PVZ2 plants vs zombies apple ipod touch 7 crashing

by WR3AKHAVOC1

Original Post

PVZ2 plants vs zombies apple ipod touch 7 crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have an issue with pvz2 on my ipod touch 7 crashing I get in when first installed but once the internal updates is installed then the game doesn't let me play it I can't get past the ea logo before it crashes

IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0113.jpg
Message 1 of 13 (1,966 Views)

Re: PVZ2 plants vs zombies apple ipod touch 7 crashing

Champion

Sounds like data corruption during update, what version of IOS have you got on your iPod?  

Have you tried power down the iPad and power it on again and see if the problem still present?

Maybe try to start the game with WiFi turned off and see if it can startup normal and then switch the WiFi back on.

If you can then this will be a good time to have your email registered with EA to save your progress and do take a screenshot or make a note of your player ID as your might need it to help recovering your account in the future.  

If same problem still present, you might need to do a re-install as a last resort but before doing this you might want to have some form of backup (either with Game Center or with iTunes) if you do not know your player ID.

Message 2 of 13 (1,943 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Is there enough room in your storage?

I had a similar problem with an android device and i uninstalled it then reinstalled which worked.

As eieio says, i hope you have screenshotted your player id number and also signed up with EA's email registration scheme before doing this.

Message 3 of 13 (1,913 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Current ios version is 13.1 this is the only game I get this issue with it I've reset the ipod deleted the game tried another profile nothing makes it work on the ipod it works on my tablet and other android devices just not the ipod touch 7 even the ipod 5 it works fine on so im not sure what's causing it 

Message 4 of 13 (1,907 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've done all of this but since its an idevice it's not as easy to fix this type of issue that way I have reset the whole ipod n tried the game without wifi itll load then crash 

Message 5 of 13 (1,904 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I do not believe this problem is isolated, I have seen many players with iPod reporting similar issue, my guess is that the latest PVZ update is not fully compatible with some iPods loaded with latest IOS, the problem is that EA will blame Apple's latest IOS and Apple will say their device works perfectly with other Apps so it is EA  who creates the issue, and unfortunately you are getting stuck in the middle.  

Bottom line, you can report this fault to both EA and Apple but I would not hold my breath.

Edit. mistypes

Message 6 of 13 (1,836 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank u that actually sounds about right to be honest cheers for that 👍 

Message 7 of 13 (1,826 Views)

★★★ Novice
@WR3AKHAVOC1 Hello, did you manage to fix the problem somehow? I have the same on ipod 7
Message 8 of 13 (1,079 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi no I haven't bro it's now been this say for years I've just accepted that it's something to do with the ipod and pvz 2 not working together they've never fixed it and I've reported it alot

Message 9 of 13 (1,069 Views)

★★★ Novice
@WR3AKHAVOC1 Thank you very much for the answer. Works on ipod 5 but not on ipod 7.
Message 10 of 13 (1,063 Views)