Potato mine spammers in arena

by parstringer

Original Post

Potato mine spammers in arena

★★ Guide

Yo, anyone else just hate fighting against that one brain dead player racking up free points just by spamming mines? It’s even worse when it’s a boosterama event. I think they need to prohibit mines being planted in the setting up stage before the match, it’s way too op and a low skill cap way of gaining points, I lose many arena matches unfairly because of this.

Message 1 of 9 (616 Views)

Re: Potato mine spammers in arena

★★★ Guide

I don’t do it but curious, how is it unfair? No shame in blowing some sh!t up

Message 2 of 9 (607 Views)

★★ Guide
@Pvz2Rudy Potato mines especially their primal counterparts will heavily damage enemies. When in tight groups, they deal even more damage in the surrounding area and low skill cap players will tend to place them all in the front of the lawn in the preround. It’s just an easy way of racking up points without much thought out put into it. I myself never use this strategy as I see at as scummy and tend to use the blover-primal peashooter combo. Lastly as mentioned before, it becomes even worse in boosterama because the mines will be able to multiply even more of themselves on the field.
Message 3 of 9 (601 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It doesn't really bother me to be fair...i have tried this strat before but realise it actually doesn't really give high scores. Even when explosive plants are boosted, that doesn't guarantee a high score with this strat. Besides, the mines take quite some time to charge so unless your opponents have some mastery potato mines, i don't really see a problem why they should be banned.

Message 4 of 9 (598 Views)

Champion

@parstringer wrote:

.....I lose many arena matches unfairly because of this.

May I ask what plants do you use and how do you expect other players to play?

Message 5 of 9 (594 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just played a potato mine, double primal potato mine And bombard-mint game. I got 2.8 million. My strat I’ve been playing this boosted I’ve been getting over 6 million. 

*shrug*

Message 6 of 9 (569 Views)

★★ Guide
@eieio_31310 This boosterama event I have been using the primal peashooter-blover-reinforcemint strategy. Hits 1.5 mil.

I have no expectations for the way other people play. All I am saying is in the preround when you plan your strategy before you begin the game, potato mines should not allowed to be planted as this causes the spam. There’s a reason why certain plants such as squash are not allowed to be planted in the preround for this reason.

Lastly, the potato mine strat is a brain dead way of racking up points, no matter what classes are either buffed or nerfed during the event. It’s annoying that you as the player basically have the power of ten or more cherry mines all on the lawn at once to farm point easily; it’s way too easy for a competitive mode like arena and very op.
Message 7 of 9 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@parstringer I can tell you that blover primal peashooter is not the best way in boosterama~ its good if its pre- boosterama. So maybe shrugs.. you just need to change your strategy for boosterama? Boosterama is meant to be braindead and easy to win. Most of us are using imp pear and all you have got to do is put down imp pear one after another. No brain cells required.
Message 8 of 9 (535 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@parstringer   When potato mine costs a certain amount of suns to use, it is down to the player to decide whether this strategy is well used on the limited amount of suns given.   When potato mine reaches a high level and becomes 0 sun cost, it is indeed being greyed out thus preventing it from being pre-planted.

Your Blover + knock back strategy might work well but similarly so does an explosive + shrinking/transformation strategy.  

Please do remember the game is designed for players to use their chosen plants with their strategy, in boosterama, it is actually better to NOT pre-plant the potato mines as dropping it onto the arena during live game play make more sense on sun economy.  The game cannot be won always with high power or even maxed out mastery plants, the correct selection, correct usage and correct timing and plant placement (aka strategy) also plays a big part.  

Message 9 of 9 (534 Views)