New Battlez arrangement -- Good news? Bad news?

by eieio_31310

Original Post

New Battlez arrangement -- Good news? Bad news?

[ Edited ]
Champion

Just read this from subreddit -- I let you to decide.

===

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlantsVSZombies/comments/b8lx4y/news_upcoming_change_to_battlez/

[NEWS] Upcoming change to Battlez

As part of ongoing changes, we’re about to make the biggest change yet to Battlez and how you interact with it. In this post we wanted to give the heads up on it and when to expect it.

We’ll be introducing a new way to play and earn rewards through Battlez Seasons. A Battlez Season will consist of multiple tournaments over a 4-week time period. Crowns gained from wins and losses goes toward your overall Season Progress, where you can unlock great new rewards, including brand-new premium plants (Please note, Seasons progress will be profile specific).

In addition to Season Progress rewards, players still earn rewards via the win-streak. But, moving forward, we will be changing how win streaks work which will require us to reset the current win streak system. What this means is that you will be able to continue your current win streak until April 30, after that you will start fresh once the win streak system is in place.

Player’s current win streaks will be reset upon updating to the 7.3 binary update, which kicks off Battlez Seasons. Already earned rewards will still be kept. Finally, players can still also earn tournament-end rewards, which will vary based on the length of the tournament.

Seasons is anticipated to start appearing in your games in the 7.3 update, which is targeted for global release on April 30, 2019.

In celebration of the Battlez journey so far we’ll be kicking off 2 weeks of events to pave the way for Battlez Seasons. First will be ‘Super Streak Week’ (April 9) where we will be doubling the amount of Mint currency earned from the win streak rewards for everyone. Additionally we will be bringing back the much requested Improve-mint event for everyone on April 16, with special bundles available in the store to help get you prepared for Seasons moving forward.

As this is a heads up post, we’ll be providing more details about how Seasons will work closer to the date.

We look forward to bringing Seasons to you in the very near future.

Message 1 of 4 (577 Views)

Re: New Battlez arrangement -- Good news? Bad news?

★★★★★ Expert

At least April is what everyone has been waiting for !

New players can get ahold of the mints not yert released !!

I'll take a wait and see attitude towards the 'new and improved BattleZ...we know what that has meant in the past right ?

Message 2 of 4 (538 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I can't see this being anything other than BAD NEWS.

Over many months, multiple players have been reporting that they've lost their reward streaks due to crashes. I have seen so many instances of these crash induced losses that I've long suspected that they are server end induced crashes with the specific purpose of terminating streaks that the Bot's have failed to bring about.

My suspicions have been further deepened by the fact that no efforts have been made to rectify the situation by bringing in a means whereby a player can get their streak back. Instead, EA / Popcap have somehow decided that the best way around the problem is to rob EVERYONE of their win streaks in one fell swoop!!!!!!

If past performance is anything to go by, the new rewards streak system will be a mere shadow of the existing system. I would also be most surprised if it is anything other than a thinly disguised means of slashing the reward values for a great many players.

I also believe it's an absolute certainty that there won't be any form of compensation offered to players who have invested a lot of time and effort to build up a substantial reward streak, only to have it taken away just because EA / Popcap have decided to.

Message 3 of 4 (535 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I totally agree with you @Humplemann ...
The fact they had to reset the streaks seems BS to me.

I spent months and gems (Secret) to get a streak at 1900 and now I will have to start from the beginning again ?
That is so unfair, I'm sure some players spent lot of moneys on gems to keep their streak...

Well, I guess I'm gonna play a lot in battle to get a comfortable amount of mints til the end of April.

Else Improve ment event is good but it is not really surprising, we knew there would be another one.
Actually I was expecting EA to do one before releasing Conceal-mint.

For the other thing, wait and see...

Message 4 of 4 (527 Views)