Re: New power-mint: Contain-mint

by BBnot8

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

I really think that power-mint in general should be used as a special plant in an extra slot, that  would make the game play more interesting and people would use them more.
Maybe even a power-mint that looks useless as contain-mint would be played ?
It would be a win-win for everyone, for the players it would be more interesting to play them, and for EA, there would be more players wanting to use them.

Message 11 of 19 (721 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, the Mint-slot would be a solution.

As is, most of these will never be used. Kinda like how no one is ever going to use that ridiculous intensive carrot. Aside from when it's picked by mistake.

Message 12 of 19 (708 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I tried the new mint out last night with my high level plants and I have to be honest the 1st impression is not so good.  The quest showcasing what the entry level mint can do could actually be played without using it if you have high level plants. 

However, when playing with my level 1 plants collection, it helps stalia to bounce the zombies back a few squares which is quite useful for both adventure and Battlez.

So my conclusion is, if you have level up plants, it does not add much benefits of using it, but iof you have low level plants, at least it makes you stalia a bit more powerful.

I too seen the Blover is part of its family, so while EA promoting the mints but disallowing its supported family plant does seem somehow strange -- but hey this is EA.....

Message 13 of 19 (698 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Well even with low lvl plants, isn't arma and bombard-mint better ?

Message 14 of 19 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I think that depends on what zombies you are about to entertain....

Personally Bombard-mint and Reinforce-mint are the ones I consider to be good for Battlez.

I have just read that Blover, Lily Pad and Thyme Warp are not support yet due to 'bugs', more details can be read from  link below

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlantsVSZombies/comments/995orp/news_introducing_containmint/

Message 15 of 19 (682 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
If containmint boosts blover (probably makes it last longer) then maybe it's worth getting, but it's NOT shown as part of the containmint family in the almanac, just on the artwork promoting it. I played the quests wiith normal and levelled up containmints and i didn't much rate it. But i may be wrong.
Message 16 of 19 (678 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Well, no wonder, I guess they did not think of bossting the duration of Blover and Thyme Warp Disappointed
If the would boost Blover duration, contain-mint could really maybe become an interesting power-mint.

EA, just hire less people for marketing and more for development ffs Large smile

Message 17 of 19 (666 Views)

★ Guide

Stupid Thyme can ONLY be used in adventure mode.

Stupid Thyme can ONLY be used in ONE of the adventure worlds.

Stupid Thyme can ONLY be used in a SELECT FEW levels in one adventure world.

Ohhh, and Blover is now cut out of tournies, while over powered $ Pay-to-Win CaliPower is still allowed to roam around with no balancing.

So.... with that adoooo, tell me again how any of these two is going to make stupid contain-mint worth anything.

Message 18 of 19 (649 Views)

★★★★ Guide

THE MIGHTY LILY PAD !!!

And don't worry about Cauli, I'm sure that dev-market have worst premium plants in store Party hat

Message 19 of 19 (643 Views)