Re: Multiple profiles

by Denmark1012

Original Post

Multiple profiles

★★ Novice

I’ve heard that there is a way to have multiple profile on the game. Does anyone know how to do that using Apple iPhone?

Message 1 of 11 (5,735 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

On previous versions of PvZ2, there was a button to create a new profile. The current version (7.0.1) doesn't have it anymore. New profiles can only be created on new installs or if you reinstall. For Android, clearing the cache and data can also trigger this (not sure for iOS devices).

Reinstallation (or clearing cache/data) is not recommended if you don't have your profile sync'ed or backed up to the cloud.

When you have an existing profile and a new profile is created (due to reinstall), the old/existing profile will be sync'ed when connected to the cloud. Basically, the new profile will be untouched when you sync and will now show as a part of the profile selection box together with your existing profile(s). When you sync again, the new profile will be backed up together with the other profile(s). You can repeat this process if you want more profiles. But do this at your own risk.

I hope this helps. Happy planting!

PS: Please click on "Accept as Solution" if you have no further inquiries.

Message 2 of 11 (5,719 Views)

★★ Novice

That doesn’t seem to work with the iPhone, I don’t have any options to clear the data nor does the game prompt me with anything other than ask my age and then straight back to the original profile once I have uninstalled and reinstalled Thanks for you help anyway 

Message 3 of 11 (5,694 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Sorry to hear this.  It did not behave as such just a few months ago (before the latest sw release).

Message 4 of 11 (5,690 Views)

Anonymous

@Denmark1012 wrote:

That doesn’t seem to work with the iPhone, I don’t have any options to clear the data nor does the game prompt me with anything other than ask my age and then straight back to the original profile once I have uninstalled and reinstalled Thanks for you help anyway 

Hmm... I'm thinking your iPhone is cloud syncing in the background when you ran PvZ2...

Here's one trick you can try: After reinstalling, don't run PvZ2 just yet. Turn off your data connection (wifi/4g/etc) then run PvZ2. It'll still ask for your age but this time it should prompt for a new profile. After creating new profile, close PvZ2 as per normal. Turn on data again and it should sync your other profile.

I hope that works for you.

Message 5 of 11 (5,689 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you again for the response, I’ve tried it and unfortunately even downloading the app without my WiFi, and starting it up, it found a way to sync to my old profile

Message 6 of 11 (5,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

@Denmark1012 wrote:

Thank you again for the response, I’ve tried it and unfortunately even downloading the app without my WiFi, and starting it up, it found a way to sync to my old profile

I'm a bit puzzled on how you downloaded without wifi... It may be connecting via other means...

Try airplane mode (turns off all radio signals which includes all data connectivity).

Message 7 of 11 (5,682 Views)

Champion

I am an iphone PVZ2 user in UK.  I can confirm the new profile feature was removed since the introduction of Battlez as EA did claim that it interferes with the Battlez mechanic. 

However, when I travelled to Far East last Christmas for a short holiday and to my surprise, I was offered to create a new profile at the hotel when opening the PVZ2 app using their Wi-Fi. 

I think the game glitches as I was routed to a different server in a new geographical location.

Message 8 of 11 (5,675 Views)

Anonymous

@eieio_31310 wrote:

I am an iphone PVZ2 user in UK.  I can confirm the new profile feature was removed since the introduction of Battlez as EA did claim that it interferes with the Battlez mechanic. 

However, when I travelled to Far East last Christmas for a short holiday and to my surprise, I was offered to create a new profile at the hotel when opening the PVZ2 app using their Wi-Fi. 

I think the game glitches as I was routed to a different server in a new geographical location.

This'll be an expensive work-around but it's guaranteed to work. 😅

Speaking of geographics, VPN's would be cheaper but too technical (and cumbersome) to setup. 🤓

Message 9 of 11 (5,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Denmark1012  I think the IOS uses Game Centre to save game data, maybe you can try logging out of Game Centre 1st before installing the game and see if it works this way.  

Persoanlly, I have invested a lot of time and efforts on this game since 2013, so I normally keep avoiding the re-installation at all cost as I have no faith in the software itself. 

Message 10 of 11 (5,663 Views)