NEW PLANTS MINI FORUM🍄🥦🌽🍇

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

Re: NEW PLANTS MINI FORUM🍄🥦🌽🍇

Champion

@FantastiXxPVZ  Now I think there will be quite a few players would like this kind of data push when Imp Pear or Pokra seeds are on offer.  Thanks for the heads up @FantastiXxPVZ.  Will try to get a few more levels for both plants tonight.

Message 41 of 207 (1,028 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

For me the gem cost have not been reset with the data push (iOS). This either only happened to Android user or it just happend if you used up all 80 purchases :/

Message 42 of 207 (1,019 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:

@FantastiXxPVZ 

What level is your hocus crocus now?

9 almost 10

Message 43 of 207 (1,004 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@PowerToss wrote:

For me the gem cost have not been reset with the data push (iOS). This either only happened to Android user or it just happend if you used up all 80 purchases :/

I just checked the partially used ones at lower levels and they were not reset. Apparently, it's only if it was used up before the push.

Message 44 of 207 (1,002 Views)

Re: NEW PLANTS MINI FORUM????

★★★★★ Expert

@eieio_31310 wrote:

@FantastiXxPVZ wrote:

Been playing with it and it seems like nothing is even planted ? Definitely not as OP as the other Vines.

Screenshot_20210216-192257_Plants Vs Zombies 2.jpg

I have to agree, apart from allowing attacking shadow plants to be used without moon flower, it seems like £20 wasted. I am hoping it becomes more useful once it is levelled up.  

I disagree with @FantastiXxPVZ and @eieio_31310 , i didn't read the wiki and once i realised it can be used as a VINE, it will go on any plant and i zipped through the 50 seed quest with my level 1 profile

I haven't read the stats so i don't know how much damage it does but as a close range damage dealing shield with the ability to boost one shadow plant it could be very useful, i doubt it will ever become an arena favourite though.

https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/Gloom_Vine

Message 45 of 207 (916 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MAGICDAVESHROOM   It was a vine by design, it is a vine when made available and it will be used as a vine by all players.  

What I (and @FantastiXxPVZ as well) seeing it as not as over powered as the previous vines, my favour are still Explode-o-Vine and Shine Vine as they get used the most.

Edit.  I think I was spoiled by how powerful gloom-shroom was in the original PVZ and set my expectation too high.  

Message 46 of 207 (904 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@eieio_31310 wrote:

@MAGICDAVESHROOM   It was a vine by design, it is a vine when made available and it will be used as a vine by all players.  

What I (and @FantastiXxPVZ as well) seeing it as not as over powered as the previous vines, my favour are still Explode-o-Vine and Shine Vine as they get used the most.

Edit.  I think I was spoiled by how powerful gloom-shroom was in the original PVZ and set my expectation too high.  

I know every plant has it's time to shine and I can see being able to power Dusklobber without Moonflower will be a great benefit albeit very situational. I was just hoping the damage would be on par with Pyre Vine and Blastberry Vine, since it has no cool features like Explode-o-vine (Blover capeable knockback and high damage) or Shine-vine's starting burst and Sun poison. I wish the area of effect were larger or the damage was higher since it's damage reaches only one tile away.

Message 47 of 207 (862 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@FantastiXxPVZ I compare the damage of gloom vine and blastberry. At least from my almanac, the starting damage of gloom vine is 45 and my level 5 blastberry vine's damage is 45.....so I think it should be stronger than blastberry vine....
Message 48 of 207 (845 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Perfume-shroom92 wrote:
@FantastiXxPVZI compare the damage of gloom vine and blastberry. At least from my almanac, the starting damage of gloom vine is 45 and my level 5 blastberry vine's damage is 45.....so I think it should be stronger than blastberry vine....

Yeah, I have it at Level 2 from the Bundle and the 50 Seed Quest, so hopefully the damage ramps up alot with levels.

Message 49 of 207 (828 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@MAGICDAVESHROOM What's your PvZ2 version? (Settings --> Build Version). There has been a small update yesterday. I'm just wondering if you already have the latest update. No worries, there is almost no difference between 8.7.2 and 8.7.3 but this would be a good time to check whether you really turned off the auto-update function for PvZ2.

Message 50 of 207 (809 Views)