deterring the other players from chasing your score to win the league, if they pass my usual 500 crowns for the first 2 days I don't bother chasing them because the rewards for 1st place simply is not worth it.

Message 463 of 2,542 (542 Views)

★ Guide

I don't believe in any 10-game streak-breaker....

The thing is, the game NATURALLY pairs you up against increasingly higher valued game results the stronger you do.

Message 464 of 2,542 (541 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@badbee34 wrote:

@Humplemann wrote:

Has anyone else started to get consistently lower scores now than those being scored earlier on in the tournament?

I have found this on a lot of tournaments, I can't speak for this tournament because I stopped playing it because my score is too low and not stable . For example day 1 -2 I would score let's say 3 mil day 3-5 2.5 mil then day 6-7 2.2 mil . Another thing I noticed is that every 7-12 games I would get 1 game where mostly low scoring zombies would enter the board . i Have also experienced the no zombies for 15-30 seconds, this mostly happens to me during the middle of the game. I took screenshots of that a while back I will have a look if I still have it then post it here. The scores I mentioned obviously vary with tournament but the drop is always constant so I always mainly play on day 1 and 2 the other advantage of playing on day 1 and 2 is deterring the other players from chasing your score to win the league, if they pass my usual 500 crowns for the first 2 days I don't bother chasing them because the rewards for 1st place simply is not worth it.

I have also started going in hard and fast in the tournaments. By late on Thursday night (While I was still scoring really well) I had amassed 940 crowns in my Jade league. Despite the sudden and glaringly obvious drop off in my scores on Friday, I took that up to a round 1,000. I now intend to monitor how things go to see if anyone below me tries to bridge the gap. The last time I checked the league table on Friday night, second place was just over 450 behind and third was about 200 behind them. 

Message 465 of 2,542 (527 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS wrote:

The thing is, the game NATURALLY pairs you up against increasingly higher valued game results the stronger you do.

I HAVE noticed that opponent scores seem to go in cycles. (It could possibly be every 10 to 15 matches, but I haven't been taking notes.)

It's a bit like a gentle Sine Wave that varies between a period of low scoring opponents, then those with average scores, followed by a peak where a few with much higher scores appear. It then drifts back to low scoring opposition as if the cycle has been reset.

Message 466 of 2,542 (525 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

@D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS wrote:

Actually they don't go higher they work in cycles, the cycles vary with tournaments you would get high scoring opponents 10-14 then low scoring 15-24 then goes high again this cycle goes on forever no matter how high your streak. 

Message 467 of 2,542 (494 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My best scores so far this week

I'm kinda satisfied cause even if I adapted this strategy from someone else, I'm playing my own strategy this week Standard smile

oQ5tFLgM.jpg
fvURecGH.jpg
Message 468 of 2,542 (459 Views)

★★★★ Guide

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/5000-coins-plant-seed-no-longer-on-offer/m-p/7058311/h...
" I really don't think we will have "regular" Blover along with Chard Guard not nerfed together anymore..."
EA devs you are so easyyyy to predict Party hat

Message 469 of 2,542 (423 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Actually it's kinda weird how they nerfed Blover...

I don't know if it is a glitch or not.

Maybe chard+Blover could still be an option this week (but maybe they will remove it 2h after the beginning of the tournament again)

Message 470 of 2,542 (396 Views)