Problems with forum pics etc.

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

Problems with forum pics etc.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Screenshot_2019-05-22-09-53-36.pngScreenshot_2019-05-22-09-52-53.pngI've been having problems with seeing pictures/ screenshots for a while.

Not just pictures but things such as coloured lettering and letters with lines through them.

They come up perfectly in the preview or edit modes but not in the final published version.

I sometimes can't see other players posted pics except when i get a notification by gmail and the picture is on the email, i go to the forum and there's no image there.

I've already reported it twice to EA help, and they didn't even acknowledge my email.

This also happens in the private message system, sometimes a picture is there but disappears after being seen once, most of the time there is no picture.

Here are a couple of examples from "sightings of Xarxee"

In the first screenshot i can't see an image of Xarxee in Washington or Xarxee in John Travolta's disco suit (my post), but if i go into edit mode i can see the pic.

I'm using an Lg v30 on android 8.0 and i have also got the same problem on my windows 10 laptop, I clicked on the emailed link which took me to EA_David's post (with pic), but i had to sign in and once i signed in the pic had vanished

EDIT; in the published version i can't see any screenshots.

Message 1 of 5 (485 Views)

Re: Problems with forum pics etc.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

How long has this gone on for ?

Recently, the past few weeks, I have noticed that EA Forum is now 'scanning' images for viruses before uploading...redundant in my eyes but at least there is security conscious somewhere within EA.  At times I have difficulty uploading an image but if persistent I am eventually successful as seen on the Forum itself by those that can see anyway).

Kinda funny to be more concerned about a public forum than protecting paying customer's data/resources/progress !!  From my perspective anyway !!!!

@EA_Blueberry

Message 2 of 5 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The odd things happening with underlining, coloured letters etc. For about 6 months and the thing with the pics about the same time as they started virus scanning.

I forgot to mention that the screenshot i upload isn't always the one that appears in my post, in some instances it's actually another players.

Message 3 of 5 (458 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

What i see and what i posted...Screenshot_2019-05-22-16-32-52.pngScreenshot_2019-05-22-16-33-11.png

Message 4 of 5 (455 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have also seen another image posted where mine was suppose to be placed but only the first time I created...if I go to Edit and then resubmit the proper image is now presented !

Really weird system behaviour !!

Message 5 of 5 (450 Views)