Shadow-peashooter: The new EA cash cow ?

by BBnot8

Original Post

Re: The potential most powerful plant ever ?

★★★★★ Expert

Yes, extremely frustrating way to promote entertainment.  I decided to conserve my Gems and Gauntlets this week because of the changes and instead spend my time 'watching' free ads to collect hundreds of thousands of coins instead of trying to improve my ranking in BattleZ which does seem to be rigged after you reach a streak longer than 9.  I have been fortunate in Modern Day pinata trackers to collect many Shadow Peashooters seed packets.  Looking forward to seeing Shadow Peashooter seed packets back BattleZ next week.

Has anyone else not been able to collect FREE Gems and FREE Gauntlets once a day ?

Message 41 of 48 (637 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310 wrote:

After a public outrage, looks like EA is now decided to lay out the bait give SP seed packets in battlez again on next week's Battlez!  I have my fingers and toes crossed and hoping this is not being placed at the 13th streak!

Call me a cynic if you like, but I would bet that the promise of dedicated Shadow Peashooter rewards in next week's Battlez will end up as a disappointment for many players, even for those of us with long streaks. I really hope I'll be proved wrong in this, but past experience of EA's idea of what constitutes an adequate compensation package makes me doubtful. I can't bring myself to believe that the seed packets awarded will amount to much, and will be something like 10 packets each time. I also expect they will have wider spacing between them than the Plant Of The Week pinata rewards. (Maybe appearing next to the gauntlets rewards, so every 14 wins).

It's obvious that the real intention of EA's new approach to players acquiring a Premium plant 'For Free' is nothing of the sort. We only have to look at the proposed method for getting the free seed packets to see it won't work and what they REALLY want is for us to use gems to buy them at an exorbitant rate of exchange.

If things go as they have so far for me, the seed packets I get from the Pinata Party MIGHT total 6 each day. As for chasing Shadow Peashooter seed packets with the Pinata Tracker on Modern Day, I feel that I may as well not even bother.

Take today for instance. I have five Pinata Tracker slots. They give me 10 opportunities for receiving a specific seed packet. I used them twice today, so I had 20 opportunities. How many Shadow Peashooter seeds did I get from those 20 opportunities? - SEVEN! - A three and a four!

With the temporary inclusion of the Shadow Peashooter on Modern Day, there are 6 plants. This means that we have a 16.6% chance of getting seeds for a certain plant. It also means we have an 83.4% chance of NOT getting any. As far as I'm concerned, the 83.4% is winning hands down. After today's 'windfall', my total seed packets won through Pinata Parties and Pinata Trackers over four days has risen to the dizzying height of 37.

Another thing - What's the betting that next week's tournament will now prove to be the most brutal yet? I expect we will see the first implementation of the Bruisez effect where one plant family will be rendered useless. We may even get a situation where there is no family getting the benefit of Buffz.

As far as EA is concerned, I'm a definite 'Glass half empty' sort of guy.

Message 42 of 48 (625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive paid a lot in gems to get this plant and get it level 4 and it is a good plant. But what angers me is that it is another cash cow because you have to keep spending 25 gems just for 10 seed packets. EA promised there would be seed packets in Piñatas during battle mode but, despite having won a dozen or more modern day piñatas in battle mode there has not been 1 lousy pack of seeds. The same is true of the everyday piñatas in non battle mode, although I’ve managed to get about 9 this way in The last few days having focused on 6 modern day piñatas a day. It is clear that players are going to want this plant and to level up. But the only route to that is buying these darnn gems for 10 seed packets per 25 gems. To go up to level 5 now means that you would need 250 gems costing £19.99, and after that you are looking at £80 for level 6 and £160 for level 7. Thus is, without doubt, the most expensive plant in the game and not, I hope, a sign of things to come from ea. They have made a fortune from battleZ and progress seems to be rigged so that when you get to level 6 or 7 your normal strategy inexplicably fails and your score halves. They hope they can trap people into paying loads of gems to retain their winning streak, but from this point in you are in a trap that ends up costing g a lot of gems. The battles themselves cost 50p each and an average contest is £40-50 over the week. But this is not enough money for them. So obviously inspired by the likes of fortnite, ea thinks they can just keep on abusing people’s love for and loyalty to this game. Come on ea, do you have to be so greedy???  You make enough off us already but you just don’t stop pushing and pushing until you find the breaking point at which people will reject this game. But you’ve taken care of that too because it’s hard to ditch a game that you have put so much time effort.and money into

Message 43 of 48 (602 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The Pay-To-Win system existed way before Fortnite was created, like more than 10 year ago at last.
And it's actually totally different in Fortnite, players are paying for skins, not for better weapons, etc.

Fun fact, they are still ads saying we can have SP seeds in Battle Pinata even if they removed them less than 2 days after the tournament began.

Message 44 of 48 (575 Views)

★ Guide

> To go up to level 5 now means that you would need 250 gems costing £19.99, and after that you are looking at £80 for level 6 and £160 for level 7. Thus is, without doubt, the most expensive plant in the game and not, I hope, a sign of things to come from ea.

I KNEW this was what was going to happen behind the scenes. However, I am not upset at that. I think it's a Win-Win for both EA and the players. Everyone wins... people who still want to get suckered into F2P can have their fun, EA who is greedy to extract iTunes gift card purchases and credit card payments can also be happy...

What annoys me is the BAIT & SWITCH tactics EA used. As soon as they felt that players were getting the plant a little easier than the GRIND they had intentioned, they immediately did the old BAIT & SWITCH. I sense further NINJA EDITS may be on the horizon.

Message 45 of 48 (549 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Next time they will do an ad, they should write "seeds available in Battlez (but hurry up we may decide to remove them after 1 day and a half) Party hat

Message 46 of 48 (540 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Success.  I now have Shadow PeaShooter !!

Should I use Gems as EA desires in order to increase the levels ?

Message 47 of 48 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Lmao

That what I though

Thoses  Shadow Peashooters Pinatas in Battlez are like EA, a huge joke.

Last week, I had a streak around 80 and I got shadow peashooters seeds in a Modern Pinata, because yes, no matters what EA says, they were supposed to be in thoses pinatas in the first place, I have a screenshot of an in-game ad seeing it. (or EA really has some internal communication issues !)
So I got 60 SP seeds AMONG other seeds of Modern Days plants seeds.
Now I have a streak around 180 (so reward x2). And the Pinatas are just with shadow peashooters seeds.
So, in a normal logical and non shady game, I would have expect to have more seeds since there is only SP seeds and also because I have a higher streak.
Nope.
I only got 40 peashooters seeds.

Last week, streak around 80, with Modern Pinata = 60 shadow peashooters seeds + other seeds

This week, streak around 180, with Shadow Peashooter Pinata = 40 SP seeds

Keep with your nasty habits EA, and you will stay the dregs of video games industry Angel

Message 48 of 48 (511 Views)