Re: No free Gauntlets/Gems/Coins seem to be a LOCALISATION issue

by k4o724rq3g40

Original Post

No free Gauntlets/Gems/Coins seem to be a LOCALISATION issue

★★★ Apprentice

I own a Galaxy S8 and since about 1 or 2 month there are no free Gauntels, Gems and/or Coins anymore.

Worked in the past, but then the feature was gone without any system changes on my end.

I assumed it matters to all of us, but recently i recognized it seems to be limited to the location where i play.

During a short trip to the US (California) i was able to receive the daily freeibies.

On my way back i stopped in Amsterdam: Works there as well.

But as soon as i landed in Germany the feature was gone again.

Any explanation / fixes for this issue?

Please note: there are some adds when i play. Usually when i finish a Battlez game.

Though there is no way to watch adds to receive the free items Frown

Message 1 of 10 (1,651 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@zofinur

I have copied this from another thread where someone was having problems with not receiving rewards for their promotion to the Gold League.

Although your problem is different, I imagine the procedure for contacting EA direct about your difficulties would be the same.

Good luck. Standard smile

You can reach the EA Game Advisors at help.ea.com/contact-us.

Choose the "Contact Us" or "Chat" option (not "AHQ", you've already done that.)

Pro Tips:
1. Be at your gaming rig.
2. Be logged-on to your EA/Origin account.
3. Be able to spend 10-30 minutes "on hold" before reaching someone.
4. Be willing to try again. Sometimes the first (or second) Advisor isn't... successful.

Message 2 of 10 (1,611 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thnx @Humplemann. Though i am not sure that it´s a client-based issue since there were no problems when the device was used in a different country.

I fear that it´s either an issue with german add-servers or, even worse for us, some kind of legal issue ... like you must not be rewarded for watching adds.

Hopefully EA will shine a lighton this or can fix it.

Next step on my end: I try to use a VPN into another country ... if something like windscribe works on my android.

Anybody else around who receives free items in Germany?

Message 3 of 10 (1,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue is they refuse to help. I logged a call and they said "only the forums can help" and promptly closed the ticket. Very very frustrating as this dramatically impacts the enjoyment of the game. 

Message 4 of 10 (1,343 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Humplemann wrote:

@zofinur

I have copied this from another thread where someone was having problems with not receiving rewards for their promotion to the Gold League.

Although your problem is different, I imagine the procedure for contacting EA direct about your difficulties would be the same.

Good luck. Standard smile

You can reach the EA Game Advisors at help.ea.com/contact-us.

Choose the "Contact Us" or "Chat" option (not "AHQ", you've already done that.)

Pro Tips:
1. Be at your gaming rig.
2. Be logged-on to your EA/Origin account.
3. Be able to spend 10-30 minutes "on hold" before reaching someone.
4. Be willing to try again. Sometimes the first (or second) Advisor isn't... successful.

I would like to point out there is no livechat option for smartphones and tablets, that's just for the PC.

Everyone else has email EA HELP CENTER (below) and go to sleep for a couple of days.

Message 5 of 10 (1,340 Views)

Anonymous

Hi @EA_David, sorry to call your attention like this. Is this the norm for the EA help team?

@k4o724rq3g40 wrote:

The issue is they refuse to help. I logged a call and they said "only the forums can help" and promptly closed the ticket. Very very frustrating as this dramatically impacts the enjoyment of the game. 

We are volunteers here and may not have enough knowledge or tools to help our fellow gamers. Hope to hear from you soon.

Message 6 of 10 (1,326 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

EA_Dave and EA_Roger are now the tech support for addressing player issues ?

Wow !!

Merry XMAS guys !

Message 7 of 10 (1,322 Views)

Anonymous

That post of mine is a bit of a long shot as they may be busy. He was the last one (from EA) to give me XP so it's worth a try. Also not sure if his scope includes the EA help team so yeah... Let's wait for a response.

Message 8 of 10 (1,320 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Sad that there is so little technical support from where it is expected...I hear you.

Message 9 of 10 (1,311 Views)

Champion

I could be wrong but I think the mods are only appearing here from time to time (just like the yetis) and the xp points can be macro to give out automatically when there is an answer being accepted. 

Message 10 of 10 (1,302 Views)