Re: Record screen on iPhone 7 Plus while playing pvz 2

by xuanthuy47

Original Post

Record screen on iPhone 7 Plus while playing pvz 2

★★★★★ Novice

I am using my iPhone 7 Plus to play pvz 2. iOS Version is 12.4. I have been trying to record my phone screen to show the game to a friend. But, for some reason, every time I press the screen the recording zooms into the top left corner of the screen.

The game does this with every recording app I've used, and I do not have this issue with any other apps that I try to record - only PVZ.

Does anyone else run into this issue? Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 22 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I have the same problem with my 7Plus so I have stopped doing PVZ recordings.

IF I really want to do recordings, guess I can re-install the game to my older iphones (6s and 5s) as I think they still work albeit a bit hard to see due to screen size and often lags due to slower processor.  

I am not sure whether this issue with with Apple or EA/PopCap's Apps but really have no time to find out, maybe someone in the know can elucidate. 

Message 2 of 22 (692 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your answer. I have already asked both Apple and EA help. But they both said that the issue doesn't come from their apps. I am disappointed.

Message 3 of 22 (683 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

This is exactly what I have predicted.  Apple will tell you their IOS and hardware are working as expected while EA/PopCap will say there is no bug with their Apps.  So this is the reason I just stopped doing further recordings as I do not want to waste my time on being a tennis ball for Apple and EA.

Edit mistypes.

Message 4 of 22 (679 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have experienced  the exact feeling as you said. I have just  bought new phone for three days and frustrated by their answers.  I should stop asking for support and buy another phone 

Message 5 of 22 (668 Views)

Champion

@xuanthuy47 wrote:

I have experienced  the exact feeling as you said. I have just  bought new phone for three days and frustrated by their answers.  I should stop asking for support and buy another phone 

If changing to other phone is an option for you then I would suggest you to ask for trying the new phone out with the PVZ2 App first before making the decision.   Sadly, mine is on contract and will have to wait for many months to have this option....

Message 6 of 22 (664 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@xuanthuy47 I have an iPhone Xs, iOS 12.1.4 - no issues recording. Will be finally updating my software tonight... will let you know how screen recording goes after this.
Message 7 of 22 (644 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have already updated iOS 12.4.1, but the screen recorder still does not work correctly with pvz 2. Please let me know the result. Thank you!

Message 8 of 22 (632 Views)

Champion

I think it is screen resolution dependent, normal iphones shows no problem, it is the large screen (1920x1080) 7Plus shows this issue.  I think it is a compatibility issue between PVZ2 and 7Plus but neither EA nor Apple would offer helps to solve.  Disappointed 

Message 9 of 22 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@eieio_31310  Sorry missed the Max..
my iPhone Xs Max resolution is "2688‑by-1242‑pixel" and a normal Xs is "2436‑by-1125‑pixel" ... currently updating... zzz.

Poor iPhone 7S Plus. Wonder if iPhone 8S Plus will have the same issue seeing they also share the same res?

Message 10 of 22 (596 Views)