PVZ2 keeps stopping to show "Restoring Purchases!"

by GranitStateColin

Original Post

Re: PVZ2 keeps stopping to show "Restoring Purchases!"

★★★★★ Expert

@TheGOD3424  are you using some kind of translator because what you said makes little sense.

What do you mean by the mime, you keep on referring to it?

The other player is talking about the restore purchases bug, which is normally a harmless bug that shows up when a player does a reinstallation and eventually goes away of it's own accord.

If you have a pvz2 account with more than one profile, if you buy a plant for CASH it will show up in your other profiles for you to claim it, check your almanac.

If you buy a plant for gems, mints or seeds then you will have to buy it again for each of your profiles separately.

If you buy something for CASH and don't get it then tap HELP at the bottom of the page and make out a missing content report and hopefully EA will sort out the problem.

I hope this helps.

Message 31 of 70 (1,847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too have this bug after updating iOS however I’ve found a workaround that doesn’t involve uninstalling. As soon as it does the restoring purchases thing, put it in airplane mode. the spinning stops and the restoring purchases loop finishes without crashing the game. I then turn wifi back on and can continue playing or get to the shop.

Message 32 of 70 (1,757 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@mjtrichardso well done and thank you for sharing.

Message 33 of 70 (1,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mjtrichardso 

This is a very good find, could you add this to the Hints and Tips thread on link below please?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/HINTS-AND-TIPS/m-p/6833976#M3279

Message 34 of 70 (1,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! This worked. I was losing my patience!!! 

Message 35 of 70 (1,688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Sometime during the "Inferno" tournament, this problem, which I hadn't seen in many months, came back in a much more serious way. 

Now, it ONLY appears when I try to open the store, but it ALWAYS appears when I try to open the store, and the only way to clear the spinning petal "Restoring Purchases" pop-up is to force quite the game. This prevents buying anything in the store, including spending my gems to buy piñatas.

The airplane mode trick does still work:

1. Close app

2. Force quit app (needed, because some little stub remains running otherwise)

3. Clear app cache

4. Turn on airplane mode

5. Start app and go to the store

6. After you're done in the store, you can turn Airplane mode off, so you still won't be able to buy things that require an active connection, but at least this lets you spend gems to buy the Arena League boosted piñatas.

Did anyone else start having this version of the problem? 

Message 36 of 70 (1,196 Views)

★★ Novice

I also had same problem like you today... How we can get this problem solve? I always see the popup boxes write restoring purchases... I also do all thing that you make and didnt solve also the bug situation... Hopefully EA admin can solve this problem... If you had answer please tell me okay. 

Message 37 of 70 (1,161 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Salleh15111983 

If you had read the post before yours then you would have seen there's a work around, which usually works.

This problem has been going on for months and needs to be fixed EA.

Screenshot_20210715-165021_Chrome.jpg
Message 38 of 70 (1,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did one thing a bit differently:

at step 6, while still in the store w/airplane mode ON, I switched airplane mode OFF, and then exited the store.  I then immediately re-entered the store, and the problem had gone away.

Thanks, everybody, for all the help!

Message 39 of 70 (1,133 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm suffering from this bug too but when I go to the store, it gets me stuck on that softlock loop. They should have noticed this issue by now.

Message 40 of 70 (1,001 Views)