Re: New power-mint: Spear-mint

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

New power-mint: Spear-mint

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Another Power Mint fresh out of the garden is about to land in Plants vs Zombies 2! This is a particularly prickly mint, but bound to leave zombies on the pointy end of things...

Introducing… Spear-mint!

From the moment you plant Spear-mint on the lawn, it will automatically plant 2 rows of Spikerocks in the furthest right available vertical rows and boost them to really stick it to the zombies! Even once the Spear-mint boost wears off, the Spikerocks will remain, and if you plant even more Spear-mints in your match, more Spikerocks will appear so feasibly you can fill your entire lawn full of very spikey, very pointy Spikerocks that will be boosted up! As always, keep in mind the higher the level of your Spear-mint, the more that family's plants will be boosted.

Spear-mint affects the following plants:

• Laser Bean

• Bloomerang

• Cactus

• Spikeweed

• Homing Thistle

• Spikerock

To quote Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s character from 500 Days of Summer - “It pains me we live in a world where nobody's heard of Spearmint.” Frankly, I didn’t even know there was a band called Spearmint but they do exist and they don’t sound too bad either! So please enjoy We’re Going Out by Spearmint.

(I know I'm really original)

What do you think about this one ?

Message 1 of 11 (1,732 Views)

★★★★ Guide

To clarify, according to Haem the level of Spikerocks depends if the effect of the Power-mint is still active or not.
If the effect is active, Spikerocks will be as the same level as your power-mint.
When the effect is not active anymore, Spikerocks will be at the level of your own regular spikerocks.
So if you have a lvl 3 power mint and level 5 spikerocks, you will have spikerocks lvl 3 then 5.

Concerning the Power-mint effect, I would say it's probably in the top 3 of the power-mint effect, I would say 2nd after Bombard-mint just before Reinforce-mint (without infi-nut and pea-nut it would not be that good).
Concerning the family...meh

I would say it still look like a good power-mint, I would say the 3rd after Bombard-mint and Reinforce-mint.  

Message 2 of 11 (1,723 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Looks very promising indeed.

Message 3 of 11 (1,716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Btw it is only one row of spikerocks, not two.
But it seems you get additional spikerocks when you upgrade the plant.

I tried the second level of Egypt world just using it (lvl 4)
There are so many zombies with plant food in this level that I ended up with the board almost full of spikerocks and I did not have to use any other plant than Spear-mint Large smile

Message 4 of 11 (1,682 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have also found this mint to be very useful in different worlds.  Even one row of Spikerocks at any level will eliminate/weaken many types of Zombies right out of the shoot ! 

Message 5 of 11 (1,669 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

With the faster recharge time Spearmint can be used to generate quick SUN (except in BattleZ)

Message 6 of 11 (1,464 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Try Spearmint in Big Wave Beach world...better than using the "buggy" Tangle Kelp !!

Message 7 of 11 (1,388 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

In lost city maps with the big stone ball traps, if you deploy a spearmint with a level high enough to cover the button then the button is depressed and the ball rolls and wipes out all your spikerocks.

Message 8 of 11 (1,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I foolishly deleted Play games data. How can I get back my spear-mint? Thanks

Message 9 of 11 (1,077 Views)

Anonymous

You would have to wait for it to be available again.

Message 10 of 11 (1,071 Views)