Re: I think I'm up against a Bot/Cheater in my Jade league table

by Humplemann

Original Post

I think I'm up against a Bot/Cheater in my Jade league table

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

WOW - just - WOW!

Last night I had a lead of 117 in my league. 

This morning I extended the lead to 152. I increased it again at lunch time, taking it to 177.

This evening I found the lead had been cut to 108, but it was by someone other than the player who had been in second place. As far as I can recall, the new threat came from someone who had previously been outside the top 6.

That made me decide to string together a few matches to either take my lead out again, or to at least keep pace with my pursuer if they were still active.

FAT CHANCE!!!!

In the time it took me to notch up a further 50 crowns, my pursuer's score had increased by 136 and cut my lead to 22.

I'd played 10 matches in around an hour. (That was about 6 minutes for each match from start to finish for setup, playing, and then the time it took for me to claim my rewards.)

In that same period, 'Their' 136 crowns equated to 28 matches - 27 wins and one loss. That works out to less than 2 minutes and 10 seconds taken to play each 3 minute match, including set up, playing, and then getting any rewards.

Before anyone suggests that 'They' had played while in Turbo mode, I was also using Turbo.

I'm not going to get involved in a crowns race for the top spot where it seems I stand no chance. I'll leave off playing for now and see how things stand in the morning.

I've come up against several 'Bots'/Dodgy recordings while playing Battlez matches, but this is my first experience of suspect activity within the league table.

Message 1 of 5 (960 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

A couple of months ago someone managed to overtake me and take first place when i never lost a match when they overtook me.

This still puzzles me and I've started to question (without response from EA) the whole league system.

How many (if any at all) actual players are in my league?

At the moment i am 383 crowns ahead of my number 2 in jade 

My best score so far this week is 5.3 million, a few 4 million and i usually score around 2.5- 3 million.

My biggest loss is 3.1 to 13.4 million to maxed out plants.

ChEAtbots are far less obvious than they used to be but i still think they're around.

Message 2 of 5 (951 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

BattleZ does have issues...

I was totally pumped earlier to day after I somehow beat a Level 10 player (1.041M to 962k) when I am using Level 6 plants and a Level 2 Spearmint !!

Then I was humbled in the next round (round 11 finally after never getting past 6 or 7 the past few weeks) by a Level 10 player who had a Level 20 Bonk Choy !!

And I am only in Gold League this week.  The unequal pairings is just ridiculous.

There will always be cheaters but is not EA moving them to their own personal playground ??

Message 3 of 5 (915 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I found the 1st match was easier, 9th match got harder, i usually lost the 10th and NEVER got past the 11th unless i paid the "gem tax" then it reset and began the cycle again ad infinitum.

The "gem tax" increases by 10 every cycle until it gets capped at 250.

It costs about 3,000 gems before you reach the cap.

I'm surprised a level 10 bot got less than a million but i think they're set to track your score and beat you by a small margin so if you score big just before the match ends then it doesn't have time to react.

Screenshot_2018-06-29-17-17-52.png
Message 4 of 5 (904 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've had what I consider to be cast iron confirmation of my original belief that I was up against a bot/cheater in my Jade league. Now, however, I'm convinced it was a BOT.

Since first posting about this on Saturday, I've been noting the behaviour of the suspect 'Player'. At the time of that Saturday post, the 'Player' was 22 crowns behind me. When I entered Battlez on the Sunday, I was fully expecting to find myself in second position and in all probability quite a few crowns behind. This was not the case. I was still 22 crowns in front.

I then played a few matches and extended the 22 crown lead to 47. When I went back into Battlez later in the day, my lead had been cut back to 22. I then played more matches until my lead was 72.

On the Monday, my lead had been cut to 22. I used my free play and free gauntlets to get another 25 crowns. (Taking me to 47 ahead). Later in the day, my lead was cut back to . . . . . .  22

I then started playing random numbers of matches. No matter how many crowns I extended my lead by, it was pegged back to 22 each time.

Today I played 5 matches to restore a lead of 47. Two hours later, it was back to 22.

I thought that it was either Bot placed in the league in an attempt to make me use up my gauntlets to play more matches, or someone taking the p-i-s-s with the intention of leaving things until almost the end of the tournament to surge past me to take the win.

I decided to not give someone the satisfaction of thinking they'd spoiled my week by robbing me of first place with only minutes remaining, so I stopped playing.

Over the remainder of the tournament, the 'Player's' score also remained unchanged. I periodically kept watch on the league but there was no scoring action.

I still expected to see my lead wiped out near the end, but it didn't happen and I won the league.

Throughout the Sunday, Monday, and today, my lead was constantly tracked to keep it at 22. If that's not Bot behaviour, I don't know what is.

Message 5 of 5 (883 Views)