Plant levels in Battlez

by Fullflexed

Original Post

Plant levels in Battlez

★★★ Newbie

When watching peoples Battlez strategies om youtube I can see that they can use leveled up plants when playing Vs Battlez (ie they get the benefits of leveled up plants like lower sun cost or shorter recharge time) but when I’m playing I don’t get these benefits (the plant level shows but otherwise they function like level 1 plants).

Does this differ betweem regions? (I’m in Sweden) or is something wrong on my end?

thanks,

Mattias

Message 1 of 18 (540 Views)

Re: Plant levels in Battlez

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Fullflexed

May I ask what levels your plants are at? It's just that a plant at, say, level 3 or 4 may not seem to perform that much better in Battlez than a level one plant. Bear in mind that the Zombies in Battlez are a lot tougher and meaner than those you encounter while playing Adventure maps.

If your plants are more like level 5 or 6, yet seem to still perform like level one plants, then it could well be that something is wrong.

All I can suggest is that you contact EA direct and set up a live chat to discuss the matter one on one with someone who can, hopefully, help you out.

Message 2 of 18 (530 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Humplemann wrote:

@Fullflexed

All I can suggest is that you contact EA direct and set up a live chat.

I have spoken to an EA community manager who thinks that livechat is only an option for contact with pc 💻 users so mobile phone📱 users such as ourselves have to use the email ✉ option.

VICTORY TO MEEEEE!!!!!🇬🇧

Message 3 of 18 (511 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:

I have spoken to an EA community manager who thinks that livechat is only an option for contact with pc 💻 users so mobile phone📱 users such as ourselves have to use the email ✉ option.

VICTORY TO MEEEEE!!!!!🇬🇧

BUMMER!

Message 4 of 18 (507 Views)

★ Guide

Bear in mind that the Zombies in Battlez are a lot tougher and meaner than those you encounter while playing Adventure maps.

I've been wondering about that. But where are the stats listed? 

There a 2x or 4x multiplier rule-of-thumb at least?

Message 5 of 18 (500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for that info! Actually now when I checked my highest level plants they have the reduced sun cost so I guess my plant levels are just too low still... 

Message 6 of 18 (493 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS

I have no idea of where such a stats list might be found, or if one even exists.

I'm basing my opinion purely on my own observations. Such as a single level 10 Electric Peashooter will massacre pretty much any Zombies in maybe 3 shots while playing the Adventure maps. (An Imp takes only 2 shots) and will take down a Gargantuar with about 6 or 7 shots.

In Battlez the same plant at the same level struggles to dispose of a single basic Imp, with it often taking 4 or 5 shots. As for Gargantuars - need I say more?!

Another complicating factor is that the developers can augment the toughness and aggression settings for the Zombies whenever they wish. Either that or they can just as easily decrease the strike power of our plants as and when they feel like it - even in the middle of a tournament week if they feel that human players are doing too well. 

"We can't have human players winning too often, now can we?"

Message 7 of 18 (486 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Fullflexed

You're welcome. All it needs is for us to appreciate that the Battlez mode is way tougher than Adventure, so it seems like our plants just aren't performing as they would in the original single player game.

Even level 10 plants can often struggle against the Battlez zombies as the action heats up.

Message 8 of 18 (485 Views)

★ Guide

As for Gargantuars - need I say more?!

In theory, the most of them should have under 4K strength, IIRC. Though when I look at the math from damage dealt to kill them, it just doesn't add up.Seems I have to deal far more in excess.

Message 9 of 18 (478 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

One has to remember Battlez is a new game mode and to me the main purpose it's introduction is to encourage players to update and buy premium plants (to achieve high score).

To get lower sun cost or the benefit of its special power, most plants will need to be level up to be at mid-level (level 5) and above.

Message 10 of 18 (468 Views)