Re: Missing Coins after 7.6.1. update

by danielinsuasti

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

@kalo2809 wrote:

Hi all,

Today I am happy to report that the issue was resolved. An EA member contacted me and after explaining the issue again, they did something on their side. Afterwards, I could finally add coins to my account in any known means (ads, zen garden marigolds, etc.) and my coin total was reset roughly to the total I had prior to the multiplier bug hitting me. I am happy that I can finally play the game again, fairly and with an eased mind hoping that the damn bug is finally gone Standard smile

So if you are experiencing the same or a similar issue, I guess the solution is to contact EA Support, explain what you are experiencing, provide screenshots to help illustrate the problem, definitely report it as missing content (NOT a bug!) and see what the support team member will tell you to do and how you would proceed. I cannot, of course, guarantee that the issue will be fixed with the same speed as mine was (if you can call a few days "speed"), but if there is a delay, a good practice is to raise awareness about the issue online. Posting a topic in this forum can help, as well as writing about the issue on other sites. I know the whole PvZ franchise has a fandom website or something, as well as a profile on Reddit, so raise awareness everywhere you can.

I am afraid I do not know much else on what the EA member did to fix the issue, so that's it from me. Hope everyone else who has this issue can get theirs fixed too Standard smile

Hooray!

I would like to point out that this is a well known bug🐛 that has struck many players over many months, it has been very well publicised in this forum and on reddit.

I personally have have told well over twenty players to contact EA HELP as they are the only people who can fix it, as i told you.

The problem is the .bug🐛 seems to be in the backup servers so while it is generally inactive, every time your gamedata is refreshed, it gets back onto your phone/ tablet.

EA HELP fixes all the backups so it shouldn't reoccur.

This is as i understand it, I'm not a software engineer, just a gamer.

As we're on the subject of bugs, i think EA may have finally fixed the restore purchases bug🐛 as it hasn't happened to me in a while.

Message 11 of 20 (796 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@MAGICDAVESHROOM Yup you are super helpful and kind to direct the poor hapless players who has been hit by these bugs. Appreciate your voice in this Standard smile
Message 12 of 20 (780 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have the same problem, my coins are displaying 0, I have tried to reinstall the game and when I use my google account to restore my balance, It shows me a very big amount of coins but when starting the game, that shows me 0, I have tried to with adds, tournaments or whatever option to gain coins but neve advance from 0.

Id y error2.jpeg
Message 13 of 20 (606 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@danielinsuasti 

You have to tap HELP CENTER at the bottom of the page and fill out a missing content report, you will have to provide them with your player I.d. number and helpful screenshots  but they're usually fairly good with missing content cases.

On another subject I stated in a post last September that I thought the restore purchases bug was gone, this proved to be incorrect and the restore purchases bug is lurking in the servers and reappears if you delete data, reinstall or update BUT it does seem to go away of it's own accord fairly quickly. 

🐛🦠🐛🦠🐛

Message 14 of 20 (588 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MAGICDAVESHROOM Thanks for your response, I will do that you said.
Message 15 of 20 (570 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey I've already tried messaging the devs but there's no action taken. It's almost for a year now. My problem is I can't play Pennywise and I can't gain any coins, always zero. I have unlimited gems and stuff but zero coins. This doesn't make me happy because there is no challenge and it is boring. I don't want the unlimited stuff, I want the normal one. Please help me. How I can fix this. Please refer me to the support

Message 16 of 20 (440 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@CrazySteinsGate 

You have to report it as a missing content case to get a response.

It sounds like you got the resources doubling bug which is great fun until the game can't handle the big numbers and resets coins to zero.

You have to tap HELP at the bottom of the page and ask EA HELP to reset your resources levels and get rid of the bug.

Message 17 of 20 (435 Views)

★★ Novice

I've already tried but won't respond. 

Screenshot_2021-08-17-17-38-47-73.jpg
Message 18 of 20 (418 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@CrazySteinsGate 

You go to the bottom of this page, tap on help, this will take you to EA HELP CENTER, fill out the form as a missing content case and they should respond to you.

This is a screenshot of the bottom of the page. Tap HELP.

Screenshot_2021-08-17-11-02-21-1.png
Message 19 of 20 (411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how to contact EA support? 

Message 20 of 20 (224 Views)