Reinforce-mint: worth it to upgrade ?

by BBnot8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Reinforce-mint: worth it to upgrade ?

★★★★ Guide

I was wondering, is it worth to upgrade reinforce-mint to a high level ?
(well OK we can't now)
For me, what makes this power-mint interesting is that it activates infi-nut and pea-nut plant food effects which can be really useful in Battlez.
So I'm not sure that upgrading it is that interesting compared to upgrading other power-mints with effects that really get better when upgraded (e.g. Bombardmint)

What are you thoughs on that ?
cc @Humplemann

Message 1 of 15 (1,560 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Reinforce-mint: worth it to upgrade ?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@BBnot8

I found I wasn't that impressed with Reinforce-Mint when it came out, but decided to use my available power mints to get it up to level eight right at the last minute before it disappeared. Since then I have not used it all that much. I tried it in combination with the Peanut during the first part of the Contain-Mint [EDIT - Snow Pea] week and it did okay, until the Kings/Magnet Shroom strategy took over. (I often lose track of which tournament was which after a couple of weeks.)

Bombard-Mint impressed me right from the start, so I took it to level 10 several days before its availability ended. It proved to be a game changer during the Escape-Root week. It was the perfect addition to my Primal Potato Mine/Tile Turnip/Dual Power Lily strategy, because I could use it to fill in during the period while I was waiting for the Power Lilies to become ready and let me unleash more fusilades of PPM's.

Now we can use Plant Food on Mints for an instant refresh, I would say that Bombard-Mint still has the edge.

Bear in mind that this is purely MY opinion, and is based on minimal usage of the Reinforce-Mint, compared to regular use of the Bombard-Mint.

View in thread

Message 8 of 15 (1,500 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
Reinforcemint is one of the good mints, if you look at the upgrade table on the fandom site you can judge for yourself the benefits against the massive mint cost of upgrading it to a high level. Stop eating your mints and save them.
Message 2 of 15 (1,550 Views)

★ Guide

You get so many mints from playing... why not do the upgrades (on everything?). I am not saying they are so amazing, it's just you only get an opportunity to upgrade your stuff once in a while in this category... so take advantage of it.

I hate stockpiling hundreds of mins around.

Message 3 of 15 (1,540 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Don't you mean thousands, this is the fandom reinforcemint upgrade table and it costs 4150 mints to buy and max it out.

Mine is currently L3 as i didn't have enough to get it to L4. If it comes round again i will take it to L4 or 7. I don't think it's worth maxing it out unless you're a MINTIONAIRE!

As with all pvz2 plants the upgrade curve is way to steep.

There will probably be about a total of 15 mints, some rubbish (filamint, containmint) and some worth getting like bombardmint, reinforcemint and shiny the new spearmint.

I'm going to balance the cost of buying and upgrading any new mint against the benefits.

I still think the mint system is deeply flawed and should be replaced by crowns👑 but I'm not running the universe yet.

VICTORY TO MEEEEE!!!!!!🇬🇧

Screenshot_2018-09-20-16-25-14.png
Message 4 of 15 (1,535 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BBnot8 wrote:

I was wondering, is it worth to upgrade reinforce-mint to a high level ?
(well OK we can't now)
For me, what makes this power-mint interesting is that it activates infi-nut and pea-nut plant food effects which can be really useful in Battlez.
So I'm not sure that upgrading it is that interesting compared to upgrading other power-mints with effects that really get better when upgraded (e.g. Bombardmint)

What are you thoughs on that ?
cc @Humplemann

I'm now of the opinion that we should do our best to fully upgrade all the mint plants if at all possible - including Fila-Mint. (Even at level 2 it's pretty good for the endless maps in Adventure mode.)

If/When Fila-Mint and Reinforce-Mint make a return, I intend to take both of them to level 10. (I have all the others at that level - even Contain-Mint.)

Now we can use Plant Food for an instant refresh on them, Mints have become a far better prospect, rather than the waste of a slot many of them used to be.

Some may never be THAT good in Battlez, even with the instant refresh. However, anyone without them at full power may have cause for regret if at some later date they're enhanced in some way.

Message 5 of 15 (1,528 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Well of course if you can upgrade all your power-mints, go for it, but if you have to choose between Bombardmint and Reinforcemint, which one would you upgrade @HumplemannStandard smile

Message 6 of 15 (1,512 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You can upgrade your mints until the cash cows 💰🐮🐄come home, just remember EA can change their properties at will and without notice as they just have done by nerfing reinforcemint.

I liked reinforcemint as it was, it could still have it's forcefield beaten down or overwhelmed and they didn't need to nerf it.

Reinforcemint still gets my vote🗳, despite it's changes.

Message 7 of 15 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@BBnot8

I found I wasn't that impressed with Reinforce-Mint when it came out, but decided to use my available power mints to get it up to level eight right at the last minute before it disappeared. Since then I have not used it all that much. I tried it in combination with the Peanut during the first part of the Contain-Mint [EDIT - Snow Pea] week and it did okay, until the Kings/Magnet Shroom strategy took over. (I often lose track of which tournament was which after a couple of weeks.)

Bombard-Mint impressed me right from the start, so I took it to level 10 several days before its availability ended. It proved to be a game changer during the Escape-Root week. It was the perfect addition to my Primal Potato Mine/Tile Turnip/Dual Power Lily strategy, because I could use it to fill in during the period while I was waiting for the Power Lilies to become ready and let me unleash more fusilades of PPM's.

Now we can use Plant Food on Mints for an instant refresh, I would say that Bombard-Mint still has the edge.

Bear in mind that this is purely MY opinion, and is based on minimal usage of the Reinforce-Mint, compared to regular use of the Bombard-Mint.

Message 8 of 15 (1,501 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:

You can upgrade your mints until the cash cows 💰🐮🐄come home, just remember EA can change their properties at will and without notice as they just have done by nerfing reinforcemint.

I liked reinforcemint as it was, it could still have it's forcefield beaten down or overwhelmed and they didn't need to nerf it.

Reinforcemint still gets my vote🗳, despite it's changes.

I haven't seen anything about Reinforce-Mint being nerfed. What have they done to it?

Message 9 of 15 (1,497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Humplemann Hum that is an interesting aspect I did not take into account.

Indeed you can use Bombardmint almost every week in Battlez, it will almost do a good job.

But Reinforce-mint would be more specific to some weeks (I don't see how you can really use it this week for example..) Or for strategies with low lvl plants ( @eieio_31310 seems to love it hehe Standard smile)
I guess if you have limited amount of mints, so far, the one you should upgrade first should be Bombardmint, then Spear-mint, then Reinforcemint.

Message 10 of 15 (1,481 Views)