Due to your recent proposition to end/reset win streaks on PVZ Battles, I will be leaving the game. Other factors which contributed to my leaving:
1. EA's inability to detect or exclude cheaters using overpowered plants. I have sent 4 support tickets with screen shots, times, dates and player's names. I have used over 530 gems to maintain my win streak because of EA not living up to its TOS. While I get an initial reply to the ticket, I get no follow-up information or explanation of how it was resolved. When I check the support page, every one of my tickets has been closed, even though I was not contacted about its closing nor was I reimbursed for the gems I was made to lose, and the cheating/EA-Bots continue.
2. I suspect that EA does not have "live" competition between actual players. Often times i have paused the game and forgotten about it, only to resume the game hours later and complete it. This cannot happen in live play. There is also a strong trend for a player's win streak to end every 7-10 battles. When this happens it requires ten gems to resume the streak. Also, when I examine the plants of opponent, they are usually the same plants but of lesser levels which carry with them a high improbability of defeating their higher level counterparts. I have also had my win streak ended by opponents using plants at a very high mastery level (over 100.) Only one of my plants is at mastery level, which does not lead to an even or near even playing field. I played this game in good faith that I was playing against "live" human players, and not EA-Bots- (manufactured accounts made by EA for the purpose of unfairly rigging or tampering with your game to cause you to lose.) I question the legality of this technique, casinos have payout odds clearly posted, they simply can't plan to make you lose every 7-10 games, and in the same manner.
3. I believe that EA can certainly maintain our win streak, but they choose not too. They can maintain our gauntlets, gold count, plants and plants levels, but NOT our streaks? Not even compensate us for them?
In closing, I am going to investigate what the process is for filing a class action lawsuit against EA, if anyone is interested in joining me, please do.
Firstly you report cheaters on reddit (there's a link in the useful links thread), if you're lucky they will get sent to a special "compost league" where they can cheat against each other but you won't get any compensation.
EA help center are fairly useless.
Secondly there is no live competition between players, for the first couple of days you are playing against an algorithm then for the rest of the week against other players match recordings.
EA consistently deny the existence of the streak killing bots even though there is plenty of empirical evidence to support their existence.
I too don't believe that EA can't retrieve lost streak data and i have lost 14 streaks ranging from 3 to 1,860 for no apparent reason.
If you complain they do have a sliding scale of compensation but it is derisory compared to the potential rewards you lose.
I know this is the official forum but you can generally get a response on reddit👽 as EA employs a full time dev (Haemophilus) to answer our questions.
She dropped the bombshell about everyone losing their streaks at the end of the month and has been off for family reasons since then.
It is unlikely that anyone from EA, or more importantly someone from EA with authority will read your post.
I, like you, used to believe that i was competing against real people and now i know differently.
Good luck! 👍
April - last edited April
I answer your 3 points purely form my own observation.
1. The biggest chEAter is bold and staring at us. We were told at the early stage that any cheater got reported, they will get a preferential treatment to play in their own league. We were told that Bots are not there to kill your streak but to help maintain the game flow….
2. The game is a PvP emulation at best and rigged at worst.
3. I can accept that they set the rule not to offer streak recovery but the compensation should have been more in line with the lost (in time and effort) from the player.