Re: PvZ2 and heartbroken 7 year old kid on Valentine's Day :(

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

PvZ2 and heartbroken 7 year old kid on Valentine's Day :(

★★ Novice

Dear EA, 

I'm a 37 old gaming Father having a Origin account with nice amount of games on it, my wife also owns her own Origin and she owns every Sims with every addition that You ever released. 

My 7 yrs old son is ejoying his PvZ2 and PvZ on his mobile or i should say he was... 

Today accidentaly he restored his phone to factory settings and i'm afraid all months of his really hard efforts will be lost! Frown 

He purchased 4 plants from your store for his own money (through my google account).. 

Today's a valentine's day and he cannot stop crying.. sitting all alone in the dark room.. it's heartbraking, can anyone help us?

Regards

Sad Papa

Message 1 of 9 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Read my restoring a lost profile post, if it is an apple device then he may be able to sync it through the apple store, if it's an android device he might be able to sync it through google play.

If the worst comes to the worst then EA HELP CENTER (below) can restore a lost profile if he made a note of his player i.d. number. (Unlikely).

Read my "restoring a lost profile solution?" For step by step instructions.

Message 2 of 9 (679 Views)

★★ Novice

It is Android device, where can i find Your Restoring a lost profile post?

Message 3 of 9 (673 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

It's pinned to the top of the noticeboard, 4th one down, 1st post.

Message 4 of 9 (667 Views)

★★ Novice

Seems i made a mistake and entered a name into the new name and now it does not restore a thing :/ 

Message 5 of 9 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Tap on the white gamepad🎮 at the bottom right hand side of the screen and IF Google play has your data then the next screen that pops up should be from google asking you to select your account.

Select your account and IF it syncs then "tap to enter" should get a number after it. Go through the list and see if his profile is there. I presume he hasn't got his player i.d.?

The "tap to enter" is a new profile that starts from the very beginning.

Screenshot_2019-02-14-20-20-49-1.png
Message 6 of 9 (651 Views)

★★ Novice

I can kinda see what was the player ID on the purchases confirmation i got on my e-mail account. 

But im afraid that because i've entered other name after reinstalling the game i overwritten that save slot and now it only shows the newly created one. 

Additionally i cannot reclaim what we've purchased so i decided to create a support case, we'll see if we'll get anywhere with this. 

Thanx for help but it seems that it won't resolve my case :/ 

Message 7 of 9 (647 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Good luck with that.

When you reinstall pvz2 it installs a fresh version with a new player i.d.

If you could have synced it with your Google play account then you would have also got back your old player i.d. as well as your profile.

EE HELP CENTER has a habit of insisting on player i.d. numbers because it makes life a lot easier for them so you might have to be persistent.

Message 8 of 9 (638 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

clear the PvZ2 data and cache via your phone settings under APPS 

after reopening PvZ2 tap the Google Play icon in the lower right portion of the screen and it should recover all profiles that exist

good luck and I hope it works for you and your child

Message 9 of 9 (632 Views)