Re: Restore Purchases Bug

by berghammerh

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Yep, I've had the restore 0 purchases nuisance for 2 months now, but since Thursday's new tournament and new content download, I can't enter the store at all.

Message 11 of 41 (1,095 Views)

★ Novice

This bug happened to me as well. Especially when playing in multi player mode.

EA promised to remove the  Bug, but didn 't do anything up to now. 

1. Try  to start the game offline, then connect to the Internet,  open the game, go back once again and then go to the store.

Then it will open.

Message 12 of 41 (1,012 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@traitor35 I'm having the same problem on an android phone. I made purchase twice thinking the problem was a glitch on my phone phone but now I'm charged twice. Please fix and provide me a refund on my second purchase.
Message 13 of 41 (945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Omg, that worked for me! At least once 😆

Message 14 of 41 (870 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@tfletche 

The restore purchases bug used to be a harmless, slightly annoying bug that lurks in the servers and reappers if reinstalling or updating and would eventually go away of it's own accord. 

It was doing that for years and EA never fixed it and now it's mutated into something nastier that NEEDS fixing.

I had the slightly annoying old version several times and am lucky enough to have avoided the nastier version.

Message 15 of 41 (865 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It has definitely become annoying!  The workaround takes a lot of time but I finally got one 100% reliable.  Normally, I cannot open the store or it gets spinning marigold of death.

This workaround works but it requires a 2nd dummy account that has cleared the practice level/intro with Dave.

1. Go back to select account screen

2. Temporarily pick the dummy (or 2nd) account

3. Open penny's pursuit.  At this point you either 1) get no message screen or 2) get a "restore purchases" prompt.  If "restore purchases" you are good to go, skip to step 5.  If you get nothing, go to step 4.

4. Close out the game while still logged into 2nd account, and restart.  Now go into penny's pursuit and you should get the "restore purchases" prompt.

5. Back up to the account screen and select main account, do NOT restart the game!

6. Open penny's pursuit on main account and make sure you get "restore purchases" again.

7. Now open the store!  You only get ONE shot to open the store so do all your browsing and daily purchasing.  If you try to open the store again you have to start the workaround all over.

Good luck I hope this works for others!

I do not have a workaround for the monthly new plant purchase yet.  The past 3 months, google/EA has taken my money but no content arrives due to the spinning marigold and force closing.  The only way is to go through EA customer support to get my seeds and verify with screenshots.  You would think that fixing the bug would save on support requests so there may be more complexity involved on this bug and the whole purchasing infrastructure than we know.

Message 16 of 41 (849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@tfletcheI am trying to follow your way of entering the store but got lost... xD what works for me is when the start up screen is loading (with the progress bar) and when its near the end of the progress bar, i turn my wifi off, then i enter my store. And i can buy whatever i want, with gems, coins of course (but not plants). And then get out of the store, turn on wifi and make sure the stuff you bought is save (via googleplay etc as those require internet). You can enter as many times you want in a day as long as you make sure to flick the wifi off~~~ I normally do mines when the content in the store changes (which is like 1am) after i got this spinning daisy of doom.

Message 17 of 41 (844 Views)

★ Novice

Me too. there doesnt seem to be a solution given.  i am going to cancel the purchases wih my credit card company

Message 18 of 41 (828 Views)

★★ Novice

I purchased 100 Hot Date seed packets for $9.99 and it just gave me a perpetual spinning dandelion. I closed the app, then reopened it and now it is stuck on a "restoring purchases" spinning dandelion. I am on an Android Note 8. I can prove my purchase. But these forums are confusing and I spent 30 minutes just trying to figure out how/where to ask for help. It wasn't always this weird and annoying. It has been a few years since I had to report a problem with you. My profile name is Chaser.

Screenshot_20210716-235532_Gmail.jpg
Message 19 of 41 (753 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DoubleKpex 

There are many other players in your situation,  i suggest you read some of those threads for answers.

Message 20 of 41 (750 Views)