PVZ2... where has the excitment gone to?...

by TwinPresida

Original Post

PVZ2... where has the excitment gone to?...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Been playing PVZ2 for quite a while, now... maybe 2 or 3 years... and I remember that in the old days, as I was opening the APP, I was thinking: “How will it be today? Hard? Easy? Low prizes? Hi prizes? Well... let’s see!!!” (Excitment!)

But now.... this is everyday‘s summary:

1. Daily Party Piñata is beyhond easy, it’s just boring easy. It is ALWAYS easy. It will end in a few seconds and there’s no will to repeat it... (I remember Crazy Dave asking me if I needed a hand because of losing so many times... I miss those days!) So, no excitment here.

2. Prizes at the end of Piñata Party will ALWAYS be: 1st hit Plant seeds, 2nd hit Plant seeds, 3rd hit 1000 coins. No excitement here.

Prizes at the end of repeated Piñata Party will ALWAYS be:

1st hit Plant seeds, 2nd hit Plant seeds, 3rd hit 1500 coins. No excitement here.

(Couldn’t real bonus be behind piñatas and we could have some sense of luck and randomness?)

3. After 5 consecutive days of playing Party Piñata the BIG SURPRISE PIÑATA will ALWAYS be 4000 coins. Wow... Not big of a deal of a prize.... and, most certainly, no excitment at all when wondering what will be inside that big huge SURPRISE piñata.... again... absolutely no excitment here.

4. PVZ2 Battles will ALWAYS be dead boring for the first 9 opponents, and then, ALWAYS at game 10, I get to be matched against the wealthiest/cheatiest gamer of all times with 10/15 top leveled plants that make me lose the game... by far... very far! No excitment here.

I mean... could I at least be wondering how good my opponent will be in my next game? And not just easy all the time and impossible at game 10? Really? :/

What does skill matter here? When I always win and then lose every 10 rounds? Nothing. Zero.

Nowadays, for me to get a 100 winning streak, I have to spend 550 Gems; when back in the days my skill really mattered and I could get a 200 or 300 winning spree if I had a good combo of choosing/planting plants (and opponents were probably more random).

So... please... tell us... what is there left to be excited about? When everything on PVZ2 is just the same plain thing every day, every time? Over and over again?

Please do consider my plea... certainly I’m not the only one to think this way....

Message 1 of 18 (1,575 Views)

Re: PVZ2... where has the excitment gone to?...

★★★★★ Expert

You could try starting up a level 1 profile, I'm trying to whip up a bit of enthusiasm for level 1 plants.

Inspired by our glorious leader, eieio the slightly magnificent 👑, level 1 plants are challenging and less of a grind.

Message 2 of 18 (1,522 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Wait! Is the eieio you refer to the mythical character whose mere existence you've called into question in the past?

Does this mean you've become a believer, or gone over to the dark side? 

Message 3 of 18 (1,510 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Both! Our glorious leader (eieio the slightly magnificent) must be real because he posts his level 1 plants on utube, as he's on the internet he must exist because we all know everybody on the internet is exactly as they present themselves.

As a newly joined member of the level 1dark side i get a black cape and my level 1 self is now GHENGHISDAVE,

(DAVETHE BARBARIAN was already taken), or until i find a name i like better.

Message 4 of 18 (1,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

6 people with the same “problem” and still no answer from an admin...

Message 5 of 18 (1,475 Views)

★ Apprentice

You're complaining about two days? I am complaining about 4 years:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/PvZ2-Android-Not-receiving-gems/td-p/4145536

Granted it's not me who posted this, but still I've been having that problem since forever and it is NO fun whatsoever to try leveling your plants if you can't have free gems and coins through ads. All they ever say is "delete the cache", "restart the phone" or "we're working on it". But if they want so much of our data anyway, why can't they get access to some debug log files or ask for volunteers to beta-test a debug version of a new update? It's as if one of the biggest gaming franchises can't affort enough people to manage their game. Ironically, ads in PvZ Heroes work perfectly fine. Also there is a proper matching feature in that game. Looks like that team is just that much more competent. Maybe they should share some code with each other. Even if the games are different, displaying ads and matching people via algorithm should be the same principle. The latter is just basic math really, and it should be even easier in PvZ2, because you're playing against ghosts anyway (i.e. past performances from other players).

Soooooo, yeah, this is what pretty much killed the excitement for me.

Message 6 of 18 (1,464 Views)

★★★ Novice

This thread is going nowhere... I guess I’ll just quit playing...

Message 7 of 18 (1,403 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Cheer up, here's a joke for you:

There were 2 EA programmers talking over coffee and intensive carrot cake🎂 in their secret headquarters on uranus.

One says to the other " I'm developing hamster🐹 balls of death".

The other one says "you should go see a doctor or a vet!".

Message 8 of 18 (1,402 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hahaha, I suspect I didn't get at least half of the references, but I got Uranus. Standard smile

Message 9 of 18 (1,375 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Perhaps the exitement's gone to Blackpool?

Message 10 of 18 (1,349 Views)