Re: Penny's Pursuit "The Darker Ages" (Feb 3, 2022)

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

Penny's Pursuit "The Darker Ages" (Feb 3, 2022)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Is the current (as of Feb 3, 2022) Penny's Pursuit working for anyone? For me, Dr. Zomboss is always "Out to Lunch." It counts down to 0 time, then immediately goes back to "Back in 11h." It doesn't even reset the ZPS%, which has remained at 120% for me for the past several hours. It should have reset last night at midnight and again today at noon. 

I was able to play it once, yesterday afternoon, but it's been blocked the last 2 update cycles, stuck in this mode. I don't see any other reports on this, so wondering if this is just me. Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions to fix or get past this?

Thanks, all.

Message 1 of 9 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It's working for me again. I'm not sure if EA did anything, or it's what I did: Opened app settings and forced it to Terminate. Then cleared the Cache (not the data), then restarted my Android phone. That didn't restore the Zomboss challenge immediately, but at the next normal Zomboss reset time (they're every 12 hours), I was able to challenge Dr. Zomboss again and earn those coins and seed packets. 

Message 2 of 9 (628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Nope, stopped again. Looks like clearing the cache causes it to work the next time the clock counts down to zero, but then it requires another reset to work after that, at least for me. 

I take it Penny's Pursuit is working fine for other people?

Message 3 of 9 (565 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@GranitStateColin 

I'm playing it on three different profiles and sometimes it works and sometimes it only works once a day, which i find extremely annoying because I'm losing out on 30x rare headbutter seeds and 15-20 gems each time it malfunctions. 

Message 4 of 9 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yes, exactly! Those Headbutter seeds are tough to get through gameplay. I was excited to see those, only to find that most of the time, I can't battle Zomboss to earn them. Frustrating.

Message 5 of 9 (559 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MAGICDAVESHROOM, frustrating still doing this off and on. Got Headbutter where I wanted for now (no way to gain another level before current Penny's Pursuit ends), so trying to raise Wasabi Whip by another level. I'm going to need to get all 90 Wasabi Whip seed packets each day to get him to clear the next level before this PP ends, but today it cheated me again at noon today. After it counted down to 0 hours for Zomboss being out to lunch, it just flipped back to 12 hours more out to lunch.

As you said, I've not seen it do more than once per day recently, which is better than it was at the start of this PP, but still broken compared to prior PPs.
Message 6 of 9 (389 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@GranitStateColin 

At the moment i can play two penny's pursuit a day, but at the start of this tournament i lost a lot of headbutter seeds and gems because of bugs.

Message 7 of 9 (387 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MAGICDAVESHROOM, hmm, thanks. So maybe it's just me still having the problem. <sigh> Well, better than it was earlier in the month for me too, but still occasionally only letting me do 1/day (like today). I was able to get 2/day the past 2-3 days before today.
Message 8 of 9 (384 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@GranitStateColin 

I said at the moment, this bug has been going on far too long and EA should stop developing new plants and address the many long term bugs affecting the game. 

Message 9 of 9 (382 Views)