Lightning Reed vs. Electric Peashooter?

by Varnayrah

Original Post

Lightning Reed vs. Electric Peashooter?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi...

I've a question: since I really love the electric plant group I'm tempted since quite some time to buy the electric peashooter. When I compare the damage values on wiki I can't find that much difference to lightning reed, though, and both seem to have that chain reaction. So... is there an advantage of electric peashooter over lightning reed I just don't see? Since it's a real money plant I wouldn't buy it if it basically does the same as a free plant. Just a s side info - my lightning rod is level 8, electric peashooter would probably jump to level 6 or 7 at once. So - where is the basic difference between the plants?

Message 1 of 4 (1,020 Views)

Re: Lightning Reed vs. Electric Peashooter?

★★★★★ Expert

For Lightning Reed the chain reaction is limited to a specific amount of Zombies, depending on its level. Since Electric Peashooter's Peas pass through the Zombies the chain reaction is not really limited to the number of Zombies.

Electric Peashooter is an upgraded version of Lightning Reed. There are a bunch of videos that compare the two plants. Here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ryD9He0jN8

Message 2 of 4 (971 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! Since she appears in the present Penny's Pursuit I just got her.

Message 3 of 4 (909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Varnayrah wrote:

Thank you! Since she appears in the present Penny's Pursuit I just got her.

Haha, for me it is exactly the other way round. When I first played that level I was like "they really want me to buy Electric Peashooter, don't they!". I recently bought some Premiums like Chomper and Escape Root and I wanted to buy the Popular Peashooter Bundle the next time it is in the store (E-Pea, Snow Pea, Fire Pea). However, now I'm not going to buy it because they put this level in the game that can only be completed on high difficulty if you have Electric Peashooter  Only purpose for this level is to make players buy Electric Peashooter Disappointed Good you already considered buying EP before you played that level.

Now I might just get Snow Pea.

Message 4 of 4 (888 Views)