Missing Coins after 7.6.1. update

by kalo2809

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing Coins after 7.6.1. update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi all,

I just updated my PvZ 2 to version 7.6.1. but to my horror my coins are displaying 0 all the time now and I can't do anything to change that. Attempting to add coins via ads, zen garden marigolds or other methods is futile and I cannot spend any coins to see if its just a visual bug or not because the 0 immediately prompts me to add coins via real money purchases for example when I try to upgrade a plant.

Just like the majority of PvZ 2 players, I am too a.. "victim" to the infamous multiplier bug. A few months ago I changed my phone (both old and new phone were Androids) and that is when all content, including coins, gems, zen garden sprouts, Arena gauntlets, etc., started doubling out of control. Somehow I managed to stop the doubling via my Google Play progress save option (clicking the joystick icon on the bottom right of the start window of the game), but not before my coins reached 2,147,483,647. From then on, every time I earn additional coins with which the coin total would go beyond this number, it instead drops down to zero. Up until version 7.5.1., going back to the start window of the game and re-clicking on the Google Play joystick icon reset the total back to 2,147,483,647 and I could play on and use my coins again, but with version 7.6.1., the coin total is 0 from the moment the game starts. I have tried everything - force stopping and restarting the app, reinstalling the app, reinstalling the 7.5.1. version via an online apk and reinstalling the 7.6.1. update separately - but nothing helps. I also registered my e-mail address with EA to save my game progress (clicking the cloud icon on the bottom left of the start window of the game) in 7.5.1. and see if that would help reverting the 0 in 7.6.1. - it did not help.

If anyone has any helpful information on this issue, please help. I have already contacted EA Support and they stated they have referred my matter to the dev. team for review.

Message 1 of 20 (4,135 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing Coins after 7.6.1. update

★★★★ Novice

Hi all,

Today I am happy to report that the issue was resolved. An EA member contacted me and after explaining the issue again, they did something on their side. Afterwards, I could finally add coins to my account in any known means (ads, zen garden marigolds, etc.) and my coin total was reset roughly to the total I had prior to the multiplier bug hitting me. I am happy that I can finally play the game again, fairly and with an eased mind hoping that the damn bug is finally gone Standard smile

So if you are experiencing the same or a similar issue, I guess the solution is to contact EA Support, explain what you are experiencing, provide screenshots to help illustrate the problem, definitely report it as missing content (NOT a bug!) and see what the support team member will tell you to do and how you would proceed. I cannot, of course, guarantee that the issue will be fixed with the same speed as mine was (if you can call a few days "speed"), but if there is a delay, a good practice is to raise awareness about the issue online. Posting a topic in this forum can help, as well as writing about the issue on other sites. I know the whole PvZ franchise has a fandom website or something, as well as a profile on Reddit, so raise awareness everywhere you can.

I am afraid I do not know much else on what the EA member did to fix the issue, so that's it from me. Hope everyone else who has this issue can get theirs fixed too Standard smile

View in thread

Message 10 of 20 (3,877 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@kalo2809 Same problem here. Am looking forward to see what fix, if any, is available. RIght now, even when I complete a question and should earn coins, the zero balance remains 0
Message 2 of 20 (4,071 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

All i can suggest is you report it as missing content instead of a bug, you stand a better chance of getting your coins back.

Message 3 of 20 (4,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@MAGICDAVESHROOM
I did report it as missing content indeed. I haven't played the game for a few hours and just relaunched it and the problem still persists. Obviously I am not playing until I get my coins back. I'll report if there is another update.

Message 4 of 20 (4,052 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@kalo2809 wrote:

@MAGICDAVESHROOM
I did report it as missing content indeed. I haven't played the game for a few hours and just relaunched it and the problem still persists. Obviously I am not playing until I get my coins back. I'll report if there is another update.

Insane! Wow, hopefully they resolved it for you.

Message 5 of 20 (4,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Today I tried to reinstall my app again, unfortunately this didn't fix the issue and the coins still displayed 0 all the time, but this time there was an identity conflict which prompted me to select one of two player IDs when I first launched the game after re-installment. I could either select and play with my old player ID which had all my profiles and game progress or I could start with the new ID from scratch. Obviously I chose the old player ID, but to my horror it had memorized a negative value for my coins - almost -539 million. If that means that I have to play off 539 million coins via gameplay until I can get new coins which I can use, I will officially quit playing this game. I seriously hope someone at EA is looking for a solution to this, EA Support reassured me that their dev. team is looking over this, but one can trully only hope.....

Message 6 of 20 (3,976 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@kalo2809 wrote:

Today I tried to reinstall my app again, unfortunately this didn't fix the issue and the coins still displayed 0 all the time, but this time there was an identity conflict which prompted me to select one of two player IDs when I first launched the game after re-installment. I could either select and play with my old player ID which had all my profiles and game progress or I could start with the new ID from scratch. Obviously I chose the old player ID, but to my horror it had memorized a negative value for my coins - almost -539 million. If that means that I have to play off 539 million coins via gameplay until I can get new coins which I can use, I will officially quit playing this game. I seriously hope someone at EA is looking for a solution to this, EA Support reassured me that their dev. team is looking over this, but one can trully only hope.....

The reinstallation process gives you a choice of your existing profile or a new one with a new player i.d. starting from scratch which reloads your existing game data providing you choose the correct one.

If it has stored faulty data from it's last save then it will simply reload that faulty data as part of the reinstallation process.

You need to contact EA HELP CENTER and report it as missing content and tell them how many coins you should have because if you report it as a bug it will just get filed with the many bug🐛 reports pvz2 generates.

Message 7 of 20 (3,972 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MAGICDAVESHROOM As I have already mentioned, I did report everything in my issue as missing content, though in my opinion EA Support also gets a lot of these as well, not just bug reports, so I can only hope there is someone looking at my issue and trying to figure it out.
Message 8 of 20 (3,950 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Yes they do get a lot of these complaints and they have an annoying habit of marking them as resolved without actually doing anything about them.

You should have been given a case number to keep track of your complaint.

Message 9 of 20 (3,942 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi all,

Today I am happy to report that the issue was resolved. An EA member contacted me and after explaining the issue again, they did something on their side. Afterwards, I could finally add coins to my account in any known means (ads, zen garden marigolds, etc.) and my coin total was reset roughly to the total I had prior to the multiplier bug hitting me. I am happy that I can finally play the game again, fairly and with an eased mind hoping that the damn bug is finally gone Standard smile

So if you are experiencing the same or a similar issue, I guess the solution is to contact EA Support, explain what you are experiencing, provide screenshots to help illustrate the problem, definitely report it as missing content (NOT a bug!) and see what the support team member will tell you to do and how you would proceed. I cannot, of course, guarantee that the issue will be fixed with the same speed as mine was (if you can call a few days "speed"), but if there is a delay, a good practice is to raise awareness about the issue online. Posting a topic in this forum can help, as well as writing about the issue on other sites. I know the whole PvZ franchise has a fandom website or something, as well as a profile on Reddit, so raise awareness everywhere you can.

I am afraid I do not know much else on what the EA member did to fix the issue, so that's it from me. Hope everyone else who has this issue can get theirs fixed too Standard smile

Message 10 of 20 (3,878 Views)