Saving seed packets in the Almanac database

by lawmfw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Saving seed packets in the Almanac database

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Does anyone know how many seed packets cam be "saved" in the Almanac database before reaching a MAX value ?

Resources (coin, GEMs, Gauntlets, Mints) can be 2B but what about seed packets ?

Plants I have not yet bought have thousands of seed packets !

Message 1 of 8 (743 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Saving seed packets in the Almanac database

★★★★★ Expert

Correct.  There are so many plants to choose from that I would think there will always be a better option than picking a plant that is Bruised ??

I know many players love BLOVER  so perhaps that is the "exception" ?

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (675 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Now this is just a guess on my part, but I'd imagine that storage of seed packets remains open-ended/infinite for whenever/if ever something like, maybe, Mastery Mk2 comes along. (After all, it's just a case of altering numbers as opposed to there being something that grows while taking up physical space.)

In the period before Mastery was launched I knew I already had a great number of 'surplus' seeds for plants I had already maxed out for quite a while.

At that time there were many inquiries made concerning the surplus/wasted seeds and whether or not there would ever come a time where they would become useful to us.

When Mastery was first launched (November?) there were many cases where I had so many of the 'surplus' seed packets hoarded away that it led to me spending what seemed an inordinate amount of time incrementing the Mastery levels of many plants. While doing so I found there were sufficient 'surpluses' in several cases to take the relevant plants to around the M75 to M110 range.

If those 'surplus' seeds had not been retained in that way I would not have attained the existing Mastery levels on my plants. I'm therefore guessing that Popcap had always intended to bring in some other form of levelling that eventually manifested itself as Mastery.

Assuming there will be another form of levelling, any further 'surpluses' will be carried forward in the same way.

Message 2 of 8 (721 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Excellent.  Thanks for the explanation.  You took plants halfway thru Mastery !!  Wow.  That has to be over 100,000 seed packets.

I was hoping that the max number would be at least over 100,000 so that is very good to hear

Message 3 of 8 (712 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@lawmfw wrote:

Excellent.  Thanks for the explanation.  You took plants halfway thru Mastery !!  Wow.  That has to be over 100,000 seed packets.

I was hoping that the max number would be at least over 100,000 so that is very good to hear

Believe me it took one hell of a lot of grinding over the weeks and months of Battlez to achieve that. I've been aiming to get at least 1500 crowns each tournament. Once your plants get to competitive levels, winning becomes easier and the seed packets just keep rolling in. (Especially with the benefit of a ten times multiplier.)

As things stand now I have about 5 plants maxed out on Mastery. (Ones that have been plant of the week and loaded with Pinata rewards).

I also have several plants where I have no idea of how far they would reach in Mastery if I chose to upgrade them. This is because I'm now only levelling up plants that prove useful to me in Battlez. I don't see any point in levelling plants up just for the sake of it, and that saves on coins as well. Any plant at the old Max level is already plenty powerful enough for adventure mode, so there's no real point.

After the first flush of enthusiasm for upgrading everything when Mastery came out, I realized I was using up coins unnecessarily. That was when I adopted the 'Only upgrade if needed' policy.

I'm hoping my thoughts on the question of what happens to any further 'surplus' seeds proves correct. I've already got several hundred, maybe into the thousands, racked up on the M200 plants, so I'd hate for them to go to waste.

Message 4 of 8 (705 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I agree with you about Adventure Mode - mastery not needed at all - I still would like the option to 'dumb down' the plant levels to play Adventure Mode

Grinding...yeah, there are times it feels like grinding !!  Especially when I had to recover my streak and league status.

Now that I have reached x10 multiplier it is clear the advantage of seed collection by playing BattleZ; especially for World and Premium plants !!

(this week I have played the second 50 and just finished a x10 multiplier again and have already received over 3,000 seed packets for StrawBurst)

I also agree about choosing which plants to spend coins on to improve Mastery level (if at all)

So many plants (explosive plants and other instant usage plants) receive very little benefit from Mastery

Message 5 of 8 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@lawmfw wrote:

I agree with you about Adventure Mode - mastery not needed at all - I still would like the option to 'dumb down' the plant levels to play Adventure Mode

Grinding...yeah, there are times it feels like grinding !!  Especially when I had to recover my streak and league status.

Now that I have reached x10 multiplier it is clear the advantage of seed collection by playing BattleZ; especially for World and Premium plants !!

(this week I have played the second 50 and just finished a x10 multiplier again and have already received over 3,000 seed packets for StrawBurst)

I also agree about choosing which plants to spend coins on to improve Mastery level (if at all)

So many plants (explosive plants and other instant usage plants) receive very little benefit from Mastery.

I would say that Mastery only becomes beneficial with many plants (E.G. Explosives) during weeks when their particular families are Bruized or have been rendered ineffective.

I think I'm correct in saying that M100 nullifies Bruizing, while M200 will cancel out the 'non-effective' setting. 

Message 6 of 8 (686 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Correct.  There are so many plants to choose from that I would think there will always be a better option than picking a plant that is Bruised ??

I know many players love BLOVER  so perhaps that is the "exception" ?

Message 7 of 8 (676 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I completed last week's BattleZ on a down note when PVZ2 crashed and reset my streak.  At least it was Monday and I had spent the weekend grinding through my 7th x10 multiplier so I was just past 1520 for my streak when it was taken away.

Grapeshot was the POW last week and I was rewarded for my grinding with more than 16,000 seed packets.  I was already at M17 for Grapeshot so I chose to horde the seed packets until the week was over and then discover what my grinding had accomplished...cost me 714k coins to strengthen my Grapeshot today !!

M17 is now M150 in just one week.

The grinding also rewarded me with a few hundred SunFlower and Kernel Pult seed packets and I was hoping to continue adding to Kernel Pult since I still have almost 188 seeds packets to go to reach MAX.

I was looking forward to double mint week before Monday morning's tragedy and today I am even more disappointed since it is Shadow Peashooter week and I would have loved to do for Shadow Peashooter what I just did for Grapeshot but oh well, such is life.

Message 8 of 8 (607 Views)