Re: Plants vs Zombies 2 ideas and suggestion

by TZGamerXtra

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

A suggestion for power mint plants

(all the credits go to @Humplemann & @MAGICDAVESHROOM as they mention it in another topic)

So far, we only have fila-mint, and probably soon reinforcement-mint.
The issues with fila-mint are that it takes ages to recharge (60s at level 10!) making it totally useless in Battlez, since it takes the spot of another plant & can be use only twice, and not really interesting in Adventure mode.
In the end, I'm not sure that many players are really using it, which is a shame since it was supposed to a novelty that would change a bit the gameplay.

Likely, reinforcement-mint will probably be useless in Battlez for the same reasons.

So, why not changing the way of using power mint plants ?

Instead of choosing them with our other regular plants, we could have one extra slot just for power mint plants.
So, you would not waste a spot, and people would actually use them in Adventure mode and in Battlez.
Further more, it would add another layer of tactic to the gameplay. If you have just one spot for power mint plants, you would have to think carefully, which power mint is the best for one level ? Which power mint is the best for your Battlez match ? etc. 

Message 31 of 86 (1,885 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I think it’s a GREAT idea! And you are totally right!
I hope they add your idea to the game.

1 XP
Message 32 of 86 (1,854 Views)

★★★★ Guide
The idea is not from me but thanks ! Wink
I think it would be also good for Battlez mode in general. If power mint plants are not that good (well I think that reinforcement mint is better than fila but I don't know how good it can be in Battlez), there will be probably less players playing hard to get mint to improve power mint plants.
So less players in Battlez
-> less gems used for gauntlets
-> less money used for gems & less ads watched for gauntlets/gems
->So finally less money for EA.

In the end imo, having an extra slot for power mint plants would be better for the gameplay in general, for players, for Battlez mode but also for EA.
Message 33 of 86 (1,784 Views)

★★ Novice

I have an idea about Plants vs Zombies 2: I think it must be weekly event like pvz heroes. In a week we must do some quests and if we can be succesful in this week we must get a plant. It is a special plant. For example a new plant like haunted pumpking in a trawel log and you must do it:

-Kill 50.000 zombies in battlez this week.

-Collect 500 seed packets this week. 

-Freeze 200 zombies (etc.)

Message 34 of 86 (1,762 Views)

★★ Novice
I have been enjoying Battlez for a while and have a suggestion. Developing a strategy costs the gauntlets played during development. This means that once I think that I have something that works I continue using it throughout the week.

It would be exceptional if there were a training area where one could play the week's challenge without costing gauntlets or receiving points. This would encourage people like me to try odd strategies instead of staying with something safe, and would encourage innovation.

george
Message 35 of 86 (1,534 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I really don't think EA would implement it unfortunaltly, they would prefer that you use few gauntlets to try and retry ($$) instead of doing it for free.

Message 36 of 86 (1,528 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Isn’ It Great they added ALOE back?

I think it is...

Message 37 of 86 (1,520 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a suggestion. I really appreciate the play it again button under your selection of plants that allows you to automatically pick the same plants you played with last. However, there is no play it again button in endless mode where you would need it the most. also, the play it again button in battlez should be separate from the play it again button in adventure mode. By pushing the button in battlez, you would get the plants you last played battlez with, and by pushing the button in adventure, you would get the plants you last used in adventure and by pushing the button in an endless mode you would automatically get the plants you last played an endless level with. More people would play endless if we had that, especially since they took away the gem drops. 

Message 38 of 86 (1,228 Views)

Champion

@pauleneroark wrote:

I have a suggestion. I really appreciate the play it again button under your selection of plants that allows you to automatically pick the same plants you played with last. However, there is no play it again button in endless mode where you would need it the most. also, the play it again button in battlez should be separate from the play it again button in adventure mode. By pushing the button in battlez, you would get the plants you last played battlez with, and by pushing the button in adventure, you would get the plants you last used in adventure and by pushing the button in an endless mode you would automatically get the plants you last played an endless level with. More people would play endless if we had that, especially since they took away the gem drops. 

I like your idea.  A lot.

Let's hope EA is watch/reading this post.

Message 39 of 86 (1,213 Views)

★ Pro

Very good idea! I was also missing that button Standard smile

Message 40 of 86 (1,212 Views)