Re: Player name, Coins, Gems, Sprouts and Gauntlets gone

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Player name, Coins, Gems, Sprouts and Gauntlets gone

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

When I launched PvZ2 today, my player name is blank and I can’t select it. And when I click play, all my coins, gems, sprouts and gauntlets had a count of zero!

My daily Events progress has been wiped. 

My Zen garden has also blanked out. 
But ... 

My Adventure progress is retained. 
My plants are still leveled up. 
My Pennys Pursuit status is retained. 

Anyone else have this issue?

Is there an EA server issue right now?

Any advice?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 29 (996 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

For those following along ...

This is all fixed for me now.

I have not heard back from EA as yet - but they have clearly rectified the situation for me.

View in thread

Message 22 of 29 (1,241 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@LandLordSnr  a few other players have reported missing resources, the best thing you can do is tap HELP at the bottom of the page and make out a missing content report.

You will need your player id number and helpful screenshots.

You could try this first, If you signed up to EA's email registration scheme you could try downloading a backup version, they send you a unique code to your email address which restores your account,  assuming it isn't corrupted.

Message 2 of 29 (991 Views)

★ Apprentice

How do i download that?

Message 3 of 29 (981 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Alitjeeeeeee 

IF you signed up for EA's email registration scheme (they gave you 100 gems) you tap the cloud icon on the loading screen and enter your email address (making sure there isn't a space after it) and they send a code to your email address,  you enter it and your gamedata is downloaded and your account should be restored.

It doesn't take long and it's a lot quicker than making a missing content report.

Message 4 of 29 (974 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MAGICDAVESHROOM I cant fill in my email because im already registered.
Message 5 of 29 (969 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Alitjeeeeeee 

If you're already registered then you follow the prompts to get them to send you the code to your email address. 

It's been a long while since i looked at that and the servers are probably down (again) because i don't have access to the cloud at present to check.

Message 6 of 29 (940 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

@Alitjeeeeeee 

Now the servers are back i can tell you to tap the cloud, tap register email, fill in the email you gave them and they should send a unique code to your email address which will restore your gamedata from their backups.

If that doesn't work then tap help at the bottom of the page and fill out a missing content report which might take a few days for them to sort out as they probably have quite a few players with similar problems.

Screenshot_2020-10-23-09-54-07.png
Message 7 of 29 (909 Views)

Champion

I have seen a few more posts on this bug from the sub reddit site and I fear the problem might be data issue from the server side as it is common so can affect a number of players. 

(maybe we should ask for the geographic location all players experiencing this issue and see if there is any connections)

Message 8 of 29 (903 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks MAGICDAVESHROOM and eieio_31310,

I logged it as an issue with EA and got this response:
"You've mentioned that you lost the game progress. This should not have happened. Please be assured, I will try to provide you the best assistance.

I like to inform you that we're facing some technical difficulty with our game tools. Please contact us back after sometime. We will be happy to help you."

AND ... after getting this message I opened PvZ2 again, and now the ENTIRE GAME HAS BEEN RESET. So I have lost absolutely ALL of my progress!

So, it looks like the EA helpdesk person tried to restore my progress BUT reset my account instead!

I'm in Australia if that helps the the geographic location theory.

I figure all I can do now is wait for them to hopefully fix it.

No good!

Message 9 of 29 (893 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@LandLordSnr 

You could try recovering your account by EA's email registration scheme, if there's an uncorrupted backup in the servers you might get lucky, otherwise it's back to EA HELP.

Having done something to your account they will now assume that it's been fixed so they will probably close your case unless you tell them otherwise.

Message 10 of 29 (894 Views)