★★ Apprentice

My plants for the week F2P 

DDE8EC1F-49A7-4450-95F1-076412C73840.jpeg
DDE8EC1F-49A7-4450-95F1-076412C73840.jpeg
Message 451 of 2,542 (572 Views)

Re: Sharing your Battlez experiences

★★★★ Guide

Nice

But is it a game from yesterday or today ?
Cause yesterday Bowling Bulb was buffed but EA nerfed it after... (and nerfed the plant of the week too duh...)

Message 452 of 2,542 (566 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@BBnot8 wrote:

Nice

But is it a game from yesterday or today ?
Cause yesterday Bowling Bulb was buffed but EA nerfed it after... (and nerfed the plant of the week too duh...)

Yesterday I didn't play today yet will check it out later, getting tired of EA changing the plants halfway through the tournaments.

Message 453 of 2,542 (545 Views)

★★★ Guide

My optional setup till now, unlucky that Grave buster only at lv4.

Screenshot_20180919-190133.png
Message 454 of 2,542 (516 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@badbee34 Ya so unfortunatly it won't work anymore... 

EA logic

Message 455 of 2,542 (497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I called it!!!

Any company who does the unscrupulous tactics of BAIT & SWITCH... ALWAYS ends up also doing the NINJA EDIT tacatics as well. 

I don't mean to tell you all I told you so... but...

Well, I told you so! Standard smile

Message 456 of 2,542 (471 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Lmao

I changed a bit my strategy, instead of Lighning Reed, I'm using that good old primal peashooter, 2 on each column, with bloomerang and laser bean.
I think its effect may be a good combo with Spear-mint.
So far I'm doing around 1M, it's not that great but it's working OK.

Message 457 of 2,542 (462 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@BBnot8 wrote:

@badbee34 Ya so unfortunatly it won't work anymore... 

EA logic

Yeah I see that , kinda sucks not gonna go for a win this week , this scores that I am getting isn't worth it , going to save up and go big next week. This week I will just play on my android account without premium plants , currently leading the wood league on a streak of 40 . So easy compared to the Jade league the opponents only score 15k to 300k lol.

Message 458 of 2,542 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Has anyone else started to get consistently lower scores now than those being scored earlier on in the tournament?

I keep finding this week after week. For the first couple of days I will score well. Then my scores steadily decline.

My high score for this week is 4,889,890. I got it on Thursday evening and it was one of several 4 million plus scores.

Today (Friday) my best score has been 3,613,395. This is despite my main plant (Laser Bean) being elevated from level 12 at the start of the tournament to level 13 today.

In past weeks I've been able to mitigate the steadily declining scores by using differing load outs. I would play a few matches with one lineup, then change to another once my scores began to drop off. When I played with the altered lineup, my scores would climb again, only to decline after a few matches. I would then change back and my scores would return to normal until the cycle began again.

With this week's tournament there seems to be only one truly effective load out - Parsnip (Waste of a slot anyway, but even more so due to its family being nerfed) - Grave Buster (Which is only used to create a space for Bombard-Mint) - Bombard-Mint (To clear the gravestones) - Spear-Mint - and then imitated Laser Bean.

With no effective alternative, I've had to stick with the same lineup and watch as my scores get worse and worse.

I've come ever closer to losing matches, so I've made the decision to stop playing for the remainder of the tournament. (I now have both Parsnip and Shadow Peashooter maxed out, so taking a rest won't cause any problems on that front.)

These close run matches haven't been due to my opponents getting gradually better scores, but because MY scores keep falling. This is despite me using the same plants and the same planting routine for each match.

I'm now beginning to think that this is down to EA/Popcap altering the Zombie load-outs after a few days to make them more difficult to score on, and this is done to increase the likelihood of human players being defeated by the recorded scores from earlier in the week when it was easier to score.

I now keep getting periods of 5 to 15 seconds with hardly any zombies coming out towards the ends of matches. I've also had games with only a couple of zombies right at the start and the rest don't start to appear until after all the gravestones have gone. 

I was NOT getting that sort of thing earlier in the week.

Like I said, is anyone else finding this? 

Message 459 of 2,542 (415 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I honestly don't know, I did not play a lot of games this week ...
I may play a bit more this we to upgrade my SP (EA is so generous with us, 20 seeds max as rewards...yeah). But when I got lower score this week it was because I was not lucky at the beginning of the game.
And in the previous week, there was always a game from time to time were I scored less but not sure my scores decreased during the week.
Well it could be some "scale bias", since you are scoring big scores, it may be easier for you to notice that kind of pattern than for us with lower score.
I'll try to have a look next week (woohoo even if the plant of next week will probably be useless (almost as usual), I do have that one !) but I guess you may have more answer to your question on Reddit where there are other players doing big scores Standard smile

Message 460 of 2,542 (409 Views)