Need help to get screen shoot for Penny Pursuit first time reward

by kof1979

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need help to get screen shoot for Penny Pursuit first time reward

★ Novice

Recently i have logged a case to EA on 13-Aug for the repeated bug i reported that Penny pursuit all stages completed where I just played a while and lost all first time rewards. I have encountered same bug since May and i also saw a couple of posts in here who have the same problem. Previous customer service are kind enough to give me rewards. But recently their supports are not as helpful anymore.
My previous case, just gave me 150 gems and close the case. Fine, the seed rewarded was not so fantastic i don't bother. Just gave my feedback that this is unprofessional and not fair.
But for this current case, the support is pushing too far. The summarize history:
13-Aug: log the case with attached screen shoot, profile ID and player ID.
13-Aug: replied, ask for profile name and the rewards i supposed to get. Fair enough. I expressed my unhappiness because every time this happen, i need to investigate myself what should be the right reward. i told them the reward should be gems, coins and seeds(apple mortar, pumpkin and goo pea). My fault also, i demand many, hope to get developers' attention.
14-Aug:replied, ask for confirm profile name and proof of the reward. I replied, i have mentioned in my initial case. Fine. I repeated again my profile name and told her i can't provide the proof of rewards as the stage completed.
14-Aug, replied, ask for screenshot of completed penny pursuit. I replied, i have attached in my initial case. Patiently, i reattached.
15-Aug, replied, ask for proof of the reward. Which i said, i don't know what's the first time rewards as the stages were completed.
Conclusion from the incident: Soccer ball supports are not trained of the game mechanism and ask impossible things from unfortunate players. Football The support mechanism should be: once a support replied, then it will pass to another support. So, be prepared EA support just ask for repeated information, causing delay. Basketball Support don't usually report bug to Development. Still forum like here is still the best place if you find any bugs.
For EA Support/Developers: Soccer ball as mentioned in my previous case, this could be caused by the same player ID, having more than 1 profile. When 2nd profile click on the Penny Pursuit, it will wrongly judge that the Penny Pursuit completed. Penny Pursuit is a great idea to keep old players continue playing. Just need to fix this bug will be perfect. Football Support may not necessary be a player, but at least have some product training to understand the game mechanism. Basketball can't deny some players just want to try their luck to get extra rewards, but not everyone. There are paid players like me, have most high-level plants, just want to get fair treatment for rewards and want to continue enjoy the game. Please exercise your judgement and not causing more trouble for unfortunate players. This is just pushing players to quit the game.
Lastly, sorry for the long story above. In short, can someone please help me provide the screen shoot of the rewards for each stages? I'm not only lost all the fun of playing all stages myself but also the first time rewards and suffering from the responses from EA support. Thank you very much! Have a nice day ahead~

Message 1 of 14 (1,722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need help to get screen shoot for Penny Pursuit first time reward

★★★★★ Expert

@kof1979 EA Help keeps a history of all your filed cases. If you open a lot of cases asking for compensation they will see it as a scam. Making it harder for you to get the compensation by asking for screenshots/proof is just a way to protect themselves from players who abuse the Help Center. 

I think your best shot to get the screenshots is to either look up walk-throughs of the current Penny's Pursuit event or replay the levels yourself. If you replay a level and complete it you should see the rewards.

The devs already know about that bug but weren't able to get a reliable repro of it. That's why they weren't able to fix it yet. They assume it happens when you play the game on multiple devices. If you do happen to play the game on two devices the only advice I can give you is to stop playing PvZ2 on your second device until this bug gets fixed.

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (1,626 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@kof1979 The ability to take a screenshot depends on which phone you're using. 

Message 2 of 14 (1,683 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @1H3JOKER, thanks for response. But once the Penny Pursuit "completed" or "marked as completed", I can't see what's the original rewards supposed to be anymore. Which for my case, i really never play and it was marked as completed. 

Message 3 of 14 (1,679 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@kof1979 EA Help keeps a history of all your filed cases. If you open a lot of cases asking for compensation they will see it as a scam. Making it harder for you to get the compensation by asking for screenshots/proof is just a way to protect themselves from players who abuse the Help Center. 

I think your best shot to get the screenshots is to either look up walk-throughs of the current Penny's Pursuit event or replay the levels yourself. If you replay a level and complete it you should see the rewards.

The devs already know about that bug but weren't able to get a reliable repro of it. That's why they weren't able to fix it yet. They assume it happens when you play the game on multiple devices. If you do happen to play the game on two devices the only advice I can give you is to stop playing PvZ2 on your second device until this bug gets fixed.

Message 4 of 14 (1,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@kof1979 Here is a good source for the screenshots: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYodwd3jG8AaFv5PMpEdZhQ/videos

As an example the first level:

Level1.png
Message 5 of 14 (1,598 Views)

★ Novice

Hi PowerToss, thanks for the inform and your comments! After read through your previous comments. I think you got the point. I just ban my children for playing for the time being until they fix the bugs. Thank you very much!

Message 6 of 14 (1,590 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kof1979   FYI, I play the game only on one device and have this issue since the second week so I think this might due to luck, I however play this with multiple profiles and this might have contributed towards the problem.  

I could accept multiple devices could give players a higher chance to catch this bug but I will say this is not the root cause.  What I am trying to express is that banning the kids playing probably reduces the chance of getting this auto-complete bug but this would not stop the bug occurring.  

With personal experience, what I have found on my iPhone is that the first time I access Penny's Pursuit after the new quest started, all things appear normal, it only becomes broken when I exit and re-enter, so I would only enter when I have the time to complete all 5 levels in one session, this way I get all the gems and seed packages I needed.  (I hope this bug does not carry over to the 4 week long quest as it was on last time, I most certainly will not enjoy doing 19 levels in one session)

edit mistypes

Message 7 of 14 (1,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@eieio_31310 wrote:

@kof1979   FYI, I play the game only on one device and have this issue since the second week so I think this might due to luck, I however play this with multiple profiles and this might have contributed towards the problem.  

Interesting. I know that for some players switching to only one device fixed the bug:

"Ive stopped playing pvz 2 on my second device. The bug disappeared when I did so = all the levels for the current pennys pursuit tournament were locked"

Do you open game on other devices and just no play on them, though? Or is it literally just one device PvZ2 is installed on?

The devs should really make a questionnaire: 1) Do you have PvZ2 installed on multiple devices? 2) Do you open the game on multiple devices? 3) Do you have more than one profile? 3) Do you use EA Email registration?

I only use one device but U have multiple profiles and I don't use EA registration (I trust the App store to save my progress). I never had the auto-completion bug. 

Message 8 of 14 (1,539 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I do have this problem~~ but you know what, I just don't bother anymore~~ in my opinion, seeds for plants will eventually come again. Besides even if the levels fill up, you can always get those seeds when you fight zomboss. I do play pvz2 on 2 devices however but i only play Penny's on one. I have 1 device where i only generally use for the extra free plays in arena but who knows what cause the bug.. o.o 

Message 9 of 14 (1,535 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @Perfume-shroom92 , thanks for your advice also. I was too stubborn and calculative over the seeds too much. I learned what you said too slow. Yes, you are right. seeds will eventually come again. Thanks. 

Message 10 of 14 (1,466 Views)