Original Post

Plants vs Z 2 lost all content

★ Novice

Force Sync erases all progress

Message 1 of 32 (1,373 Views)

Re: Plants vs Z 2 lost all content

Champion

This is frightening to know.

I do Force Sync on my device from time to time after international travel but if this is true, then a big thank you for the heads up.

(I do not want to temp fate until this is confirmed)

Message 2 of 32 (1,351 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have also forced sync several times though.... but if one is not registered to an account or it had just not signed into your account and you force sync, i guess it will erase the progress....i noticed sometimes when i click the cloud button, the 100 gems tick register is not there and then i will have to sign in again with my account. But i guess if its one of those times then it will cause progress to be erased?

Message 3 of 32 (1,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Perfume-shroom92   I suspect this is possible if there has been an issue on the server. 

Let's say the data on your account was corrupted on a local server and it is being read by the system as blank with defaults values, and if you were unlucky enough to force your device to sync to that data then your account will be reverted back to as a new player.  Now when the local server sync to the master server next time, it too would update the master server with this latest data so your account will appear to be up-to-date. 

However, as with all reputable companies, backups should be available and if you can provide your player ID to the advisors in the Help Center, in theory, your account data should be able to be restored manually.  

The big problem is, many advisors are overloaded with missing content claims, this more labour intensive work will be delayed at best and forgotten or refused at worst. 

Message 4 of 32 (1,320 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@eieio_31310 

However, as with all reputable companies, backups should be available and if you can provide your player ID to the advisors in the Help Center, in theory, your account data should be able to be restored manually.  

The big problem is, many advisors are overloaded with missing content claims, this more labour intensive work will be delayed at best and forgotten or refused at worst.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

Message 5 of 32 (1,310 Views)

★ Apprentice

I experienced this issue last week and was hoping that EA will solve it. I gave them my original ID and they replied saying that they cannot retrieve it. I don't understand why. I was able to restore 1 purchase luckily but everything else simply gone. I just don't know what to do now and I have been in constant contact with EA help this entire week. Kinda sucks since it's my father who has been playing Pvz2 since 2014 and had multiple maxed profiles with all costumes, upgraded plants, and whatnot. The strange thing is that although everything is lost the game still has the 6 profiles which are all numbered rather than having their original names and the arena rank has been maintained. They are offering compensation but what's your advice for this situation. 

Message 6 of 32 (1,233 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Republic_Trust 

There have also been server issues so if your father's data was on a burnt out server it might be gone for good.

They keep saying that as long as the original player id is provided then an account can be restored.

I think you should get back to them because it's simply not acceptable and ask them to provide you with a reason why they can't do what they're supposed to be able to do, don't take the compensation and if they are still useless then i can ask a dev called Haemophilus who posts on reddit to get in touch with the right person.

They seem to be overwhelmed by lost accounts at the moment, but that's no excuse for poor service.

Message 7 of 32 (1,226 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree with you and I also acknowledged the burden they were facing with this recent issue when I was in contact with them.

this was their previous email quote;

"We can realize how unpleasant the situation could be at your end. As your father loves the game and used to play daily for his relaxation. If I would be at your place then I would have felt the same. But please believe us have tried all the possible ways to restore the lost game progress and sadly we're unable to do so.
We never want our players to face any inconvenience however sometimes we are bound or held back by the unavailability of the options on our end.
Hope you can understand our limitations here."

This is the second time they are offering compensation and its not good at all. I have been quite professional with them through email conversations but not once have they tried to explain the problem.

I don't think they will budge whatsoever and I cannot thank you enough for giving a possible option of sending a word to Haemophilus. 

Message 8 of 32 (1,210 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am facing the same problem as you. H tv eh have offered compensation but until now my profile has not been updated. EA help has replied that the team is working on the solution but it seems now that they have closed issue and considered it ‘resolved’ .

I am on the fence on whether I should wait for them to update me with the solution or to continue playing at very low levels. I doubt they will get my progress back or even compensate me. Losing hope fast. 

has anyone been compensated yet ?? 

Message 9 of 32 (1,169 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@nt65t4vr5vha 

Do you have the correct player id number for your lost profile?

Message 10 of 32 (1,158 Views)