Re: Sharing your Battlez experiences

by Humplemann

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Kermo3 Thanks and congrats, my best score in 5 games so far is 730k, what are the levels of plants ?

@D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS Is reinforce mint a good member of your team ? I'm not totally satisfied by primal potatoes mines that often get hid behind some holly barrier 

Else I'm not a Jade player, too much gauntlets to get in it, I rather stay between Silver and Gold Angel

Why moonflower ? Because they can become the most efficient sun producing plant when surronding by other shadow plants (including other moonflowers) Standard smile
For example for this week, for the setup I do a "8" figure with moonflowers and I put dusklobber between (see pic) so each of the 7 moonflowers will produce 100 suns.
So 7*50 suns = 350 suns spent to get 7 plants producing 100 suns with moonflowers.
Compared to the 7*125 suns = 875 suns recquired to get 7 plants producing 100 suns with twin-sunflowers, it is easy to see why they are better Wink

Plus, they are doing a great combo with dusk lobber, which, (I quote from pvz wiki) "can be considered to be one of the most potent lobbed-shot plants,as the plant under the right condition (= next to one moonflower) is only second to Strawburst in terms of splash damage per second, while costing less than half of that of a  or a Strawburst." 

unnamed.jpg
Message 91 of 2,542 (4,454 Views)

★ Guide

@ BBnot8 

" Is reinforce mint a good member of your team ? "

Mine is at level 1 only, so you are only going to get about 2 shots with it per battlez (and that's assuming you don't sleep and forget to get the first shot in on time).

It has its uses and I'm still experimenting with it. So far it's a keeper for me.

Thanks for the breakdown on moonflower, I was planning to get into the math on that for a while though.

I'm not really sold on the use of Dusk Lobber here though. If you are going to go with a Blover strat, then there is no bonus in blowing away weakened units, over full health. So I don't see the point. I'd rather swap the lobber with a heavy-hitter, like my favourite (squash), or hell, even the Electric Blue-Berry. Or just stick with primal potato! lol

I will do more experimenting with the moonflowers though.

Message 92 of 2,542 (4,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@BBnot8 This time I wasn't so successful, only 600K

Screenshot_2018-06-21-07-46-31-edited.jpg
Message 93 of 2,542 (4,421 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This week I managed to gain up to 1,3 million points with the combo: Holly Barrier, Moonflower, Dusklobber, Blover, Grimrose and Reinforce Mint.

Moonflower is great as it generates a lot of sun and boost attack of other shadow plants such as Dusk Lobber and Grimrose.

Holly Barrier is Reinforce family so it’s great when is used with Blover and Reinforce Mint.

I will take screenshots next time.

Message 94 of 2,542 (4,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS wrote:

"I'm not really sold on the use of Dusk Lobber here though. If you are going to go with a Blover strat, then there is no bonus in blowing away weakened units, over full health. So I don't see the point. I'd rather swap the lobber with a heavy-hitter, like my favourite (squash), or hell, even the Electric Blue-Berry. Or just stick with primal potato! lol

@D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS - I don't know the level of your plants, but this shows what can be achieved while using the Dusk Lobber in tandem with the Chard Guard/Blover combination.

3.8 million.jpg

Needless to say I don't get that score each time (I wish!) but I do more often than not break the 3 million mark.

May I ask where you got the information that a weakened Zombie scores less points? I hadn't heard of that theory before and haven't seen any in game evidence to support it.

Blowing 'weakened' Zombies away is no different to killing them with repeated hits from any other type of plant. That way of thinking would seem to suggest that each time a Zombie is hit its score potential drops. If you take that theory to the extreme, unless a Zombie is killed with one hit it eventually becomes worthless by the time it's taken out

As far as I know, the only thing that makes the points score for individual Zombies go down is when they manage to get further on to the arena and enter the progressively lower scoring zones.

As for the Electric Blueberry - Mine is at Max level (My ONLY max level plant to date) but I never use it in Battlez. Okay, it IS as you say 'A big hitter', but it has major downsides. Its slow rate of fire is one. The fact that its strike is cancelled and the plant goes back to sleep if its selected target gets wiped out before it can take out the selected Zombie is another. When taken together it, in my opinion, makes it a non-Battlez plant.

Message 95 of 2,542 (4,400 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I may be wrong but I think he wanted to say that Dusk Lobber would weaken some zombies that then would be blow away by Blover.
So at some point Dusk Lobber (and others plants that are not one-shooting zombies) are doing damages that are useless, since weaken and non weaken zombies will give the same amount of point when blow away by Blover.

Message 96 of 2,542 (4,389 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BBnot8 and @D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS

I can see there may have been a bit of confusion here. However, the Dusk Lobbers will still kill Zombies that a Blover/Chard Guard or Blover/Primal Peashooter does not get and helps to prevent them being overwhelmed by sheer weight of numbers. They also do seem to make the Zombies slow down or stop momentarily when they are hit.

I would say that without the back up from my Dusk Lobbers my score would be reduced. The reason I say that is because the rate of scoring accelerates as I deploy more Lobbers as the match progresses.

After a minute of the match, my score is usually around the 300,000 mark and I may well be lagging behind my opponent. By that time I have around 8 Lobbers.

When there is one minute remaining I have around the 1 to 1.2 million mark with about 16 Lobbers, so I have scored about 700,000 to 900,000 in that second minute.

By the end of the match, with a score of around the 3 to 3.4 million mark I have 20 to 22 Lobbers, so I have scored about 1.8 to 2 million in the third minute.

It's pretty obvious that with the Blover/Chard Guard combination scoring rate being pretty constant throughout the match, the additional Lobbers are accelerating the scoring rate.

I do realize that more Zombies do, or should, be coming out as the match progresses, but that makes the back up from the Lobbers even more necessary. Like I said earlier, they help to prevent the Chard Guards being overrun.

Message 97 of 2,542 (4,382 Views)

Champion

I have had a few games last night and only manage about 400K. 

Guess I need to get more practice on timing the Blover and Holly Barrier combo to get higher score.

The mid level plants are doing better, I can break 1.5 mil easily but still no where near the score shown by @Humplemann 

IMG_3368.PNG
IMG_3366.PNG
Message 98 of 2,542 (4,381 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
My best score so far is 650,000 and my opponent scored 1.4 million using level 8 plants.
I can usually get around 400,000ish in an iron league match.
Message 99 of 2,542 (4,369 Views)

★ Guide

"So at some point Dusk Lobber (and others plants that are not one-shooting zombies) are doing damages that are useless, since weaken and non weaken zombies will give the same amount of point when blow away by Blover."

This is exactly what I was referring to. 

Message 100 of 2,542 (4,356 Views)