Problem with Restore Purchases

by elohomsi

Original Post

Problem with Restore Purchases

★★★ Newbie

Locked out of Pvz2 store by recurring Restore Purchases messages whereas I am NOT missing purchases. This occurred after upgrading to iOS14.1.When restore purchases is clicked the app crashes after trying to restore for a while. Endless loop and NO ACCESS to purchase anything, EA is losing out. EA needs to either make restore purchases optional (not automatic) or produce an update to fix the issue. If no answer, I am done with this game. A shame because I love this game. Please help!!!

Message 1 of 26 (6,955 Views)

Re: Problem with Restore Purchases

★★★★★ Expert

@elohomsi The restore purchases bug is a long term bug that lurks in the servers and appears after reinstallation or updating.

It doesn't normally cause crashes, it's generally just mildly irritating and eventually goes away by itself until the next time the game gets reinstalled or updated.

🐛🦠🐛🦠🐛

Message 2 of 26 (6,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, but now it is causing a crash (the app disappears after restopring purchases for a while and never completes. So there is no way out and won't go away. Anytime I go to the store to buy the macadamia nut, I get it, so no way to buy. Time for EA to fix or lose revenue.

Message 3 of 26 (6,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anyway to talk to a support person and get a solution to the crash after hitting restore purchases? I have a lot of money invested in this game.

Message 4 of 26 (6,828 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@elohomsi If you tap on HELP at the bottom of the page you can contact EA HELP CENTER by email but there are limited options, there's no livechat or anything.

We think EA HELP is an indian call center operation so there's no real technical support on hand.

About the only thing you can do is to make out a bug report, they just kick those upstairs and you won't get any kind of response.

Message 5 of 26 (6,824 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What is “eventually”?  I’ve had the bug for more than a week.  

Message 6 of 26 (6,812 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@tueeyes 

There's no set time, it normally just stops by itself.

Message 7 of 26 (6,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same issue exactly. I have yet found a way to get by he crash. Purchases have been restored but will not let you past

Message 8 of 26 (6,691 Views)

★★ Novice

How did you manage that? Standard smile

My problem is kinda the same as everyone elses.

After IOS14 is went to s*it. Can’t access the shoppingcart to spend either gems or real cash.

When I saw the update file I thought it would fix the bug but nah, no such luck. I did manage to access Penny fir one game tho. Then it crashed again.

I’ve re-installed the game, tried to out wait the Restoring Purchases part. But no luck. Still as broken as it has been for a month and a half

D2C95A6D-AA3A-4917-8E5B-2E16D0ECD848.png
Message 9 of 26 (6,642 Views)

Champion

@Smuttbeers   Could you try putting your phone to Flight Mode so that both the WiFi and internet data are disabled at this point please? hopefully this stops the Restoring Purchase routine and let you move on to the other options. 

Once this is done,turn off the Flight mode and you should be able access other parts of the game. 

Hope this helps and please let us know how you get on.

Message 10 of 26 (6,640 Views)