Re: Sharing your Battlez experiences

by D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS

Original Post

★ Guide

For some unknown reasons it seems that the matchmaking makes me play against player with lower plants this week, dunno if it is my imagination or not, well I'm not complaining about this.

It may be part of the draw, but I feel it's also algorithm based.

When your streak progresses, you get randomly assigned to compete with someone else who has also been doing well on the same streak. If your streak continues, it gets harder.

When your streak is broken, you get a BREAK, and paired against others on the lower rung again.

This does not mean you won't have some bad LUCK in getting another top player who just happened to break their streak also and needs to re-start to get up there too again.

Anyhow, this is my theory from my brief experience in observing how the ranking goes. It does crack me up how some people falsely believe that these contests are actually in realtime. LOL

Message 81 of 2,542 (3,270 Views)

★ Guide

On a side-note while the current contest is winding down...

I am surprised (almost) that no one is talking much about Calipower.

I always like to look at the end results of people who did superior to me with an unorthodox setup, and try to figure out what they did. So far, the only players I've come across that are consistently breaking the 1 million points mark all the time are ignoring anything to do with blover or guard, but doing the Calipower spam.

I know I"m going out on a limb here because I did not see the actual play to determine if they are spamming or not. But since I've seen many top players using not just one, but TWO separate Calipower items to the match, call it an educated guess!

Message 82 of 2,542 (3,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Caulipower is an excellent plant for Battles, this is because it can deal with tough gargantuars, not by killing them but by turning them into helping you to bash the high scoring point zombies towards the end.

Message 83 of 2,542 (3,240 Views)

★ Guide

It annoys me when companies like EA consistently have to make everything Pay-To-Win lol.

As if all the other payment gimmicks and ad-spam EA throws at me isn't enough, they have to throw this stuff into the works. Grrrrr!

That said, wish they would fix their own bugs when it comes to Gargantuars. I still can't unlock the achievement for killing him in Lost City. Even though I've completed the whole thing, and I even now just went back and killed him again. The damn achievement won't register.

Anyhow, looks like (crossing fingers) I will be making it into silver league, despite not biting more of the pay-to-win poison. Will see in a few hours.

Message 84 of 2,542 (3,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

An easier setup this week.
So far so good, I think I never had a score that high. Too bad I'm throwing the tournament this week Frown

Else, just wanting to put it here, made me laugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2uZ1XGI-1g
Large smile

IMG_9511.jpg
Message 85 of 2,542 (3,209 Views)

★ Guide

Nice score for just Day #1 BBnot Standard smile

My first game today I spammed the premium plant, and watched them all get eaten as I had no clue you needed to tap on them to do anything. Doh!

Kinda just like my first game in last week's Battlez was a disaster also. I spammed a bunch on the front line too and decided to sit back and see what happened.

Nothing happened! Aside from them all being eaten up. Then I lost to a newb. LOL!

Still pulled out a silver League promotion out of it. Wasn't sure if I'd get surpassed in the last couple hours or so.

IMG_0451.png

And here's some stuff I"ll never be able to use...

IMG_0452.png

Message 86 of 2,542 (3,201 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks @D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS
Maybe I was a bit lucky, I'll see with my other games.

Moonflower+dusk lobber is always a nice combo if you want to get lot of suns,.so you can really fill the place with your plants quickly.
Blover is 100% necesary this week.
Primal potatoe mine was not that interesting I think primal peashooter may be better.

I think a good late game setup would be mix of moonflower+dusklobber on columns 1,2,3 & 4, peashooter on 5 & 6 & holly bareer on 7.
Or put chard guard instead of peashooter if you master the combo with blover Wink

Message 87 of 2,542 (3,194 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Congrats @eieio_3131, your score is always impressive.

My best score in Aloe week is 409k and a few other vitories over 400k, a tough week for me as I earned approximately 500 crowns but only came in third place. Anyway I’m in Jade League now.

Cheers and Happy Battling!

E2A2C9E0-4AB7-4A6B-BDF0-0635D9EC4420.png
59035E3F-1BB0-4F0C-9BBF-2707AEE3E150.png
Message 88 of 2,542 (3,183 Views)

★ Pro

@BBnot8 wrote:

An easier setup this week.
So far so good, I think I never had a score that high. Too bad I'm throwing the tournament this week Frown

Else, just wanting to put it here, made me laugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2uZ1XGI-1g
Large smile

Thank you for the tip! I got score over million with same plants Standard smile

Message 89 of 2,542 (3,163 Views)

★ Guide

BBnot, I am curious why you and other Jade players seem to be such a fan of moonflowers lately. I tend to go with the Twin-Suns... always have, and assumed I always will. Seems to work out for a rookie like me at least. :P

That said, my favorite plant lately is Squash. In my fantasies, I would have a whole board full of squash. It is always my go-to plant, and I bring it 98% of the time on any board. I think it's one of the most under-rated plants. Note, I am not saying it's the BEST plant, just very under-rated. Works out very well for me.

Highlight of my morning...

squash.png

Let's see if I can do any better tomorrow.

Message 90 of 2,542 (3,144 Views)