MID LEVEL MINI FORUM

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

Re: MID LEVEL MINI FORUM

★★★★★ Expert

So paying attention early is real important.  Many times I am distracted and forget I started an Arena match so I am far behind (10, 20 seconds or more) and struggle to catch up.

Makes perfect sense to use an R-mint early to tell them Zombies to "bring it on" as I am ready to rumble !!

Message 31 of 4,286 (3,297 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@FantastiXxPVZ I use RF early but the zombies still came out so slowly Frown(
Message 32 of 4,286 (3,292 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@HenryThePear wrote:
@FantastiXxPVZI use RF early but the zombies still came out so slowly Frown(

Thing is your expectations might be too high. If you see a really great score posted, it's not the norm. At your level, I see alot of YouTubers post an average score of 2.2 - 2.7 Million. So, you aren't doing bad. Also, Zombies coming out too slow might be a result of a plant death, a lawn mower triggered, or slow killing. Also, look at what kind of Zombies are coming out. If it's Bucketheads, ZDL is high, if its Coneheads, the ZDL has been lowered.

Message 33 of 4,286 (3,286 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

On future games you can compare the Zombies in the Zombie Alamanac to tell what Level the Zombies you are seeing are. Like, for example the Arena might have lowest ZDL sparsely producing regular Zombies, mid-range ZDL producing Conehead Mummies, Higher ZDL with Bucketheads and optimal ZDL with Pyramid Heads or just a crap ton of Bucketheads, like we are seeing now. Those are easy comparison. Sometimes in Arena we may see cross-Adventure type Zombies, like Low level from Ancient Egypt and Some higher ones from Far Furture.

Message 34 of 4,286 (3,284 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@FantastiXxPVZ My PPM got burned by skill zombies.maybe that triggers lower ZDL
Message 35 of 4,286 (3,271 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Probably did just that.

Message 36 of 4,286 (3,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@HenryThePear wrote:
@FantastiXxPVZMy PPM got burned by skill zombies.maybe that triggers lower ZDL

Definitely. Unfortunately, not much you can do, but try to avoid planting in column 6 to column 9 initially. Try to use your Blover as a sacrifice to take the skull beam, since Blover is an insta-plant and is not a Penalty plant. I'd check out that link I posted about scoring. 👈😉

Message 37 of 4,286 (3,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@HenryThePear wrote:
@FantastiXxPVZMy PPM got burned by skill zombies.maybe that triggers lower ZDL

I usually use PPM after a Reinforce-Mint/Blover combo and plant it on the most right column. You have to be a bit lucky that no shoveling guy comes out or your PPM charges fast enough. I also have a specific "time stamp" when I take a peek at my score to see if it is a good run. This tournament you want to try to have a score of 2M+ at the 1 minute mark. I'm usually already out of plan food at that time (or have one left). But don't focus on your score too much during the game Standard smile

Message 38 of 4,286 (3,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@PowerTossAfter numerous matches with lơw RNG I finally got over 3mil again
not my best score indeed though,but i am 1st in gold ^^

87AB4E0A-A7B4-476C-8E40-3FBEE91EFB81.png
5EB39CF2-12BD-4BE3-9A70-7F239304DF48.png
Message 39 of 4,286 (3,238 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@HenryThePear Very nice!!! Standard smile You will definitely get the 4M score in Jade League during the Boosterama. The ZDL of the zombies in Jade League might start a little bit higher compared to the ZDL in Gold League. 

Message 40 of 4,286 (3,230 Views)