Re: No X on ads Aug 2021

by linuxPigPen

Original Post

No X on ads Aug 2021

★★★ Novice

I've come across an issue the last few days. The majority of the ads I'm seeing do not have an x. There is no way to close them without closing the game. And if I close my game I don't get the coins. If this happens during a pinata replay I lose my opportunity at the second play. It seems like this happens with every other ad. It's not one specific ad, it happens with many different ones. 

I bought a new phone 6 months ago so the issue isn't that my device is too old. This also happens on my tablet and my boyfriend's phone so I know it's not just my device.

Things I've tried:

-I've tried minimizing the game and reopening it but it has no effect.

-I've tried closing the game completely but when I restart it I haven't earned any coins from that ad. I have the option to watch another ad, but odds are I'll get another ad with no X and I won't get those coins either. 

-I've tried restarting my phone

-I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app

-I have tried clearing the cache and clearing the data on both the zombie app and Google Play app.

-I have Googled and tried all the tips suggested for people having trouble with ads.

-I have tried clicking all over the edges of an ad hoping to hit an invisible X that might be there but I just can't see it.

The ads play just fine, I just can't close them to get the reward. It's been happening for at least four days now and it's getting frustrating. I'm a paying customer of this game. I need to watch the ads to get coins for my daily seed packets for upgrades. How can I fix this?

Capture+_2021-08-08-18-24-10.png
Message 1 of 20 (983 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@masochistik Don't think there is a fix. I just force close the game and try again....its super annoying....
Message 2 of 20 (956 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@masochistik I'm having that problem with the freaking Facebook ads. I get a screen that tells me I must either update or Uninstall. Costing me me lagniappe. FB biteth the royal moose.
Message 3 of 20 (940 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@masochistik 

If I get an ad I can't close I leave the the game and return. 

The reward usually gets credited to my resources. 

Message 4 of 20 (933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem and it's driving me crazy. The ads seem to be coming from an ad provider called AppLovin. It is at least every other ad and often more than that. I have also tried everything I can think of and nothing works.

There needs to be an easier way to contact companies when they have broken and clearly not intended issues like this. I am very close to quitting this game and leaving a one star review if they don't fix this immediately. Watching ads is annoying enough. Not getting rewarded for doing so is unforgivable.

Message 5 of 20 (888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same problem in the past days - several ads don't have an X for closing them anymore. I need to quit the game and return and hope that I get a closeable ad this time, but they get more and more rare and it keeps me from playing the game at all! Please fix!!

Message 6 of 20 (887 Views)

★ Guide

It seems this game keeps getting glitchier and glitchier with no response from EA regarding these problems.  A lot of little things are starting to add up.  I wish EA would pay attention to this game soon.

Message 7 of 20 (850 Views)

★ Novice
@masochistik specifically it happens on wordscape ads
Message 8 of 20 (837 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@StormyHeather11 The ads are not governed by EA. They contract it out or something so it has nothing to do with them. Dodgy ads will eventually go away. There have always been dodgy ads ever since I played this game in the past 4 years...this is just another variation (shrugs)
Message 9 of 20 (828 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven't been getting the rewards. I've been watching. I check the amount of coins I have first, open the ad, when I can't close it I force close the game, when I reopen the game my coin amount is still the same. This has happened about a hundred times now. I'm watching all the ads and getting nothing out of it.

Message 10 of 20 (796 Views)