[Resolved] PvZ2 failed to startup after update from 6.1.1 to 6.2.1

by eieio_31310

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[Resolved] PvZ2 failed to startup after update from 6.1.1 to 6.2.1

[ Edited ]
Champion

I updated my PvZ2 from version 6.1.1 to 6.2.1 earlier this morning and now it will not start up.

It keeps reporting:

Download Failed

No update available at this time, please try again later.

I do not want to lose years of progress, Gems and coins gained, what can I do, help please?

Ant

=== 20 July 2017 update ===

First of all, may I take this opportunity to thank EA for the speedy assistance. 

I did raised a case with EA’s technical help yesterday, reference 32149281, and my game is now back to normal.

For people who are still having similar issues, all I did was to to set my phone to airplane mode and done a full power cycle (that is full power off and restart) after that, when the game restarts it alerted me update is needed, I switched off the airplane mode and it did updated successful this time round.

Panic is over.  :-)

Ant

Message 5 of 44 (8,982 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PvZ2 failed to startup after update from 6.1.1 to 6.2.1

Community Manager (retired)

Hey,

I've merged all of your threads together as you seem to be running into the same issue. First of all I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by this problem, we can see that a lot of you have since managed to get back into the game and I'd like to confirm if that's the case for all of our players.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Roger. 

Roger.png

View in thread

Message 30 of 44 (8,449 Views)

All Replies

Plants vs zombies 2 won't launch

★★★ Newbie

Downloaded latest update to plants vs zombies 2 and it won't let me launch the game keeps saying no new update

Message 1 of 44 (8,654 Views)

Re: Plants vs zombies 2 won't launch

★★★ Newbie

Me too.  Very frustrating! 

Message 2 of 44 (8,617 Views)

Re: Wont launch after update

★★ Novice

I have the same problem after installing new update.

Did they help you with that yet?

Message 3 of 44 (8,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes very annoying. Says it wants to update, Apple says it DID update, then it says "no new updates available."

Message 4 of 44 (8,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

First Update with Problems and i play the game since the beginning... seems to me that the Update Server is not available?

I have so much progress in this game, i hope this will not be lost...

I am from Germany/EU maybe it is a EU Problem?

Message 6 of 44 (8,418 Views)

Champion

Me too. 

I had just completed the new missing level on Wild West (Level26) last night on version 6.1.1 and updated this morning to version 6.2.1 and now experienced the same issue as you have reported.

I could select the Almanac and then enter Ancient Egypt via there.  So can see my coins and gems are still present. 

I have opened a case with EA support team, lets hope this issue can be resolved in good time.

Ant

Message 7 of 44 (8,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie
No. I am in Brazil With exactly the same Problem. I Play since the beginning And its the first update With issues
Message 8 of 44 (8,378 Views)

Re: Wont launch after update

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. I did swipe and restart the game, same thing happens. I also started my device, didn't help. Can't play the game since the update. 

Message 9 of 44 (8,346 Views)

Re: PvZ2 failed to startup after update from 6.1.1 to 6.2.1

★★★★ Novice

Same. I even restarted my device. I wonder if it is platform specific. I'm on an iPhone 7 Plus. Others?

Message 10 of 44 (8,765 Views)