I got rid of the multiplier bug!

by 1H3J0KER

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I got rid of the multiplier bug!

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

A few days ago I had an issue with the multiplier bug. My gems and coins had skyrocketed and turned negative corrupting my profile. I reported it as a bug in EA help and made a case twice, but it was always marked as closed. Then I made another case under missing content and got a reply asking me how many resources I had at the beginning. I replied, and after 12 hours, I got a message that it had been resolved. 

When I opened the game (thankfully), my resources were back to the original number. However, when I synced my game (I downloaded it on 2 Android devices), and went back to my world map, I saw that they had multiplied again. Nothing was negative, but they were in the low millions. I quickly spent some and brought the number down, thinking that as long as I didn't tap the sync button it would remain at that number.

No such luck. When I came back to the game a couple hours later, the coins had again multiplied along with gems and mints. I personally wouldn't mind keeping these resources, but to maintain my integrity and resources, and not ruin Battlez for many people, could someone tell me how to NOT ACTIVATE the multiplication trigger on this game, or even better, how to remove this bug completely? I don't support using APK, mods, hacks, etc for fear that my account of 9 years will be banned.

Strange observation btw, the first time I encountered this bug, my resources multiplied by about 100000 roughly (I recently made a post on this), but now they only multiplied by 6 (that's accurate).

Message 1 of 5 (724 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't get rid of multiplier bug

Champion

@1H3J0KER   If I remember correctly, this bug, or user data corruption, comes with some variations and sadly most are not fixed as from personal observation, EA has not been active or show any signs of urgency on fixing this bug.  I have seen players trying to use up the resources as quick as they can and some are lucky that the amount stuck at max and does not advance to negative while some are not so lucky and gave up the game completely. 

My advice is try to focus on enjoying the game and getting the new plants and or leveling them up now that you have not got to worry about the resources (I know this sometimes will rob some fun out of the daily grinding of ads watching and a sense of achievement when you finally have enough resources to purchase updates) do keep an eye on the amount gained and periodically give the HELP CENTER helpful advisor a visit to get them help applying a temporary fix to your account until it breaks again.

I do not think they will ban your account since this is not your fault but do keep a record of your player ID, your communications, and your plant collection, or any $$$ purchase just in case.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (700 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@1H3J0KER   If I remember correctly, this bug, or user data corruption, comes with some variations and sadly most are not fixed as from personal observation, EA has not been active or show any signs of urgency on fixing this bug.  I have seen players trying to use up the resources as quick as they can and some are lucky that the amount stuck at max and does not advance to negative while some are not so lucky and gave up the game completely. 

My advice is try to focus on enjoying the game and getting the new plants and or leveling them up now that you have not got to worry about the resources (I know this sometimes will rob some fun out of the daily grinding of ads watching and a sense of achievement when you finally have enough resources to purchase updates) do keep an eye on the amount gained and periodically give the HELP CENTER helpful advisor a visit to get them help applying a temporary fix to your account until it breaks again.

I do not think they will ban your account since this is not your fault but do keep a record of your player ID, your communications, and your plant collection, or any $$$ purchase just in case.

Message 2 of 5 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@1H3J0KER 

To remove this bug you have to go to EA HELP but don't report it as a bug otherwise  they don't do anything about it except kick it upstairs.

Missing content is still your best bet.

Message 3 of 5 (698 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Just to get you up to speed, the term we use here to define your situation is "lagniappe". It is NOT in the EA terms of service that you are forced to refuse lagniappe.

Message 4 of 5 (638 Views)

★★ Guide

Update:

After 4 weeks in hell, some hope. After I told EA that although my resources were reset, the bug was still there, some gracious soul finally understood what was happening as sent the matter upstairs. After that, it was resolved in 12 hours.

I guess that contrary to popular Reddit threads, EA Customer Service is pretty helpful, plus, they also took care of what Reddit calls: 'an uncurable bug'.

Message 5 of 5 (525 Views)