Plants vs Zombies 2 Android all progress wiped

by gir61158

Original Post

Plants vs Zombies 2 Android all progress wiped

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing PVZ2 on my Android tablet with no problems. However, yesterday when I started it up, it asked me to type in my user name. I did so and then iit took me straight to the beginning of the game i.e. the tutorial.

I played it through, thinking it may just be an error and I could return tp the main menu to select world etc.

It didn't thoygh, it has wiped everything - I had unlocked all worlds an earned some of the 'extra' plants with gems. It's all gone.

The only thing that gives me any hope that I might recover it is that all my acheivements (including the ice ones that I had just unlocked) have been saved through google games.

I haven't had any other problems previously with the game or the tablet, except for the 'looping' infinite levels, which I found the owrk around for. That hasn't happened for a fortnight, though.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 14 (2,180 Views)

Re: Plants vs Zombies 2 Android all progress wiped

★★★ Newbie

Yerp, all that happened with me... I am a sad panda now! I played every day since it was debuted! and now... alll gone 

Message 2 of 14 (2,147 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here android device the ne update the third of may 2015.

Beng everything gone 400000 coins lots of plants bought with diamonds.

Have been doing a pinata level every day for as long as the pinata thing existed ... waiting for the next world!

copied the com.ea.game.pvz2_row map from the android device in the hope of retreiving my work.

EA correct this!!!

You can't just wipe sold goods even if it is bought with diamonds won in the game!

EA you are stealing from the players/customers  who spend money on your game, stop stealing!

correct this i expect my purchases back.

Be Hero's and protect your customers, test your updates before you rob the players of their money.

Message 3 of 14 (2,074 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA robbed me of 400000 coins which in their plant vs zombies shop has a value of €200 euro.

And i bought 6 plants with 1000 diamonds which were also gone.

After the 3 may update as i posted before all my progress was gone.

please please EA reinstate my deepee account with the money you took from me.

very very very sad customer.

Message 4 of 14 (2,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
You're not the only one that just recently lost all the progress. Been playing this game since it launched on Android and everything I purchased with gems are ALL gone. Google+ does not keep track on progress, but only achievements and leaderboards. I need you guys to figure how to safeguard our progresses we had over a year. I'm just overwhelmed to see this happen like playing older games that tend to have data profiles corrupted.

Clash of Clans, Angry Birds, and Puzzles & Dragons were good games, but it doesn't beat Plants vs. Zombies 2 being my all-time favorite on Android. I'd like my profile restored or safeguarded as soon as possible.
Message 5 of 14 (2,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA did help me they coudn't restore my progress but the gave me my money and diamonds back.

So im am up for the challenge to start from the beginning and work my way trhough the worlds again.

Already on the western level so i am getting there again.

so thanks Carzy Dave and friends the joy of playing your game is partly restored.

bit less sad now

Message 6 of 14 (2,012 Views)

★★★ Newbie

klotea, what happend to the costumes you got during the events?  Like anniversaries, christmas, etc etc.

I too lost my progress just this morning and sent them an email.  I'm really upset right now.

I don't mind starting from scratch as long as the stuff I worked for doing pinatas and stuff (costumes) can be restored.

Message 7 of 14 (1,999 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I lost everything to how can I get it back I really like this game

Message 8 of 14 (1,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This just happened to me too.  I just purchased the Imitater with gems and suddenly everything is gone, on both my tablet and my phone.  I have 52 or 57 achievements on google play games so clearly I was syncing.  It's all gone.  I've played since the beginning!  HELP

Message 9 of 14 (1,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How did you contact them to get this problem resolved? This just happened to me :(

Message 10 of 14 (1,616 Views)