Re: PvZ2 crashed and streak lost

by PhilDunphy2k

Original Post

PvZ2 crashed and streak lost

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I recently had PvZ2 crash while I was playing Battlez and lost a streak I’d been building since November. I wasn’t even given the opportunity to pay gems to retain it.

Can an EA admin reset my account to what it was before it crashed?

thanks,

Phil Dunphy

Message 1 of 10 (1,607 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Regrettably no, EA says that they can't restore a streak and it happens to an awful lot of players (tap on me too, if it's happened to you), if you complain all you'll get out of them is some gem compo.

There was a small chance of you restoring it yourself but you would have to have acted immediately.

In the useful links thread there is Rackman70's guide to restoring a streak.

In the hints and tips thread i have put some ways of reducing the chances of streak loss.

I'm sure you'll agree that pvz2, with it's many flaws is a great game and losing your streak is the most annoying thing that can happen to a player and should be EA's number one priority on their list of things to fix.

It's happened to me nine times, my last one was 1860ish (sob) 😭

Message 2 of 10 (1,566 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the answer and the suggested remedies! If there’s a path out of this, I’m very much interested in learning how to do that if it ever happens again.

Your answer is very much appreciated! But EA’s approach here is very disappointing.

Very disappointing, but it’s happened to me only 2x so far (which is why they should have a remedy). But since this one spanned multiple months and was my best streak so far it does make me less inclined to ever buy anything from PvZ2 because there’s no insurance. If the EA admins don’t care about players feeling jaded, I wonder what they do care about.

Very very disappointing that EA doesn’t seem to care about the player experience. Seems like a straightforward thing to fix/manage.

thanks again for the answer,

Phil Dunphy

Message 3 of 10 (1,559 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

How long was your streak?

Message 4 of 10 (1,557 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Like 550 or something?

Message 5 of 10 (1,555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It was at least 559. See attached.

if you assume 3 minutes per win, that’s over 1600 minutes of play. That’s more than a day of someone’s life and a good deal of disciplined management of a gems budget on hand to always be able to retain it (which is supposed to the insurance) and they just don’t care.

Very disappointing.

584A5811-E433-4A6C-A73B-ACE68BC60A22.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, MAGICDAVESHROOM for pointing me to this link with a proposed remedy (but like you said, you have to act in the moment—which is a bit insane because you never know when PvZ2 might crash): 

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlantsVSZombies/comments/ar3c0b/lost_huge_streak_for_the_third_time/?utm_so...

I’ll try it, but I’m on an iPhone. Will it work? Has anyone tested that?

Message 7 of 10 (1,548 Views)

Champion

@PhilDunphy2k wrote:
....I wonder what they do care about.

$$$ 

Message 8 of 10 (1,544 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I think it does, I'm on android but i think the writer is on ios.

It is also possible to save your streak if you have two devices with pvz2 installed, again the key thing is to reinstall it BEFORE it can update the backups.

Message 9 of 10 (1,542 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

For Android you do not have to do an uninstall/re-install; just clear PvZ2 app Data and Cache via device Settings menu but do so ASAP !!!

Message 10 of 10 (1,527 Views)