Re: PVZ2 cheater screening

by mave1969

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have no problem with the algorithm but there is still too much space for cheaters. I am in the jade league and am using several purchased plants. Just can't get beyond the 6tth or 7th match in a row, have just been defeated by someone whom had all level10 plants... Not a level 9 and a level 11... All precisely level 10....

But the really unacceptable fact is that the #1 in my league is above 2000, and there are still 3 days to go, #2 is at 1300... ...how can these guys get all these gloves????

How many hours are they playing?

Is this possible ????

Message 21 of 36 (1,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@robertdebla wrote:

I have no problem with the algorithm but there is still too much space for cheaters. I am in the jade league and am using several purchased plants. Just can't get beyond the 6tth or 7th match in a row, have just been defeated by someone whom had all level10 plants... Not a level 9 and a level 11... All precisely level 10....

But the really unacceptable fact is that the #1 in my league is above 2000, and there are still 3 days to go, #2 is at 1300... ...how can these guys get all these gloves????

How many hours are they playing?

Is this possible ????

Having a whole lot of Gauntlets IS possible.

If you can build up a sufficiently long win streak, gained through consistently winning and/or occasionally using gems to retain the streak, a multipler kicks in. Under 100 consecutive wins gives no multiplier. Above 100, a times two multiplier comes into force. If you win a Pinata that shows x2, you will get x4. This carries on at approximately each 100 steps in a streak until you reach a maximum level of a times ten multiplier when you get to just below 1000 consecutive wins/retentions. The same x2 Pinata as before would then give you x20.

The same works for Coins, Mints, AND Gauntlets. Someone with a long enough win streak to have the times ten multiplier would win gauntlets every 14 won or retained matches the same as anyone else, but instead of the x2, they would get x20.

I'm guessing that numbers one and two in your Jade League are among those who have the benefit of a high multiplier and they win more gauntlets than they use. If someone uses a few of the daily Free Plays and all the daily Free Gauntlets a total of 8 free matches is quite feasible. Doing that would result in them using only six gauntlets from their stockpile to progress to the next Gauntlets award. Assuming they won all their matches, they would then get a further 20 Gauntlets. So, in exchange for their 6 gauntlets they would win 20. A nett gain of 14. Even without the free plays and gauntlets they would still gain 6 more than they used.

That answers the gauntlets part. As for time spent playing to reach 2000 crowns. That's 400 matches. The matches this week last one and a half minutes. 400 x 1.5 = 600.

600 minutes = 10 hours.

Message 22 of 36 (1,034 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Here's a thing which I always kind of suspected but confirmed today : the opponents aren't even playing the same Battlez rounds as you. See the attached screengrab. I got wasted by someone using double (immitater) Blova. Thing is, the current tournament (ghost pepper) doesn't feature ANY opponents vulnerable to being blown away. None. So how the heck did they score 2 million+?? Those plants would have been useless to them, while the primal peashooter wouldn't have dealt with the excavator zombie on that round. 

It's all a big con. 

FD177A13-F3EC-4475-99AC-820984FE7CB9.jpeg
Message 23 of 36 (993 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@mave1969 wrote:

Here's a thing which I always kind of suspected but confirmed today : the opponents aren't even playing the same Battlez rounds as you. See the attached screengrab. I got wasted by someone using double (immitater) Blova. Thing is, the current tournament (ghost pepper) doesn't feature ANY opponents vulnerable to being blown away. None. So how the heck did they score 2 million+?? Those plants would have been useless to them, while the primal peashooter wouldn't have dealt with the excavator zombie on that round. 

It's all a big con. 

Sorry to disillusion you on this, but the 'Knockback' effect of Primal Peashooter will work in combination with the Blover.  As the Primal Peashooter knocks the zombies back it lifts them off the ground slighty and any wind from an active blover will take them off the lawn, killing them.

The only zombies that are immune to the knockback effect of Primal Peashooter are the Bullies from Jurassic Marsh, so even Gargantuars can be taken out by the Primal Peashooter/Blover combo.

[EDIT] After reading the comment from @MAGICDAVESHROOM I should have included Arcade Machines when it comes to invulnerability to Primal Peashooter knockback.

As a point of information, the optimal setup for the Ghost Pepper tournament includes Blover, Primal Peashooter and imitated Stallia.

Message 24 of 36 (987 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@

@mave1969 wrote:

Here's a thing which I always kind of suspected but confirmed today : the opponents aren't even playing the same Battlez rounds as you. See the attached screengrab. I got wasted by someone using double (immitater) Blover. Thing is, the current tournament (ghost pepper) doesn't feature ANY opponents vulnerable to being blown away. None. So how the heck did they score 2 million+?? Those plants would have been useless to them, while the primal peashooter wouldn't have dealt with the excavator zombie on that round. 

It's all a big con. 

I think arcade machines are not affected by primal peashooter's knockback effect but I've been beaten a couple of times by blover/ stallia/ primal peashooter with them getting around 3.3 million to my 2.3 million.

Message 25 of 36 (982 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have to agree that the Arcade Machines do not get pushed back or blown away !!

It is cool to watch the FootBaller and Shovel Guy get blown off the screen !!  Just need enough Primal Peashooters to destroy the Arcade Machine ASAP.

Message 26 of 36 (957 Views)

★★ Novice

There is DEFINITELY cheating going on.  I have twice now been beaten by opponents with plant levels like “M200”, whatever that means.  I have attached a screenshot.

8A6743D4-EABE-4AC7-886D-925929AA424C.jpeg
Message 27 of 36 (780 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Someone already maxed out Explode O'Nut at the Master Level ?   Yikes !

Probably an EA Bot you had the misfortune to be up against

Message 28 of 36 (773 Views)

Anonymous

That's a lot of exploding nuts... Ouch... My exploding nut is stuck at level 6 (ugh!).

I forgot to take a screenshot but I just encountered a level 11 primal pea. Not M11, just Lvl 11. I thought it maxed at 10 then the masteries.

Not a biggie though, I still beat him/her/it Standard smile

Message 29 of 36 (763 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Excellent.  Congratulations.  The bots and cheaters can be beat !!

Message 30 of 36 (759 Views)