Lost profile/progress bug

by MacTX1999

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost profile/progress bug

★★★★★ Novice

So it seems I've been hit with the disappearing profile/progress bug on Android.

The app crashed when loading today's pinata game and when I restarted, the game is wiped to the beginning (like when first installed). Logged back into Google Play and entered my same user name and age and I'm back at the very beginning. My 43/46 achievements and leaderboard ranking is still there but everything else is just gone.

Message 1 of 19 (22,432 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost profile/progress bug

★★★★★ Novice

Popcap support that I accessed from the app was able to help me a week ago so its been solved, they were able to recover it.

View in thread

Message 4 of 19 (27,514 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@MacTX1999 wrote:

So it seems I've been hit with the disappearing profile/progress bug on Android.

The app crashed when loading today's pinata game and when I restarted, the game is wiped to the beginning (like when first installed). Logged back into Google Play and entered my same user name and age and I'm back at the very beginning. My 43/46 achievements and leaderboard ranking is still there but everything else is just gone.

@MacTX1999 (and anyone else with this issue) -- I've not had this issue myself, but given the fact that nobody else has replied by now, I'd suggest contacting official support rather than hoping for a response from another player here.  I would suggest using whichever of these links makes the most sense for you.  (I've copied them from one of the sticky posts above for you.)

To get support for any non-Pogo PopCap games, please visit http://support.popcap.com.

For Plants Vs. Zombies 2 we have these direct links for iOS and Android users:

iOS: http://support.popcap.com/pvz2

Android: http://support.popcap.com/pvz2-android

You can also contact Customer Support from within the game on iOS and Android by tapping Help in the game’s Main Menu, then filling out the form that appears in a browser window.

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 2 of 19 (22,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie
same here when i get up and open the game is all gone. All gam and coin. I did not care fore that. But all my progress and garden are gone. I lost interest to play again
Message 3 of 19 (22,316 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Popcap support that I accessed from the app was able to help me a week ago so its been solved, they were able to recover it.

Message 4 of 19 (27,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How long it took for them to reply? I wrote them like 2 days ago and no answer yet. Its kind of frustrating to start this all over again and I lost my Ghost Pepper and Hurrikale.

Message 5 of 19 (22,283 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

about 3 days.

Message 6 of 19 (22,282 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had same problem couple weeks ago but they were able to recover my profile after a few days.

Message 7 of 19 (22,268 Views)

★★ Novice

I filled out the form for Popcap support in January and have yet to get a response. I included my email address and the profile names for all three profiles that were lost. It's been three months. Where is my help?

Message 8 of 19 (22,213 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

did you get to the form through the game itself? from the game title screen, click on the gear icon to open the menu and click the help icon. it'll open a web browser (from whatever your default browser is). scroll to the bottom of the page for the "contact us" button. on the page form that it takes you to, there's a "problem with user profile" subject you can choose.  mine took about 3 days and their email was pretty much a request to resync as they pretty much had already fixed it by then. I only did a general explanation and to be honest, didn't expect it to work when I did it as at that point, no one had replied to any of my posts here.

Message 9 of 19 (22,212 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@trixter_pl56 wrote:

I filled out the form for Popcap support in January and have yet to get a response. I included my email address and the profile names for all three profiles that were lost. It's been three months. Where is my help?

@trixter_pl56 Keep in mind that this is a forum for players to assist other players, so I cannot speak for EA/Popcap.  Having said that, I think that they would have answered by now unless something got lost or glitched, so I would request assistance again.

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 10 of 19 (22,205 Views)