Re: PVZ2 cheater screening

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

PVZ2 cheater screening

Champion

I read this from other website, maybe CM should consider adding this good news to:

Battlez - Reporting cheaters & what are we doing

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlantsVSZombies/comments/907pdv/news_update_on_cheater_screening/

PVZ news on cheaters .png
Message 1 of 36 (3,550 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310

Hmmm!!!!

That sounds good, in principle, but I can't help but wonder whether their tweaks have had an unwanted knock-on effect. (On me at least.)

I'm saying that because I've played 11 matches today. Out of those 11, I was pitted against opposition with all max level plants 7 (Seven) times. The last 5 consecutive matches were all against max level opposition.

I wonder if in their efforts to screen out cheaters the EA developers concentrated on that so much that it's led to them messing up on the previous method for balancing the opponents/Bots/Recordings according to a player's plant levels?

Just saying.

FYI - I currently have only 4 max level plants in my entire collection, so whether I win or lose, I consider it unfair to suddenly find myself up against such high level opposition again. Devil

Message 2 of 36 (3,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Humplemann 

Not sure if this is random or luck in your recent Battlez pairing,  I do hope your wining streak has not been affected by pairing against maxed out plant players.

FYI, I can still see players with maxed out plants being paired up with low level (levels 1~3) plant player, this was just about 40 minutes ago.   So you might not be alone.

Message 3 of 36 (3,501 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310

Thanks for asking.

So far I've kept winning, but I won the last match by only 50,000. Too close for comfort!

I'm now going to leave off playing for several hours in the hope of that resulting in me avoiding maxed out opposition.

I have often found that the longer I play, the lower my scores get, so I normally tend to space them out.

I've been doing pretty well with the second element of the Grapeshot Tournament so I may well have got carried away and strung together a few too many matches.

I can't help thinking the EA systems pick up on someone getting several wins with good scores and automatically assign stiffer opposition in an effort to bring a halt to the player's streak. (Of course they would vehemently deny that.) 

Message 4 of 36 (3,497 Views)

★ Guide

In my generation, being a cheater was something to be shunned for. At a minimum, you'd be banned from the game and have all assets locked for good.

But here, you actually get to have your own cake and eat it too after caught.

Absolutely amazing...!

Message 5 of 36 (3,490 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Cake! What kind of cake?🍰🎂🍮🍩
If there's cake involved I'm in.
VICTORY TO MEEEEE!!!!!!🇬🇧
Message 6 of 36 (3,482 Views)

Champion

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:
Cake! What kind of cake?🍰🎂🍮🍩
If there's cake involved I'm in.
VICTORY TO MEEEEE!!!!!!🇬🇧

@MAGICDAVESHROOM  Guess you will need to know how to cheat and being recognised as such by EA before you can join in this 'special club.  Wondering

Message 7 of 36 (3,447 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This is the cake cheaters aren't going to either have nor eat.

It was delicious.

20180503_095101~2.jpg
Message 8 of 36 (3,401 Views)

★ Guide

About half my opponents last tourny were getting high scores without the use of any sun generating plants.

Hmmmmm........

Message 9 of 36 (3,386 Views)

★ Pro

@D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS wrote:

About half my opponents last tourny were getting high scores without the use of any sun generating plants.

Hmmmmm........

They are just SO GOOD, they don't need any sun generating plants, like Chuck Norris 

Message 10 of 36 (3,381 Views)