Re: New power-mint: Contain-mint

by D0CT0R_Z0MB0SS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New power-mint: Contain-mint

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

New power-mint, contain-mint !

Contain-mint stun all zombies on the board and boost plants of Contain-mint family:

• Grave Buster
  • Spring Bean
  • Magnet-shroom
  • Lily Pad
  • Sap-fling
  • Hurrikale
  • Stunion
  • Stallia

More, here: http://plantsvszombies.wikia.com/wiki/Contain-mint

What are you opinion on that power-mint ?

Message 1 of 19 (1,766 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

Personnally, I'm kinda sceptical about this one...I'm gonna buy it just to have all the power-mint but nothing more...

The power could be interesting but compared to the power of Arma or Bombard-mint that kill most of the zombies on the board ....well it is kinda useless...Disappointed

Plus, the plants of the family are for most of them useless, or used in very specific situations: grave buster, magnet-shroom, lily pad (3 out of 8!)
Spring bean is a low cost version of chard guard, so it has no real utility let's be honest...

So basically there are only 4 plants of the family that can be useful in any game. And it is likely that when/if they do a power-mint based on ice plants, hurrikale would be removed from contain-mint family...

I don't think it would be a good power-mint in normal game or in Battlez mode. So far, I would say it looks like the less interesting powermint of all the power-mint released... Frown

View in thread

Message 3 of 19 (1,749 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Will give it a try later when I got home.

Just wondering what it would add to the spring beam and stalia....

Message 2 of 19 (1,756 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Personnally, I'm kinda sceptical about this one...I'm gonna buy it just to have all the power-mint but nothing more...

The power could be interesting but compared to the power of Arma or Bombard-mint that kill most of the zombies on the board ....well it is kinda useless...Disappointed

Plus, the plants of the family are for most of them useless, or used in very specific situations: grave buster, magnet-shroom, lily pad (3 out of 8!)
Spring bean is a low cost version of chard guard, so it has no real utility let's be honest...

So basically there are only 4 plants of the family that can be useful in any game. And it is likely that when/if they do a power-mint based on ice plants, hurrikale would be removed from contain-mint family...

I don't think it would be a good power-mint in normal game or in Battlez mode. So far, I would say it looks like the less interesting powermint of all the power-mint released... Frown

Message 3 of 19 (1,750 Views)

★★★★ Guide

At first glance, and having already played the two test levels, it seems to me that even the Fila-Mint is vastly superior to Contain-Mint.

The majority of the plants in the Contain-Mint family are pretty useless in Adventure mode. That makes it highly unlikely that they would ever be selected for Battlez. (Except in error).

The two exceptions are Stallia and Hurrikale, but I've never used the Hurrikale in Battlez. That leaves us with Stallia. But if we keep finding ourselves deprived of the Blover to back it up, it, too, becomes severely limited.

To sum up, I'm so underwhelmed that I can barely contain my feelings of indifference.

I have plenty of Mints available, so I will probably buy Contain-Mint. But unless it proves useful in the Endless levels, as Fila-Mint has, I won't be taking it much above level 4.

Message 4 of 19 (1,738 Views)

★ Guide

I bought it only because you never know when they will give it a useful revamping and place it into the $ store.

As for spring bean, it went through a horrible downgrade a while back, and is almost next to useless now. Funny how $ plants never get a tweaking for balancing... * caugh, * caugh... Calipower. $$$$

Standard smile

Message 5 of 19 (1,739 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BBnot8 wrote:

New power-mint, contain-mint !

Contain-mint stun all zombies on the board and boost plants of Contain-mint family:

• Grave Buster
  • Spring Bean
  • Magnet-shroom
  • Lily Pad
  • Sap-fling
  • Hurrikale
  • Stunion
  • Stallia

I'm puzzled. I just checked out the Contain-Mint family within the game and found that Blover is at the top of the list.

When you entered your list, was it taken from the in-game listing?

BTW I'm using Android and now running version 6.9.1 - It came down as an update yesterday. Could that possibly explain the discrepancy?

Message 6 of 19 (1,728 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I dunno, I take it from the wiki. I read there that Blover was in the family but has been removed after. On iOS, Blover is not in contain-mint family, but I'm with version 6.8.1, will re install just to check myself.

Message 7 of 19 (1,729 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I played the level test, and the power of that power-mint is honestly a joke. Why would you use something to stun zombie for 4 seconds when arma-mint or bombard-mint can kill almost all the zombies on the board ?
I'm really wondering if I will buy it or not. Somehow I wanna have all the power-mints, but 100 mints for this one seems not to be a good deal at alll !

Message 8 of 19 (1,725 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Humplemann Well I'm puzzled too. On the ad for contain-mint it shows that Blover and Thyme warp are on Contain-mint family. In my almanach they are not in the family but I'm still on version 6.8.1, no 6.9.1 for iOS yet.

On Blover wiki page, there is this "Even though Blover belongs to the Contain-mint Family, his own Almanac does not show any Contain-mint stats, neither his seed packet shows his Contain-mint icon."

But another thing: how can Blover and Thyme warp could be boosted ? The only things that change when you upgrade Blover with seeds are reduce sun cost and reduce recharge time, so you can't really boost one blover actually. Same for Thyme warp. But maybe they will change the mechanics, for example, making blover or thyme warp effects during longer and then theses 2 would be on the family again.

Message 9 of 19 (1,721 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
> Why would you use something to stun zombie for 4 seconds when--
---
You really should be asking... why would you foolishly want something that does a temporary stun, and you can only use it a maximum of 2 times in a game.... when that precious slot it takes up can be used for something far more useful and continuous.

Message 10 of 19 (1,717 Views)