Re: It's about time they fixed those Android crashes - all progress lost!

by marczimm_a

Original Post

It's about time they fixed those Android crashes - all progress lost!

★ Novice

So, my Android box locked up while starting PvZ2 and I had to pull the plug to turn it off. Starting the game now immediately returns me to the Android home screen. I tried this method to aviod a complete reinstall but it was no good, since apparently my settings are corrupted so the reinstall did not help. I had to clear cache and setting to be able to start the game again which of course meant, I had to start over playing cause all progress was lost.

What I'm not getting is the fact that this bug has been around for a while, see

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-Vs-Zombies-2/Lost-all-my-progress-and-money/m-p/2687414#U2687414

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-Vs-Zombies-2/Plants-vs-Zombies-2-crash-upon-open-android/m-p/2974886...

and is still NOT fixed, even with the new 10 level dark ages update. I had this played through the other day and would never have expected to encounter this bug after all this time developers were aware of it.

So, how do I get my progress back and how do I save my settings so it won't happen again?

Message 1 of 6 (1,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure why they even have these forums, since it doesn't appear there's ever a response.

Message 2 of 6 (999 Views)

★ Novice

I started over yesterday cause such a catastropic error wouldn't happen so soon, would it? Guess what, today it locked up again destroying my newly made progress! **bleep** EA for nor fixing this or at least giving us a save game so we can continue playing rather than having to start over.

Message 3 of 6 (987 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The next time you start over, try connecting the game with Google+. That should protect you from future progress loss as the save game is then in the cloud, allowing you to reconnect to the game after un-/reinstalling.

Message 4 of 6 (844 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, I've thought about this but I'm not to keen on signing up with them for privacy reasons. It's also quite possible that locking up during saving might corrupt those save games as well, no? I'm weirded out by the fact that even when I copied over all local files prior the crash, I'm not able to restore my save game. Of course, EA can't be bothered to tell us how to back up save games locally (as if those hadn't been cracked already).

Message 5 of 6 (840 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@blammo42 wrote:

It's also quite possible that locking up during saving might corrupt those save games as well, no?

I'm not sure. The whole thing seems to be transaction oriented using an interface with Google's servers rather than creating a local copy and then transferring it to the cloud server. In case of a crash during save the connection will likely just fail with just the very latest progress not stored.

Message 6 of 6 (770 Views)